PDA

View Full Version : Most Impressive Achievement? (Spoilers II to XII)

Goldenboko
05-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Which of the following are you most impressed by? (I tried my best to use achievements from all of the FFs)

FFII The Emperor Beats Death-Not easy becoming top dog in hell!

FFIV- Zemus's Hate- Zemus had so much hate that even death its self couldn't not contain it.

FFV- NeoExDeath- ExDeath taking the power of the Void for himself

FFVI- Manipulation- Kefka manipulates Gystal and appoints himself top dog of the world

FFVII- Resurrection- Sephiroth Returns from death in AC, not an easy thing to pull off.

FFVIII- I want it All- Ultimecia obtaining the power to Absorb Existence (Not her actually absorbing it, seeing as she never absorbs it all)

FFIX- More Manipulation- Kuja tricks you and Garland into fighting each other while he takes off with Ultimate Power, tricky, tricky.

FFX- Yu Yevon's Reign- No one else ever managed to live for 1000 years, never mind having a reign of terror while he was at it.

FFXII- Construction of the Sky Fortress- Vayne manages make the Ultimate War machine!

Personally I'm most impressed with FFIV Zemus's Hate and FFIX More Manipulation

jammi567
05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
I would have to go with X, as as well as Yu-Yevon having a reign and all, he managed to do it was in the shape of a bug!

Bolivar
05-30-2007, 01:26 AM
I voted for Yu Yevon. That was some crazy stuff. Kefka, Seph, and Kuja runners up.

I would've said x-death, but the void ended up controlling him.

also, did the emporer defeat the devil? i thought he sold his soul?

qwertysaur
05-30-2007, 01:32 AM
controlling an entire world in a cycle of death for 1000 years as well as having your own religion really impressed me.

PuPu
05-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Sephiroth killing Aeris.

Goldenboko
05-30-2007, 02:03 AM
I voted for Yu Yevon. That was some crazy stuff. Kefka, Seph, and Kuja runners up.

Oh XP
I never beat that game, I was told he beat the devil, last time I trust my sources xp

PuPu
05-30-2007, 02:15 AM

Oh XP
I never beat that game, I was told he beat the devil, last time I trust my sources xp

I said he became the King of Hell. Beating the devil was your own exaggeration. :rolleyes2

Goldenboko
05-30-2007, 02:27 AM

Oh XP

I said he became the King of Hell. Beating the devil was your own exaggeration. :rolleyes2

Sure :rolleyes2

NeoCracker
05-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Lets examine them all, shall we?

(Haven't beat, so going off hearsay) FF1 - Chaos defeated the original Warriors of light, ruled for 1000 years, and had a religious Cult.

(See FFI) FFII - Emperor ran his empire, conqured a few places, and cheated death only to rule Hell for a brief period.

(See FFII) FFIII - I really have no Idea.

FFIV - Zemus managed to get his seal broken. Really that was it.

FFV - Managed to get his seals destroyed and managed to fuse the worlds together.

FFVI - Kefka took over the empire and ruled over the very world he sent into ruins for one year.

FFVII - Seph killed off Shinra, and obtained the Black Materia.

FFVIII - Ultimecia managed to gain Ellone's power stuff for TC and destroyed Seed in her time period.

FFIX - Kuja sent three countries into War and Chaos to gather the 3 jewels, in addition to getting the fourth from another continent. He obtained Trance, and Overthrew Garland. He also destroyed Terra.

FFX - Came back as a whale every so often and destroyed a few towns.

FF X-2 - Shuuyin went all emo on everyone.

Not sure about XII.

Kuja definately accomplished more, though his reign wasn't nearly as long as Chaos. And Kefka had an entire year ruling over everything directly as a god. Really, as for Achievements it goes to one of those three as far as I can tell.

Ultimecia really didn't accomplish anything accept destroying Seed in her time, and while she gained the power of TC, didn't really accomplish anything with it.

Can't say much about the emperor, though he did seem to do a noteable amount.

Sephy barely accomplished anything noteable. I mean Shinra was replaced within the day. And the meteor plan failed horribly.

Zemus managed to wake himself up. Got a lot of people killed ot do it though, so he gets some props.

Ex-death did quite a bit, though gaining power of the void didn't really help.

And there we go.

Elpizo
05-30-2007, 11:37 AM
In FF III, Xande stopped time and flooded the entire surface world, so he could be immortal. After all, Noah had blessed him with mortality and Xande tried to prevents himself from dying. He managed to do it (for a while), so, quite an achievement.

Maybe not the most 'impressive', but impressive nonetheless.

No.78
05-30-2007, 12:21 PM
...You missed out FFXI

Bolivar
05-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Sephy barely accomplished anything noteable. I mean Shinra was replaced within the day. And the meteor plan failed horribly.

Actually, his plan did work. The planet's energy did gather at one point, except it was at Midgar, and not the Northern Crater.

NeoCracker
05-30-2007, 10:44 PM

Actually, his plan did work. The planet's energy did gather at one point, except it was at Midgar, and not the Northern Crater.

He also did it so he could absorb it. Without the energy gathering at the norther Crater his plan failed horribly. The Fact it gathered somewhere else proves his failure.

I Don't Need A Name
05-30-2007, 10:49 PM
i voted for kefka because, not because he controlled Ghestal, but took over the world

The Crystal
05-31-2007, 04:10 AM
Goldenboko, i know you tried your best to use achievements from all of the FFs, but i think you should change Sephiroth. What was really impressive was not him coming back from death one time, but his willpower. Because of it, he could return from death many times, take controll of an alien parasite destroyer of worlds, take controll of the Lifestream, create the SHM, hold Holly, etc.

In my opinion, you should put "FFVII - Willpower". This is just a suggestion thought.

And something i found about Promathia(main villain of FFXI):

"Many aeons ago, there was a sentient jewel. A living stone by which all life was created, banished the darkness, and spawned forth Gods of infinite power. Their prized creation was the world of Vana'diel, their celestial playground. Here the gods played, until eventually they fell into slumber. It was during this time that the children of the gods began to create their own civilization. They traveled through the sky, extracted gold from stones, and gave birth to grasslands across the world. These were the Ancients. But, one day, the Ancients seeking to join their god parents decided to gain entrance into paradise. Enraged by such a brazen display of insolence, the holy gatekeeper destroyed their path and cast their homes to the bottom of the sea. Shortly thereafter, the goddess Altana awakened and saw the ruin that had had once been Vana'diel. Seeing this she felt an emotion which gods seldom feel, sadness. She wept for the tiny world and her tears cleared away the damage done, but that was not all. 5 divine tears fell to the new soil. Each of these 5 tears was the birth of one of the races of Vana'diel. Hume, Elvaan, Taru, Mithra, and Galka. All different, all the same. Altana's sorrow left and she once again departed, leaving the world to grow in peace and harmony.

but the story does not end there.

There was another god, awakened and watching, from his place in the shadows. Promathia, God of Twilight, angered by what he had seen saw fit to condemn her work. Bringing out each of the 5 races darkest attributes - the elvaan's arrogance, the hume's apathy, the envy of the mithra, the cowardice of the taru, and the galka's rage. This would curse them to constant internal conflict. Finally, to seal the deal he created races of his own. These dark races, the beastmen, were charged with fighting the people of Vana'diel and occupying their minds. Never again would they think to open the door to the gods.

There is one final tale however....

While Altana soars on wings of freedom, Promathia is bound in chains.
It is even said that his confinement was a limitation he placed upon himself.
Can this be true? And if so...why?"

It's not much, but have some "achievement" you could put in "FFXI".