PDA

View Full Version : The Academy Is...

oddler
05-26-2007, 08:34 AM
I recently saw this band live and immediately picked up their albums afterwards. Almost Here trumps Santi so easily. I don't like the turn their music took between those 2~3 years.

Opinions on these guys? :)

41-Inches-Wide
05-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I've had Slow Down and Almost here on my playlist and they're okay, I mean they usually don't have the greatest thought-provoking lyrics in the world but they have good melody. They are pretty pop-y and likeable enough.

I Don't Need A Name
05-26-2007, 10:41 AM
i love Almost Here, Santi is a bit weaker but its still good!

fire_of_avalon
05-26-2007, 03:08 PM
William Beckett has a great voice, but I don't really care for the band as a whole.

Momiji
05-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Almost Here is a great album, I love it. However, I listened to a few songs from Santi and was sorely unimpressed. So I'm not getting that one.

Their songs are so catchy though, it's hard to not listen to Almost Here from beginning to end.

oddler
05-30-2007, 02:24 AM
William Beckett has a great voice, but I don't really care for the band as a whole.

Yes (he's really well-spoken and I can appreciate that) and blasphemy. :)

Almost Here is a great album, I love it. However, I listened to a few songs from Santi and was sorely unimpressed. So I'm not getting that one.

I still think it's good. It's not really my style and very different from Almost Here but still pretty inventive and I like that.

Their songs are so catchy though, it's hard to not listen to Almost Here from beginning to end.

I've been listening to it in my car and I can't seem to push the eject button at the end of it.
It just repeats over and over. :D