PDA

View Full Version : I told my mother Bonnie would be staying over for one night

Peegee
05-28-2007, 02:49 AM
preamble: this coming Friday my cousins will be flying into Canada and I figured I would take the opportunity to invite a bunch of my friends and show them (my cousins) some of Canada's clubs.

I invite a bunch of people, and one of them happens to be a EoFFer from Barrie. She went awol on our last get-together and we weren't talking to each other since, but recently started to just poke each other and say hi on facebook and etc.

Anyway I invited her with the pretense that it was a joke (I also invited Matt/Strider from California, for example). She accepts, and I go 'sweet I'll pick you up and stuff on Friday and figure things out'. The important thing is that because she lives in Barrie which is pretty far away I told her she should crash over for a night and I would get her home in the morning when I'm less drunk / tired / terrible at driving.

My mother will be entertaining other guests from various parts of the world that evening (she will be out of town along with my father). I told her a week ago about this and she didn't say anything. Tonight my mother, aunt and I went for dinner and my aunt asked me questions about said girl (how'd we meet (internet), for how long (I think 5 years or so), and etc). My mother then decided to ask me whether she spoke our language (I'm Chinese), and I go 'um...yes? I mean, what?', since we were speaking english at the time. I then realise that my mother indirectly asked me if my friend was Chinese. She then went on a rant about how if I invite friends over and things go missing it's a hassle to go through insurance (indirectly calling my friend, and anybody I invite over a thief).

I didn't even respond until the topic changed. But it bugged me.

What conclusions can you make out of this? Oh and my mother's Catholic so she thinks gay people are freaks. Have fun EoFFers, because while you can be judgemental she's my mother and I can't.

PS: For some reason I posted this to get an objective analysis.

edit: typos

black orb
05-28-2007, 03:14 AM
What conclusions can you make out of this?
>>> That you are mommy's little boy..

Mitch
05-28-2007, 03:29 AM
You have to kill your mother. It's the only way you can be happy, Pureghetto.

Anaisa
05-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Tell her if she ever makes an assumption like that again, you'll talk maths with her.

Ouch!
05-28-2007, 03:38 AM
It's Bonnie. She rocks. There's nothing you need to worry about.

Peegee
05-28-2007, 03:39 AM

Well yeah (Bonnie's a weirdo though), but I'm talking my momma.

yo momma's so fat she knitted you a sweater in the summer because she thought a quarterback jumped out of a plane and sat around the house

Ouch!
05-28-2007, 03:44 AM

Well yeah (Bonnie's a weirdo though), but I'm talking my momma.
No arguments there. What I meant, though, was that you shouldn't let your mom's opinions about people (your friends or otherwise) interfere with your own opinions. You can't change how your mom thinks, you can decide to ignore it and use your own judgment.

PyroManiak
05-28-2007, 04:40 AM
Mothers suck, I think the parent should die during birth..

I stopped reading once I realized your just talking about your stupid mother and a stupid visit...rrr:mad2: I think this is stupid

Ouch!
05-28-2007, 04:54 AM
Mothers suck, I think the parent should die during birth..

I stopped reading once I realized your just talking about your stupid mother and a stupid visit...rrr:mad2: I think this is stupid
Aw, you're just jealous that Bonnie isn't visiting you. That's kind of cute, actually.

fire_of_avalon
05-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Move out.

Peegee
05-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Move out.

can I live w/ you?

xD

escobert
05-28-2007, 06:15 PM
PG YOU CAN LIE WITH MEEE :p My moms the same way and thinks that since my friends parents went to school with her she knows all about my friends. And she judges a lot on how you dress and look all that nonsesne. my moms kinds really high class sort of person and I'm more like my dad who is absolutly not and always grew up rather poor.

Del Murder
05-28-2007, 08:05 PM
What kind of valuable stuff do you have lying around that would make your mom want to go through insurance if it was missing?

Peegee
05-28-2007, 11:35 PM
What kind of valuable stuff do you have lying around that would make your mom want to go through insurance if it was missing?

Wouldn't you like to know?

We do have a bunch of electronics that's pretty expensive, but good luck trying to sneak that out of the house.

Del Murder
05-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Exactly. Does she expect your friend to show up with a van or something? Tell you mom she's being unreasonable, or just have your friend get a hotel room.

Renmiri
05-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Maybe what is bothering your mom is the fact that a GIRL is spending the night, with you being a boy and she and your father being away ?

I mean, she trying to find out if the girl is Chinese like you is a big give away that she thinks this GIRL might be a potential in-law someday ;)

Tell your mom you two are just friends and that "nothing is going on" and she might get off your back.

fire_of_avalon
05-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Move out.

can I live w/ you?

xD
I won't even charge you rent. You just have to cook.

Peegee
05-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Move out.

can I live w/ you?

xD
I won't even charge you rent. You just have to cook.

Holy bap it's like my dream job!

<= can cook ^_^

Maybe what is bothering your mom is the fact that a GIRL is spending the night, with you being a boy and she and your father being away ?

I mean, she trying to find out if the girl is Chinese like you is a big give away that she thinks this GIRL might be a potential in-law someday ;)

Tell your mom you two are just friends and that "nothing is going on" and she might get off your back.

Plus she has a boyfriend.

Good point though.

Christmas
03-14-2023, 12:09 PM
Bonnie refuse to leave my room. She keeps laying eggs and spawning mini Bonnies. :(