PDA

View Full Version : Reps or Suicides?

BakerMan
05-28-2007, 04:43 AM
I was wondering what the difference is between doing reps, suicides, and the different variations of reps(I.E: less weight more reps/more weight less reps) when lifting dumbells, freeweight execizes, etc? And to keep this from being another help thread, post in the ways you exercize and what you find most effective.

PyroManiak
05-28-2007, 04:49 AM
rep/weight is for more dense compact muscles... weight/rep is for bigger more meaty muscles...

I usually focus on rep/weight whenever I excecize...However I can go all out sometimes and just stack the most weight I can...but not usually

Nominus Experse
05-28-2007, 06:25 AM
You'll kill yourself with a suicide

Gullick
05-30-2007, 12:20 PM
it depends what you actually need to use your muscles for. For example, i weight lift so i can punch/kick ang grapple better. Thererfore, i want my muscles to be strong and able to contract quickly.

To find the routin thats best for you, you may heed an understanding of how muscles work. In your muscles there are two types of fibres, slow twitch fibres and fast twitch fibres. If you start a set with a medium weight and try to do 15 reps, you will start off doing them rather quickly (fast twitch) but by aroung 11-12 you may br struggling a bit and start feeling like you have 'push through' (these are the slow twitch).

As for types of sets and reps and suicides (which i think is doing as many reps as you can until you physically cannot do any more). Try taking a look at this site: The Last Man Standing: Intelligent Strength Training Solutions for Martial Artists: A Conditioning: Tactical and Martial Arts article from Dragon Door Publications (http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/57/)

-Gull-

Bunny
05-30-2007, 12:25 PM
You'll kill yourself with a suicide

Pretty much..

o_O