PDA

View Full Version : Cid, I hate you.

CimminyCricket
05-29-2007, 05:17 PM
So, I finally put Final Fantasy 12 back into my PlayStation, got to playing, figured out where to go, got to the boss battle and got my ass waxed. Raped. Destroyed. Absolutely obliterated. Cid, on the 70th floor of the lab, is a bastard. I hate him. I got him down to 3/4 health after two rounds of quickenings. I took out 2 of his little things, but noooo, I can't beat him.

Help?

demondude
05-29-2007, 05:28 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9b/Dr._Cid.png/110px-Dr._Cid.png I HATE YOU TOO

seriously though he's an old man:rolleyes2

Bolivar
05-29-2007, 05:33 PM
I would definately suggest levelling up (mark-hunting always helps, plus you sometimes get good items earlier).

Another strong possibility is that your gambits might not be set up adequately. Check for those.

Don't rely on your quickenings. I usually save them to the end, when certain bosses have near-death stat-boosters you gotta worry about. Try to come up with a strategy that works, and if you can't, I would definately level up.

edit: Oh yeah, I thought Cid was an asshole in this game. Although technically he's a good guy. Kind of.

Setzer Gabianni
05-29-2007, 05:54 PM
How dare you insult Cid? ;w;

He's not an asshole, and even if he was, he's still an awesome guy D:

Anyway..I think I pretty much used quickenings on the rooks. You're making it seem as if Cid was far away from a save point though, when there was a point nearby XD.

demondude
05-29-2007, 06:01 PM
How dare you insult cid? ;w;

He's an asshole, and even if he was, he's still an horrible guy D:

Anyway..I think I pretty much used quickenings on the rooks. You're making it seem as if Cid was far away from a save point though, when there was a point nearby XD.

CimminyCricket
05-29-2007, 06:04 PM
I can't beat him period, I can always take down only 2 of those things and then OH NOEZ I be dead.
It's really frustrating.

demondude
05-29-2007, 06:08 PM
quickenings are youre friend

CimminyCricket
05-29-2007, 06:16 PM
I got him down to 3/4 health after two rounds of quickenings. I took out 2 of his little things

demondude
05-29-2007, 06:24 PM
I said quickenings are you're friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe you could get a better combo and black hole the possibilities are endless.

Or you can train on guards:cool:

Renmiri
05-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Cid is level 42ish on Draklor Labs.

Go down a level and battle some guards or go to an earlier save point and come back at level 40 at least. You will wipe the floor with him

CimminyCricket
05-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Many thanks, I'll try that.

gudkid
05-30-2007, 06:13 AM
leveling up would help though coz if you fail with quickenings, a strategy is good..and it is better if backed up with leveling up...
the first time i fought cid i was already lvl 65...
sorta over-powered him....
i do like cid 'coz he's got cool weapons..or was it spaceships with weapons???

Dynast-Kid
05-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Cid is the f---ing hottest 58-year old guy EVAR!

That's all I needed to say.

But as for the game, this battle was a pain in the arse. I got Black Hole (the most powerful Concurrence for those not in the loop), and it didn't kill any of the Rooks! I wuz so pissed!

And that's the only part of the battle I can remember. :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
05-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Yeah, I found him hard too, just train up a bit. And remember, he's horrible next time round too...friggin' Famfrit....:mad2:

CimminyCricket
05-30-2007, 04:56 PM
I beat him! xD With level 33s xD

Slothy
05-30-2007, 05:32 PM

Which is about the level I probably fought him at. I seriously wonder sometimes though if I was the only one who didn't have trouble with him. Even at levels well below his he should be easy. In fact, seeing as how I kept every character to a distinct job class, and only ever used three characters the whole game, he should be even easier for people who don't do what I did.

Xaven
05-30-2007, 11:47 PM
I did with level 22-32s. :O

I'm a gambit-whore. And a magick-whore. So. Destroy all your gambits. Replace them with Reflect based everything. Most people Cura the reflectified enemies while your super-mage throws aerogas at your party.

Oh, the joy. But I guess it's too late for that, huh. >:P

Renmiri
05-31-2007, 12:53 AM
I had no trouble with him but I was level 45ish iirc