PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Final Fantasy?

qwertysaur
05-27-2007, 03:19 AM
Of all of the final fantasies which is your personal favorite?

Take into account everything in the game, such as music, plot, gameplay, and everything else in the game.

.:kerrod:.
05-27-2007, 04:08 AM
oooooo this is a hard one...mine is between FF Tactics and FFVII, but i think i'll go with VII because it follows the generic 'rpg/final fantasy' format and is a little in-comparable. So i'll go with VII, but know this, i LOVE FF Tactics

VII is good because:
Materia system, although a little unimanginative, it was simple and easy to swap around abilities without struggling to teach everybody

Great story, pure genius, and killing off a main character like that (especially one that everybody loves so much [i personally didn't like her a whole lot]) was a brave move and got the audience much more involved and feel like they were really part of what was happening, plus the whole thing was just enthralling

Awesome music, i downloaded bought the soundtrack and listened to it over and over while i was doing other things and they're just really great songs

FF Tactics is good because:
Job ring...this is the best feature ever to grace the gaming world, being able to choose specific jobs and learn different abilities that compliment each other, not to mention it personalises your game a whole lot more and makes it more enjoyable

Battle system, what can i say? it's just fun

There are many other great things about these games and i have only listed a few, but feel free to add to it :D

Meat Puppet
05-27-2007, 04:17 AM
Final Fantasy VII is pretty much the only Final Fantasy.

Vivisteiner
05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Final Fantasy IX is pretty much the only Final Fantasy.
Thats a given.

jammi567
05-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I voted for X, because it has a really easy to understand battle system, which is a brilliant way of getting used to fighting in this way. Plus, the leveling up system was perfect, as you could control exactly what your character wanted to be, unlike many of the other final fantasies, where your characters were given a role, and you had to stick to it.

Bolivar
05-27-2007, 10:52 PM
I can't pick one, so for this poll I voted for V.

I know someone mentioned selecting and combining abilities in Tactics, V set the whole foundation for that idea. Great job system, memorable characters, first appearance of Gilgamesh, first FF that really made you think about how to build your characters, first FF with alot of sidequests at the end, last FF with Crystals (not counting VII), last game directed by Sakaguchi, first FF with Kitase & Nomura, alot of reasons.

Laddy
05-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Krod91's Reasons

loinharte
05-28-2007, 12:13 AM
i think final fantasy VII is the best
great storyline best battle system and juction system

silentenigma
05-30-2007, 09:44 PM
vote VI.

Takara
05-31-2007, 02:05 AM
FFIII. It was the predecessor to the excellent job system in V.

Ramza Beoulve
05-31-2007, 06:52 AM
Tactics. 'nuff said

Aydin
05-31-2007, 08:43 AM
I would have to say FFXI. I liked how it was absolutely addicting and I also liked how everyone was very friendly in the game.

I only didn't like the fact that the only way to level is that you have to party and you can't solo very much without getting sick of it.

demondude
05-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Final fantasy 12 for me it was such a great step up from x

gothic_fantasy
05-31-2007, 12:06 PM
VII and IV. In my opinion IV was the first real epic FF with in-depth characters and story. VI had a great plot too but to be honest I found it just a little bit too long-winded.
Well, if I must...
Music: probably VIII. Who can't love Liberi Fatali?
Plot: VII. The whole plot twist with Cloud did it for me. And Tif'a my favorite character ever.
Gameplay (battles and stuff): ......(very embarrassed)....X-2. Yes I know! But I actually found it quite addictive. Ahem, back to REAL FF's, I'd say X or III.
Characters: My favorite cast would have to be VII. I liked every character. Even Cait Sith.

So overall, VII.

samboo1
06-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I like X the best.

But, I have just bought FFVII and have yet to play it. Maybe it will change my mind.;)

Gameplay (battles and stuff): ......(very embarrassed)....X-2. Yes I know! But I actually found it quite addictive.

Yeah I agree with you, I loved the battle system in X-2 .

Elpizo
06-02-2007, 03:35 PM
My favourites are III, V and IX. IX most of them but that game will certainly get some votes so I picked III this time.

III, both NES and DS version is an amazing game. The story is so great and deep considering it's time and the jobsystem was a very great thing. Not to mention it did a lot for the series, like introducing moogles, summons, jobs and so much more.
It has a great OST for a NES game ("Aria, The Maiden of Water", "Boss Battle", "Forbidden Land Eureka", "Dark Crystals", "This is the Last Battle", "Eternal Wind" come to mind) and the DS version only improved it. (Especially "This is the Last Battle", "Forbidden Land Eureka", "Dark Crystals", "The Crystal Tower" and "Aria, the Maiden of Water")
And Forbidden Land Eureka, The Crystal Tower and the Dark World (both versions) are some of my favourite Final Dungeons in the entire series.

Overal, a great game, unrightfully put in the shadow of FF II and IV.

Hazzard
06-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Lol, your description of the game makes me want to play it, but I doubt it can be as good as FFII, thats just too addictive and amazingly great.

Rocket Edge
06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
VIII, the greatest game ever made IMO.

Elpizo
06-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Lol, your description of the game makes me want to play it, but I doubt it can be as good as FFII, thats just too addictive and amazingly great.

It beats II in every single way possible. :D

Especially when comparing the NES version of both games. At least, in my humble little opinion. And you should play it! No FF fan should pass it, me thinks. NES version or DS version, doesn't matter, both are great.

Finola
06-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Definitely IX. It gave me the best feeling when i played it and the magic of the world in the game hasn't yet disappered for me.
Comparing this to VII or VIII the worlds are just so different and i don't like at all when there are guns and stuff.
In X the situation was different and the guns don't bother me so the secod best game is X.
Actually, i really need to play IX again!

Flying Mullet
06-04-2007, 03:14 PM
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/NPCs/Empire/Kefka%20-%20Down.gifhttp://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Party/Sabin/Sabin%20-%20Pummel.gif     http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Party/Umaro/Umaro%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif     http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Party/Celes/Maria%20-%20Sing.gifhttp://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Party/Edgar/Edgar%20-%20Flash.gif

Hazzard
06-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Definitely IX. It gave me the best feeling when i played it and the magic of the world in the game hasn't yet disappered for me.
Comparing this to VII or VIII the worlds are just so different and i don't like at all when there are guns and stuff.
In X the situation was different and the guns don't bother me so the secod best game is X.
Actually, i really need to play IX again!

My friend, why do you not like guns? I think at times they are a nice weapon, but only with the ideal and suitable world to match, like FF13's.

Northcrest
06-13-2007, 12:37 AM
FF VII to me that one was so unique from every other FF. But that was my opinion.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
06-13-2007, 03:10 AM
My favorite FF game is FFVII.:)

Lynx
06-13-2007, 03:38 AM
FFIX even though i have a constant battle between FFIX and FFVI i jsut watched FFIX ending on youtube and so it swayed me for the time being. but it constantly changes.