PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean: tteot

The Knights of the Round
05-28-2007, 06:20 PM
hi, right now im about to go to the baar mountains right after you get albel nox, i was just curious what levels you would recommend my characters be at. I am currently using fayt, nel, and cliff, so therefore also what skill should i use for attacks, and lastly later when i get the choice who should i keep from elicoor, nel or albel, or anyone else you can?

Auragaea
05-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Level 25 is good for that area.

For attacks, Ice Blade is good for Fayt, Ice Daggers for Nel, and Hammer of Might for Cliff. However, once you reach the Lava Caverns, use something else apart from Hammer of Might.

When deciding on which character you should take with you, just choose the one you like best. Some characters work best with others, whilst some don't. Generally, Peppita works well with anyone as long as you control her, as does Roger. Nel is a bit iffy and Albel seems to be the worst (from discussions I heard on GameFAQs). Personally, Albel's Aura Wall is a great stunlocker so I find that he works well with most characters too.

Zeromus_X
05-29-2007, 03:30 AM
Albel is pretty great if you control him manually (though I suppose that you could say that of every character). Just pick whatever optionals you like the most.

And yes, it is very important that you start to utilize ice-elemental skills along with skills that inflict MP damage. The enemies in the Urssa Lava Caves have insane defense for the part of the game you're at, and that's pretty much the only way to get past them (I just run away from them when I first get there myself).

Another important thing is to make sure you have Amulets of Freedom. The dragons in the Barr Mountains can inflict paralysis, and Amulets of Freedom help to prevent that (and it's a great accessory besides, later enemies will inflict paralysis as well).

Auragaea
05-29-2007, 01:05 PM
And when you’re fighting the boss for the lava caverns, be sure to use Maria. She’s pretty good with her Aiming Device.

Brandon Stroud
06-04-2007, 04:31 PM
I'd say everyone else here pretty much covered it. If you got Cliff in your combat party, be sure to stay away from Might Hammer while in the Lava Caves. Great attack, yes, but fire elemental. Don't wanna wind up healing your enemies, do you?

As for optional characters to take along from Elicoor, Nel' always a good pick, IMO. Roger can be decent. Albel's also another rockin' choice. Again, though, it's all a matter of preference.