PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Ashley Schovitz
05-26-2007, 08:34 PM
this is one of the movies coming out this Summer, I'm still not sure if I'm going to see it though, but after the look at this new trailer (http://www.harrypotterorderofthephoenix.com/) I could say that I might. Hopefully there won't too many things cut out,. Later I'll speculate on things that would be okay to leave out and what things they shouldn't even think about leaving out. We don't want this to end up like Goblet of Fire where so many things were changed that it really took away from the plot. I wonder how long it will be considering the book is 874 pages long probably about 2 and a half hours, but Grindhouse turned out to be 3 hours and 11 minutes.

I Don't Need A Name
05-26-2007, 10:43 PM
If its got Emma Watson in it, im gonna watch it! :D well the trailer doesnt look too bad, but im not holding out any high espectations after the appauling version of Goblet Of Fire

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I too was disappointed with Goblet of Fire movie. But seeing how much of a Potter nerd I am, I will see it regardless, and I only hope that it is good. And even if it turns out to suck, I will only have to suffer the pain for a week than I can get the last book so that should cheer me up.

Araciel
05-27-2007, 01:55 AM
well...grindhouse is actually two movies...

also, harry potter, as is the case with many book to movie transitions, loses a lot of things that aren't seen as important (i'm not saying they aren't important) in the interest of keeping it interesting to the mainstream public who may not have read the books.

demondude
05-27-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm not that fussed I'll watch it but i'm not shaking with anticipation for it.

Essência
05-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Im not a fan of HP movies but I saw them to compare to the books. The books are better, but I hope this film can be good!

Discord
05-27-2007, 01:39 PM
If its got Emma Watson in it, im gonna watch it! :D [...]Fire

Apparently she'll quit after this one.

Tallulah
05-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm looking forward to it but I'm anticipating the final book much, much more!

Ashley Schovitz
05-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Did you notice that in the trailer Voldemort was in a suit? WTF for and at the train station?

I really only want to see this for the part in the book where the Death Eater's head changes into a baby's. if they cut that out then it'll completely suck.

Albel
05-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, why was he in a suit, cause i dont remember reading about that in the book.
But if they miss out the bit about Sirius then i'll go up to the film makers and slap em my self. Or the bit about Rons dad and that snake, or the bit about the giant.

I Don't Need A Name
05-27-2007, 07:02 PM
the giants not missed out cos its in the trailer. ive been really dissapointed as they always miss Ron's bit out in all the movies, and they are always the best. also, the movies are always 'starring Daniel Radcliff and Emma Watson' it never says Rupert Grint :(

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-27-2007, 11:16 PM
If its got Emma Watson in it, im gonna watch it! :D [...]Fire

Apparently she'll quit after this one.

Actually, her and Rupert signed to finish them all like last month. I read it on one of the official HP sites

licence
05-27-2007, 11:30 PM
I lost interest in the series after Order of the Pheonix was released a few years ago. Talking about the novel by the way. I'll probably watch the film sometime or other, maybe a couple of years after it's release if nothing else is on TV.

Breine
05-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Sure, I'll watch it sometime. I'm also a big fan of the books, but I didn't really care for the first two movies in the series. I though the third was decent, though, and the fourth was completely fine in my opinion.

I'm positive that this movie also is going to be at least decent, but I'm also afraid that they'll cut a lot of the story.. since it is a big book. I guess we'll have to see and wait.

Fynn
05-28-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm going to see it. OotP was one of my least favourite parts (HBP owns ALL!) but it's still great. Also, I don't think that cutting bits out of the book take away from the movie. A movie is good when it tries to catch the overall spirit of the book, not trying to be the book. Also, the movies tend to get better and better. The first two parts were... Let's be honest - they were abysmal. Movie number 4 was OK - nicely done. But for me, the best one up until now is the Prisoner of Azkaban - beautiful! Ironically, it catches the spirit of the book the best, even though it had the most bits cut out from it.

Ashley Schovitz
05-28-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm going to see it. OotP was one of my least favourite parts (HBP owns ALL!) but it's still great. Also, I don't think that cutting bits out of the book take away from the movie. A movie is good when it tries to catch the overall spirit of the book, not trying to be the book. Also, the movies tend to get better and better. The first two parts were... Let's be honest - they were abysmal. Movie number 4 was OK - nicely done. But for me, the best one up until now is the Prisoner of Azkaban - beautiful! Ironically, it catches the spirit of the book the best, even though it had the most bits cut out from it.
Really because I thought that Goblet of Fire had the most cut out especially things crucial to the plot like all of this

There were many things on Goblet of Fire that took away from the plot first being the appearance of Crouch in the very beggginning at the world Cup you indeed saw his face from the begginning and from the book it was totally supposed to be a surprise. Also Mr. Crouch and Ludo Bagman weren't present in the movie either Ludo Bagman didn't really add much to the story, but Mr. Crouch and Winky really were a part of the plot as Mr. Crouch was hiding his son in his house for over ten years using the illegal imperious curse and he took him out Quidditch World Cup for his really only free time. Mr. Crouch's appearance and dissapearance was also vital to alot of speculation with the forthcoming of the downfall of the ministry, he was missing along with the woman Voldemort kiled and Percy was the only one who was supposedly in contact with him and stated that we was ill. They also left the part out where Harry and Victor were chatting by the forest where they found Crouch. Also taken from the plot was the aftermath of the Triwizard tournament where Fudge, minerva, Albus, the Weasleys, Hermnoine, and Harry were present in the hospital wing talking about the dementor giving the kiss to Crouch's son and Fudge not believing Harry and Dumbledore claiming Voldemort's return. Also Harry giving his winnings to Fred and George which leads to some story of Order of the Phoenix and the Half Blood Prince. So Yes there was plenty missing.

I think maybe I can't quite remember, but was the seen cut out where Sirius, met the trio at the cave where Sirius was contemplating about what's going on at the ministry and Crouch's dissapearance along with Bertha Jorkins.

Ashley Schovitz
05-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Doesn't that tonks actress look odd I mean she looks more menacing than to be a good guy or girl I mean

Edit: Oops double Posted.

TyphoonThaReapa
05-28-2007, 11:32 PM
I never did liked Harry Potter. I'm gonna watch Rush Hour 3...:cool:

Del Murder
05-29-2007, 12:40 AM
It's hard to say how much important stuff the movie is missing if you have read the books already. A lot of little things that may seem important could easily be glossed over in the movie without affecting the main plot much. If a person who never read the book can follow the plot of the movie pretty well then I think that's a good enough job.

theundeadhero
05-29-2007, 12:50 AM
It was my favorite book and I'm looking for a good letdown, so I'll go see it.

Ouch!
05-29-2007, 12:54 AM
It's hard to say how much important stuff the movie is missing if you have read the books already. A lot of little things that may seem important could easily be glossed over in the movie without affecting the main plot much. If a person who never read the book can follow the plot of the movie pretty well then I think that's a good enough job.
Then again, there's also the things that seemed unimportant when reading that turn out to be important in the end. Such things would be skipped over in the movie because of this.

For example, it's entirely possible that the locket that Harry and company found at the House of Black is one of the horcruxes. When originally reading that bit in Order of the Phoenix, it seemed like an insignificant detail, although it's likely to turn out to be fairly important. I suppose little things like that all depend on how much the directors and screenplay writers are in contact with J. K. Rowling and if she tells them, "Put this in; it's important."

I'll go see it. I didn't really like the last movie. Although it's unfair to truly judge at this point, I don't think the trailers seem to indicate that Umbridge is going to be treated in the same manner as she was in the books. She seems more strict than cruel. And she doesn't look nearly enough like a toad.

Rocket Edge
05-29-2007, 01:14 AM
The film certainly looks promising, and more-so for the cast. Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix is a suberb choice, as well as Evanna Lynch as Luna.

Saying that, this was my favourite book in the series, and i'd hate to see a let down.

Chocobo_head*
05-29-2007, 01:30 AM
I agree that this is my favorite book in the series and I was really upset to know that a lot of the sub-plots in the book were cut (like Ron and his Quidditch thing which means no "Weasley is Our King" song :()

But the trailers seem promising so I am gonna see it

Red Phire
05-29-2007, 03:58 AM
At first I thought OOTP was going to be terrible like Gof, but after seeing the new trailer, it has easily become my most anticipated movie this year. July can't come soon enough!! :(

Ashley Schovitz
05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I heard that it's being directed by a new director true?

musicsoccer
05-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, from what i heard, they cut out the house-elf-peta organization and some other stuff. I hope they don't cut out the twins' acts against Umbridge that'll keep me crackin up. AND THEY BETTER NOT HAVE SCREWED UP THE ENDING. But overall this movie will probably be not that bad. Now that the books are longer they'll cut out more stuff. I mean if they didn't, it'd be like a 4-5 hour movie and i don't have that long of an attention span XD.

Araciel
05-31-2007, 03:39 PM
yes it's a new director. del murder said it best. don't worry the scriptwriters will always disappoint the fanboys, but for casual fans like me, they've done a superb job with the films so far and i know this one won't disappoint.

Shauna
06-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Well, in Glasgow it's showing at the IMAX theatre, with 10 minutes or something of 3D action! xD I'll probably see it there. B)

Ashley Schovitz
06-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Do you think Ron's involvement with the Quidditch team should be implemented in the movie/ I say it should, but it really doesn't need to be carried out as much in the book another thing that'll be okay to cut is Hermoine making clothes for the house elves trying to set them free. To the person who asked about Fred and George yeah they'll still bomb the hell out of her if you saw the newest trailer, you would've seen a glimpse of it.

Del Murder
06-02-2007, 09:26 PM
It was a fun part of the book, but it kind of detracts from the main storyline and I think it can be eliminated.

Garnie
06-02-2007, 10:28 PM
i love harry potter.
the books are fantastic and im currently reading ootp for the 5th time this year. i own all the books(not 7 obviously) and order of the phonix is my fav one so far. im hoping they leave a few of the bits in but i have a big suspion that they wont have kreacher in it which will suck big time.

as a griffindor( i did the sorting hat online) im gonna be dissapointed in the film either way. but if they have the twins great escape in the film...ill be happy!)

Del Murder
06-02-2007, 10:32 PM
It would be foolish not to have that scene because it wouldn't take long to set up and would look great on screen. Definitely one of the best parts of the book.

Yukki-Chan
06-02-2007, 10:55 PM
They'll have to for the comedic value of it. I just hope they show all of the school turning against her and not just the twins.

Is it me or is the main thing that seems to be cut out of the movies the Quidditch matches? I was really disappointed with the GOF movie when they cut out the whole world cup match. I was waiting for like 20 minutes of awesome special effect induced moves and... nothing. I just get an exclamation of how it was the best match ever ARGH.

Also really wanted to see Malfoy Crabbe and Goyle dressed as Dementors in the third movies getting hit by a patronus but alas none of that >_<