PDA

View Full Version : Batman & Robin

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-30-2007, 06:47 AM
We all know that Batman & Robin is a horrible film that is a disgrace to the Batman franchise but...do you think Batman & Robin would've been better if it had a slightly different cast and a different script? I do. If I was the director of Batman & Robin I would've gotten rid of those stupid rubber nipples.

Also I would've gotten rid of those camera shots of Batman and Robin's private parts but I would've kept the camera shot of Batgirl's ass. I would've hired Sam Hamm to write the script and I would've had Sam write Elle Macpherson (The love interest.) and Bane out of the movie because their roles are unimportant in my opinion.

Because the sexual tension between Batman and Poison Ivy over shadows Macpherson's character and comic book fans hate it when a comic book film has too many villians. By the way here's my cast for Batman & Robin:

Sharon Stone as Poison Ivy

Neve Campbell as Batgirl

Patrick Stewart as Mr. Freeze

& Alec Baldwin as Batman

(The rest of the cast is fine in my opinion.)

Dreddz
05-30-2007, 07:41 AM
I respect Joel Schumacher very much as a director but Batman and Robin was just garbage, I'd only credit Arnold's performance.

I'd for one make much less going on, way too much going on, Spider man 3 suffered the same. I'd scrap Batgirl all together, I just dislike the character as a whole, she doesnt fit well into the franchise in my opinion. Lastly, I'd make the film less campy. Even though Batman's roots were campy, those were so bad they were good, Batman and Robin was just bad.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah but wouldn't you fire George Clooney? Because he was just GOD AWFUL as Batman. (Actually Batman had dark roots because in the comics Batman was originally cold blooded.)

ljkkjlcm9
05-30-2007, 05:43 PM
No offense but this is kind of a dumb topic. "Do you think Batman and Robin would've been good with a different script and a different cast?" Uhm, that's basically a new movie, so it could've been good, or it could've been bad.

I just don't see what your point is, or maybe it's that your point is so ridiculously obvious.

THE JACKEL

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-30-2007, 06:51 PM
It would still be the same movie because it would have the same title.

Dreddz
05-30-2007, 11:27 PM
He's not asking us to completely re write the movie, he's just asking how we would like to improve on the film. Same plot and characters, just executed differently, well thats how it came across to me.

Breine
05-31-2007, 12:35 PM
The only thing I slightly liked in that movie was Uma Thurman. Everything else was just crap, basically.

Slothy
05-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Uma Thurman was pretty crappy in that movie too if you ask me. In fact, I'm not sure it could have been improved without totally changing just about everything. Some of those actors would have actually done a good job if they'd been given a good script to work with. To improve the movie, I would have started by not filming scenes solely to tie into the toy line up, and re-written he script to make it a lot more serious and in the vain of Batman Begins rather than Adam West Batman.

To the credit of those involved in the movie though, Schumacher included, at least they admit the movie was crap for a lot of reasons.

I've got admit though, the idea of Patrick Stewart as Freeze with a more serious script has me wishing that would actually happen. There are few actors I respect more than that man, and I think he could pull off the character if written well.

Araciel
05-31-2007, 03:44 PM
a lot of movies would be better with a different script and cast.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Now that I think about it Joel Schumacher should've taken the plot from Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero and turned that into a movie. Because Dr. Gregory Belson could've easily been replaced with Dr. Pamela Isley.