PDA

View Full Version : Lego'ssss

Lynx
05-28-2007, 04:46 AM
so was anyone else a lego master such as myself :p ?

today i was bored so i dug out my old legos and started building. a long time ago i made the FFVII airship out of legos but never took any pictures :( but now years later im fixing that mistake and rebuilding it better then before.

so how about yourselves any lego fans? ever make any awesome things?

BakerMan
05-28-2007, 04:49 AM
I tried to make all sorts of stuff when I was little, like lighthouses, buildings, etc. But because I didn't have enough of one color none of them looked any good, not to mention I didn't have nearly enough for the scale of half the designs. Still loved legos when I was a kid though, I should try scavenging my basement for the box of em'.

Meat Puppet
05-28-2007, 08:08 AM
I have a friend who was once a Lego Master™. He would spend hours, arduously crafting massive & complex model aircraft, space cruisers, and what not. Unfortunately, I had a bad habit of hurling his constructions into walls.

Ouch!
05-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Short answer: yes.

James Leopold
05-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I was a KNEX boy myself

Rocket Edge
05-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Lego is incredable.

Sergeant Hartman
05-28-2007, 10:05 AM
I love lego, especially the star wars ones, I've got loads :hat:

ljkkjlcm9
05-28-2007, 10:22 AM
I had both K-Nex and legos, though I preferred Legos. I made airplanes out of both K-Nex and Legos. With 2 floors in each, entire floor and everything. The K-Nex didn't have seats though....

Never took those things apart, but the rest of it I did. I actually had an entire third of our basement with a village of legos set up, everything blending together. Cowboys, knights, Ninja's, Witches. Yep, but they all were nothing compared to my cat. She walked through there like a giant just stepping on them lol. After seeing Toy Story I always felt bed when I went down there to see my cat running around in the Legos.

THE JACKEL

Little Blue
05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I had lego, and built a few Star Trek ish models out of all the random bits I had. I prefered K'nex though. I built big Star Trek ships out of that stuff. I wish I took photos of that now...

Cz
05-28-2007, 10:44 AM
I never had that much Lego, but I used to like taking the little Lego men and making them fight and play football against each other. I would build towers or boats or things occasionally, but I never got in to building the big pre-made designs. I guess I thought following instructions was boring.

Tallulah
05-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I used to build houses, cars, and pet dogs for the Lego people. Unfortunately, the dogs always ended up much bigger than the people... :D

Breine
05-28-2007, 03:25 PM
I come from the land of LEGO, so naturally I've played with it a lot. I used to build tons of LEGO towns and such. I remember that one of my friends had build this really cool LEGO city that filled up an entire garage... Man, those were the days!

Araciel
05-28-2007, 03:34 PM
i used to play FF inspiredlego with a friend back in public school. we made some cool stuff and even cooler stories.

oh how i miss those days..

41-Inches-Wide
05-28-2007, 03:42 PM
I tried to make a simple lego house once. I failed miserably.

escobert
05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I wish but my mom would never let me get them sinc ei made such horrid messes with em. GI Joes and star wars guys for me :p

Vikeve
05-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm not that great at it but my friend made some pretty awesome stuff when he got the chance.

yanis
05-28-2007, 07:01 PM
I had something like Lego and you supposed to make train from it...but I was making cars, formula 1 and helicopters...:bgl:

Lynx
05-28-2007, 07:27 PM
I had both K-Nex and legos, though I preferred Legos. I made airplanes out of both K-Nex and Legos. With 2 floors in each, entire floor and everything. The K-Nex didn't have seats though....

Never took those things apart, but the rest of it I did. I actually had an entire third of our basement with a village of legos set up, everything blending together. Cowboys, knights, Ninja's, Witches. Yep, but they all were nothing compared to my cat. She walked through there like a giant just stepping on them lol. After seeing Toy Story I always felt bed when I went down there to see my cat running around in the Legos.

THE JACKAL

oh my god i had a very similar situation. i seet up all my legos blending them together even with space ships hanging from the ceiling. ( i shoudl ahve taken a piucture :( ) and one day my dog decided to walk through it. i rebuit everything and stored it in ym closet for eyars until eventually i needed room and the legos were destroyed. but now that im older and less mature its time to rebuild :D

i used to play FF inspiredlego with a friend back in public school. we made some cool stuff and even cooler stories.

oh how i miss those days..

i use to do the same thing too. from every FF i played i had a character. and i made a link character, reid from tales of destiny 2. and saumus in a space suit block gun on the hand ufo mask and little exstenders for the added height seeing as samus was tall.

when my new airship is complete i will get a picture and throw it in the art section of EoFF. seeing as it is fan art.

theundeadhero
05-29-2007, 12:37 AM
You can't be cool unless you've been to Legoland :cool:

Anaisa
05-29-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm amused that some people call it legos! I don't remember ever making anything spectacular. I didn't really have enough of it to make anything too good. Poor poor me. :(

Rocket Edge
05-29-2007, 01:03 AM
Whatever I made seemed to always turn into a helicopter of some sort.

You can't be cool unless you've been to Legoland
That was my dream when I was younger, to go there... still haven't. :(

Shiny
05-29-2007, 01:24 AM
I guess I thought following instructions was boring.
Same.

I built a lego amusement park once. It covered a good portion of my floor in my room. I usually stuck to building spaceships, cars, Turkish Castles (don't ask) and houses. Once, I even tried to make my own lego movie, but realized I needed the lego camera thingy. I, also owned a subscription to the official lego magazine and it was cool to see that they're so many people out there who rule out building and have no lives.

Lynx
05-29-2007, 01:49 AM
i use to have a subscription to lego magazine too.

and ive never been to lego land but i hope to go someday.

Absconditus_Oraculum
05-29-2007, 01:56 AM
I tried to make all sorts of stuff when I was little, like lighthouses, buildings, etc. But because I didn't have enough of one color none of them looked any good, not to mention I didn't have nearly enough for the scale of half the designs. Still loved legos when I was a kid though, I should try scavenging my basement for the box of em'.

Same here. Tried to make lots of things. Just never enough of a certant color of shape.

StarlightAngel
05-29-2007, 02:08 AM
I never could make anything grand with legos. As a child in elementary school, however, we would make little people (two small cubes for head and feet, one normal sized rectangle between the small cubes for arms) and make them "fight" each other, sometimes with a long thin piece to act as some sort of sword.

Fun times, fun times.

Peegee
05-29-2007, 12:48 PM
My brother (the artist) is a frigging lego lunatic™ -- he keeps making star cruisers and stuff and has the same battle cruiser (not the starcraft kind, I'm just babbling) for over a year now :D

Jess
05-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Man, I remember that Lego game on the PC years ago when I was a kid. I loved that game. xD

demondude
05-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Man, I remember that Lego game on the PC years ago when I was a kid. I loved that game. xD

Is that the one were you can choose you're character and make cars and helicopters and the like
because i loved that too

Jowy
05-31-2007, 05:54 PM
<a href=http://www.kids-scandinavian-shop.com/lego-vikings-army-of-vikings-with-heavy-artillery-wagon-p-397.html>I want this.</a>

Christmas
05-31-2007, 06:03 PM
I BUILT A MINI TOKYO WITH LEGOS BUT THEN GODZILLA CAME AND DESECRATED MY TOKYO. :(

Jess
05-31-2007, 06:06 PM

Is that the one were you can choose you're character and make cars and helicopters and the like
because i loved that too
No, you didn't get to make stuffs it was a story and you had to stop the baddies. :exdee:

demondude
05-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Oh yeah i remember that that game was pretty cool as well:)

Araciel
05-31-2007, 10:59 PM
<a href=http://www.kids-scandinavian-shop.com/lego-vikings-army-of-vikings-with-heavy-artillery-wagon-p-397.html>I want this.</a>

dude that's supercool

i always adapted every new set to the everchanging world of fantasy RPGs

/me gets all misty eyed and nostalgic-like

I Don't Need A Name
05-31-2007, 11:06 PM

because i loved that too
No, you didn't get to make stuffs it was a story and you had to stop the baddies. :exdee:

Lego Island right!? i still love that, but catching the brickster at the end was so damn hard! :D Lego Island 2 was a disapointment :( but Lego Loco, Rock Raiders and Alpha Team were cool

sockmonkey
06-06-2007, 05:50 AM
Oh I was such the lego master. I made planes, cars, bases, spaceships, you name it. I should pick up a set again.

There is a truly kickass site somewhere for people to show off their greatest lego creations but I can't find the damn thing anymore!

Lynx
06-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Oh I was such the lego master. I made planes, cars, bases, spaceships, you name it. I should pick up a set again.

There is a truly kickass site somewhere for people to show off their greatest lego creations but I can't find the damn thing anymore!

oh man if you can find it pm it to me or post it here or something because soon ill hvae my creation finished and would love to put it on a site to show it off :p