PDA

View Full Version : my fears

remnant1
05-26-2007, 03:12 PM
since i have never played ffXl before i am afraid that when i do get it ill be one of the only noobs left in the game.its been out for quite some time and i know that most of the people that bought the game earlier than others have already done everything there is to do in ffXl.i wonder if ill be able to start a party with actual noobs like me instead of low lvl charecters that some high lvl person just started ya know.will i have to worry about this much?

:confused:

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Nope, I joined a week or two ago and when I did I met someone else who was also new, plus you see people with the newb "?" too (though they could be second characters of veterans). Probably more experience players could settle your worries better, but for the most part you are not alone when it comes to being new, plus even if you were the only new one the community, as far as I have experienced, is pretty helpful and supportive.

Necronopticous
05-26-2007, 06:01 PM
You should fear addiction, not inadequacy.

You'll be fine.

remnant1
05-26-2007, 06:25 PM
:) thats good news for me ive been reading up on final fantasy's gameplay all day but i wont be able to understand it all until i play(wich will be more later than sooner)i hope i find a noob to explore with me lol

Del Murder
05-26-2007, 06:56 PM
You should seek out vetran players as well as newbies because they can teach you a lot about the game. Some people are jerks but if you explain you are new they will hopefully be helpful and supportive.

Lionx
05-29-2007, 03:06 AM
:) thats good news for me ive been reading up on final fantasy's gameplay all day but i wont be able to understand it all until i play(wich will be more later than sooner)i hope i find a noob to explore with me lol

Come to midgard ;)

Btw SoL you should message me sometime in the game if you see me..^^ be glad to help you if you need any.

05-29-2007, 04:25 AM
Will do! ^_^

nozkits
05-29-2007, 04:52 AM
Will do! ^_^

forget midgar come to Pandemonium...

Its like Turkey.

nice people

that randomly help you out

with a warm heart and great hospitality.......

though once you reach lvl 40 everyone is always angry....

No.78
05-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Well last time I went to the dunes it was a wasteland, I think I saw one party? I feel sorry for the newcomers.

remnant1
05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
so either midgard or pandemoniom ehh?the kind of gameing i want out of final fantasy Xl is that i meet some good friends who all are noobs(that way no one of use know what to do lol)so we adventure as a party and explore the many lands of vana diel.we face challenges and overcome them.i know it sounds all goody goody but i tired of playing mmorpg's where i fight alone all the time and my team mates dont do crap(eudemons).that leads me to a question i must ask,are there clan/legion/guild wars at all?

Lionx
05-30-2007, 02:56 PM
The only thing closest to PvP is Ballista which is more of a sport scoring game than anything, and the Capture the Flag Brenner. Otherwise PvP is nonexistant in this game.

Lol its up to you where you wanna go really, either way we will try to help you out.

remnant1
05-30-2007, 03:01 PM
so are all of your ffXl screen names your eoff name?mine name will probably reamnant(ppl call me ream,its remnant but wil ream lol im love it)

Lionx
05-30-2007, 03:24 PM
If you check one of the stickies you would know the answer to be...

yes x3

remnant1
05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
whats a stickie?

05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
He means the sticky thread at the top of the FF XI board.

BTW you can also look at our profiles and they should be there too. (BTW mine is Aurus)

remnant1
05-30-2007, 10:58 PM
ight will do,when i get around to buying it ill make sure i come back here and talk to everyone

Garland
05-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Real newbies are so rare, many people probably forgot how to deal with them. I think community standards have risen substancially since the days when most of us were newbs. I don't think many players make a distinction between a new player and a person levelling another job to 75. FFXI is still newb friendly, but you have to find the right people early on. That applies to everyone these days, really. The days of the pick-up group, a party of random strangers, have been in steady decline for months now. Granted, they happen, but it's much more common for people to limit their parties to their close circle of friends. That's largely why you don't see people seeking parties in Dunes and other low level zones anymore. The amount of parties at various levels isn't that much lower than it's ever been (though it is a little lower), it's just that people don't bother with strangers anymore. Anyway, you'll have a great time in FFXI if you hook up with LionX or someone else here. FFXI is all about social connections and starting off with established friends is a larger head start than any gil or item donations you might get.

No.78
05-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Don't choose Kujata. People suck in Kujata.