PDA

View Full Version : We hate tidus

demondude
05-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Lets talk about how stupid tidus is:)

Christmas
05-30-2007, 03:28 PM
It seems that we had one of this kind of thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/104696-okay-tidus-enough-enough.html)every once in a while here.

Anyway.... (http://forums.eyesonff.com/1287257-post32.html)

Firo Volondé
05-30-2007, 03:36 PM
*Insert generic fanboy rant of outrage here*

demondude
05-30-2007, 03:43 PM
This thread is better then those though anyway.

I hate the way he's all like lol my story biotch get out
i mean cummon i only bought the game to look at lulus boobs

Firo Volondé
05-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey kids! Spot the sexual innuendo in the previous post! It's not boobs, just so you know. :eep:

Firenjar
05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
cummon?

Firenjar
05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
i mean like is cummon the sexual inuendo your referring to?

demondude
05-30-2007, 04:26 PM
I don't like the tidus is like lol i get to marry someone important because i feel sorry for myself

Shin Gouken
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
He whinges like a little girl
He looks like a little girl
he sounds like a little girl
He acts like a little girl
He cries like a little girl
He runs like a little girl

He has a penis right? I mean to say he's of the male gender?

Jessweeee♪
05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
These threads make me cry :cry:

Holy Lancer
05-31-2007, 12:38 AM
Cummon now Tidus wants to be a squeaky little lady, that's why he hangs around Rikku so much right?

demondude
05-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Tidus make me cry :cry:

scrumpleberry
05-31-2007, 10:45 AM
I LOVE BELTO MAXON!!!

Anyway, I'll just copy paste what I said in another thread aaaaages ago...

Auron isn't old, we are just used to teenagers saving the world.

I dislike Tidus purely because he is unneccesarily rude and disrespectful. And the voice actor annoys me. I don't mind him getting upset over Jecht, that's perfectly understandable. Jecht is even worse than Tidus is! I just don't like the way Tidus talks to people, the way he runs on the spot at the most innapropriate moments...argh, he just annoys me. I don't hate him...I just don't like him. Love the game though.

So basically, a rude spoilt little brat who doesn't mature, he just voicovers himself in a slightly deeper voice.

Take that Tidus.:kaofight:

No cookie for you.

demondude
05-31-2007, 10:54 AM
There should be a tidus smiley with a sword stuck in him

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-31-2007, 12:40 PM
i'm sick and tired of these threads, u can't think of something intelligent to say urself so u jump on the band wagon and dis tidus. personally i dont think the role tidus played wouldn't have been done well by any other kind of character.

start the revolution! support tidus!!!

demondude
05-31-2007, 12:43 PM
I never jumped on the bandwagon i've always hated him:)

scrumpleberry
05-31-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm not about to stop hating Tidus for the sake of getting off the bandwagon. I don't care if Tidus-hating is a bandwagon, I like it.

demondude
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm not about to stop hating Tidus for the sake of getting off the bandwagon. I don't care if Tidus-hating is a bandwagon, I like it.

Yey let's make a tidus haters club if you wanna join pm me:cool:

crazybayman
05-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Good grief, do you people ever stop.

omg i ttly hate tidus he cuz he whines all the time and looks like meg ryan lol

If were you going about your everyday life (be it that of a pro sports star and in the middle of the game, a regular joe going to his/her office job, a student, or whatever you happened to be) and suddenly had this big super-whale/walrus monster come and destroy everyone, and everything you knew, teleported you to what you thought was 1000 years into the future, and wind up in a cold, abandoned ruin, only to get attacked by some retarded monster that was running around the walls, and then get kidnapped and taken prisoners by a bunch of punks who spoke a different language, you'd be pretty pissed off too.

And good for him if he managed to score a hottie and save the world while he was at it. At least he had the confidence to do so.

Firo Volondé
05-31-2007, 02:49 PM

If were you going about your everyday life (be it that of a pro sports star and in the middle of the game, a regular joe going to his/her office job, a student, or whatever you happened to be) and suddenly had this big super-whale/walrus monster come and destroy everyone, and everything you knew, teleported you to what you thought was 1000 years into the future, and wind up in a cold, abandoned ruin, only to get attacked by some retarded monster that was running around the walls, and then get kidnapped and taken prisoners by a bunch of punks who spoke a different language, you'd be pretty pissed off too.

And good for him if he managed to score a hottie and save the world while he was at it. At least he had the confidence to do so.

QFT :up:

At least he wasn't depressing to play (unlike Cloud and Squall). I've noticed most people who hate Tidus like those two, which suggests they have a certain mentality.

scrumpleberry
05-31-2007, 03:44 PM

Courtesy doesn't cost anything whatever the situation. And he wouldn't have been POd the entire pilgramige - he was supposed to be in lurrrve. Also I don't like Squall much, Cloud is alright.

I simply don't like Tidus. :)

(Not gonna join the club - thanks for the offer tho.)

Little Blue
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
I LOVE BELTO MAXON!!!

Anyway, I'll just copy paste what I said in another thread aaaaages ago...

Auron isn't old, we are just used to teenagers saving the world.

I dislike Tidus purely because he is unneccesarily rude and disrespectful. And the voice actor annoys me. I don't mind him getting upset over Jecht, that's perfectly understandable. Jecht is even worse than Tidus is! I just don't like the way Tidus talks to people, the way he runs on the spot at the most innapropriate moments...argh, he just annoys me. I don't hate him...I just don't like him. Love the game though.

So basically, a rude spoilt little brat who doesn't mature, he just voicovers himself in a slightly deeper voice.

Take that Tidus.:kaofight:

No cookie for you.

I think thats one of the better posts I've ever seen as to why people may not like him :) I don't like him much, but then I don't hate him much either. He annoys me, but he's a vital part of the game and changing the way Tidus was portrayed would change the game, possibly for the worse. To those who hate him, go get a grip, crying over spilt milk and all that jazz, we've heard it all before, repeatedly, etc. The least you could do is try to argue your position with some degree of finesse like scrumpleberry did.

demondude
05-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Okay i'll give it a go

I suppose one of the reasons i didn't like tidus much was that the other characters out shone him you had a summoner a brilliant blitzball player a kickass guy with a big sword that knows a lot about the past a kind of gothic type person who is cold to everyone else and a huge character who is different species to the others making him unique but one of the problems with tidus is that he's to plain you have all these amazing people and a boy who acts like a rookie for half the game.

Something else too is that people are used to having characters in final fantasy that know whats going on and act powerfull at the beginning but tidus comes from a different period of time and apart from auron he dose'nt know any other characters which makes the other characters explain everything and take care of tidus but people who are used to playing rpgs like the main characters to be in controll all the time.

Another difference is that characters like squall and cloud are emos who are hard to interact with and the connections with them to the player are scarce but tidus can make connections with the player he's new and you're new but once again people who have played other rpgs aren't used to such a connection with the main character.

That's the most neutral review i can come up with anyway:)

Shin Gouken
05-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Can't say i ever really made a 'connection' with any FF character tbh DD. But i agree with every character in FFX out shining Tidus. Because not only is he a whiney girl but everyone else being so cool just makes him seem worse

I'll be honest, i never really took to any of the main characters in any FF. I always found favorites elsewhere. But they were more interesting with dealing with there problems (emo maybe, i don't know but cooler) Tidus whinges like you would expect a six year old to. Example:

Auron: "It is. Sin is Jecht."

Tidus: "No! That's ridiculous! No way! I don't believe you! wha wha wha wheres my dummy its not fair"

crazybayman
05-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Tidus: "No! That's ridiculous! No way! I don't believe you!
I'm pretty sure most would react in a similar fashion, when finding out that your father is the one who was responsible for everything that had transpired.

Shin Gouken
05-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Tidus: "No! That's ridiculous! No way! I don't believe you!
I'm pretty sure most would react in a similar fashion, when finding out that your father is the one who was responsible for everything that had transpired.

My reaction:

wtf... oh right

notice the lack of throwin a paddy

Jessweeee♪
05-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Tidus is my man :love:

:spin:

demondude
05-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Tidus is my man :love:

:spin:

I don't know what's worse the fact that you twisted my words :mad2:

or the fact that you just called me gay:(

G13
05-31-2007, 09:32 PM
i'm sick and tired of these threads, u can't think of something intelligent to say urself so u jump on the band wagon and dis tidus. personally i dont think the role tidus played wouldn't have been done well by any other kind of character.

start the revolution! support tidus!!!

QFT :up:

At least he wasn't depressing to play (unlike Cloud and Squall). I've noticed most people who hate Tidus like those two, which suggests they have a certain mentality.

These guys make sense. So, first of all, I'm for the Tidus revolution. Viva, ma brotha...... viva! Second, there's nothing any of you can do, there's no point in bi***ing about it because Square doesn't care about what you think. Whine all you like, it's not gonna change the fact that Tidus is a character in the game. So take a page outta me and ma boys' books and just accept it. Third, I like Cloud and Squall and Tidus and i'm not depressing or retarded but, I do agree that they are depressing. Oh, and Belto Maxson will be heard.

scrumpleberry
05-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, we're hardly going to march into the squenix office and go

"HAY GUYS WE WANT A NEW FF10 WITH NO MAIN CHARA LOL TAKE TIDUS OUT LOL PUT SQUALL AND KLAUD IN LOL OR MAKE AURON THE MAIN!!!!111!11!"

but there's nothing wrong with expressing your opinion on a Final Fantasy forum if you are bored. :)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-01-2007, 11:19 AM
amen guardian XIII, amen my brother!

Laddy
06-01-2007, 11:21 AM
He's okay, a bit whiny and immature, but has an okay personality otherwise. Wasn't one of my favorite characters of FFX, though.

Renmiri
06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
How many star athletes you know are nice and helpful to fans ?

How many leave a game in the middle so that their friend can shine ? (Tidus did this for Wakka)

How many care about a bunch of religious freaks who aren't even from his land anyway ?

How many get into danger to try to save a person never seen before, which he is thinking is an old crusty religious freak ? (Tidus had no idea the Summoner was an attractive young woman)

How many accept that their girlfriend wants to give her life for something else than himself ?

How many give up their own life for a land that is not even his ?

Tidus is a damn fine human being in my book. And cute to boot :love:

Shin Gouken
06-01-2007, 07:10 PM
How many people throw tantrums at 17?

How many people laugh like a goose during mating season?

How many people are self obcessed and big headed?

How many people just don't care... (quote "Like i care") ok maybe not a valid reason but it annoyed me

Jessweeee♪
06-01-2007, 08:34 PM
I guess it's for the same reasons we love Tidus that others despise him n.n

There's no changing anyone's mind, I guess :P

Vivisteiner
06-01-2007, 11:21 PM
How many people get chucked into a world thousands of years into the future at 17?

How many people laugh like a goose during mating season, in order to pick up a chick as well as give her some fun in her life?

How many people try to save a world?

Thats a given. I just dont know.

Enjolras
06-02-2007, 01:32 AM
I think a lot of people always want to have a perfect, tough, masculine superhero as the main character in their games. I think Tidus is a great character, he's far easier to identify with as a person than some strong-but-silent action hero type character.

Firo Volondé
06-02-2007, 01:34 AM

How many people go through what Tidus went through? A big fat 0.

How many people laugh like a goose during mating season?

Not many, but when Tidus ever laugh, apart from the scene where Yuna encouraged him to laugh? For the record, that didn't sound like a goose, nor is it a reason to hate him. If you hate a nice person just because you don't like how they laugh, I feel sorry for you.

How many people are self obcessed and big headed?

To the extent Tidus was, considering if they lived in a paradise all their lives? I'd say billions.

How many people just don't care... (quote "Like i care") ok maybe not a valid reason but it annoyed me

If it's not a valid reason, why bring it up?

Renmiri
06-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Self obsessed and big headed ?

Tidus left a game where he was the best player on the team, just to give Wakka a chance to shine. He could have told Datto, Jassu or other to leave. He knew he would die if Yu Yevon died yet he helped the others do it regardless. Without whining. Without even telling his friends, not to worry them.

Tell me just how this is being "self obsessed and big headed" ?

And the "Like I care" was in the context of him caring for bureaucratic stupid rules while someone's life was in danger. He didn't even know the person in danger was a pretty girl. He thought it was just an old geezer.

Tidus goofy laughs and falling on his butt and the whining are what you saw. Tidus bravery, self sacrifice and selfless help of his friends are what you glossed over.

LunarWeaver
06-02-2007, 02:29 AM
What tomfoolery is being allowed to go on here. You're all just lucky I don't frequent this place much anymore. Yeah, I said that. That's right.

Tidus for President.

Nifleheim7
06-02-2007, 02:52 AM
I think a lot of people always want to have a perfect, tough, masculine superhero as the main character in their games.

This is true,and unfortunately i think it's a western culture stereotype...Most western gamers fall to this category,just compare the main characters of western rpg's (targeted mostly to US and European players) and the Japanese ones (targeted to both east and west players).

Oh,and i like Tidus.:)

Jessweeee♪
06-02-2007, 05:54 AM
Tidus for President.

:kaoclove:

Dr. Acula
06-02-2007, 06:21 AM

How many leave a game in the middle so that their friend can shine ? (Tidus did this for Wakka)

How many care about a bunch of religious freaks who aren't even from his land anyway ?

How many get into danger to try to save a person never seen before, which he is thinking is an old crusty religious freak ? (Tidus had no idea the Summoner was an attractive young woman)

How many accept that their girlfriend wants to give her life for something else than himself ?

Tidus is a damn fine human being in my book. And cute to boot :love:

Quoted for truth.
I would quote the other thing you said too, Renmiri, but I don't know how.:rolleyes2

Shin Gouken
06-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Nobody is going to convince me to like him, not even by singing his praises about how much of a great human being he is. I find him to be an annoying little c**t end of

KasaiDraco
06-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Tidus is the gayest man in the entire universe.

jammi567
06-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Me! In fact, i've just thrown one just now

How many people laugh like a goose during mating season?[quote]
Not me, but think, if can actually think, about the context that he was doing that in

[quote]How many people are self obcessed and big headed?
Me, but it doesn't stop me from doing some things, like helping other people out

Renmiri
06-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Nobody is going to convince me to like him, not even by singing his praises about how much of a great human being he is. I find him to be an annoying little c**t end of

Fair enough. At least you admit it is your problem, not Tidus.

I have the same problem with Balthier on XII. I just can't like him, he is too darn annoying to me!!! :p

scrumpleberry
06-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Okay, admittedly, Tidus was brave to do what he did.

But the irritating attitude he kept all the way thorugh thr game ruined him for me.

The tiniest things, like quipping "Live and let live!" in a dorky voice really really REALLY annoyed me. They tried to give him the appeal of a kiddy, cheerful boy, and it just made me want to scream at him. He also had absolutely no respect for people, and he wasn't badass enough to get away with it.

(As a note, Yuna's little mini spell raps were annoying, but they were just funny :P)

Jessweeee♪
06-03-2007, 08:22 PM

We've all got our characters we don't like :P

Except me, I love everyone.

f f freak
06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Apart from yourself.

I didn't like Tidus. Not for any reason I just didn't like him.

Shin Gouken
06-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Apart from yourself.

I didn't like Tidus. Not for any reason I just didn't like him.

cool people don't need a reason to not like people :cool:

crazybayman
06-04-2007, 05:58 PM

Tidus is a damn fine human being in my book.
Win.

CimminyCricket
06-04-2007, 06:17 PM
What tomfoolery is being allowed to go on here. You're all just lucky I don't frequent this place much anymore. Yeah, I said that. That's right.

Tidus Cim for President.

demondude
06-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Tidus Cim demondude55 for President.

Vivisteiner
06-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Tidus Cim demondude55 Vivisteiner for President.

Cookie
06-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Tidus isn't exactly my favourite character, but I by no means hate him. Not like that Irvine guy. He sickens me.

LunarWeaver
06-04-2007, 08:16 PM
This page now has the word "tomfoolery" more than any other on the forum, and that makes it the ultra-best-thread.

CimminyCricket
06-04-2007, 08:30 PM
So long as I stay President. I've noticed that other people have crossed out my name. Prepare for a violent retaliation.

Shin Gouken
06-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Ive started using tidus as an insult word. Whenever somebody whinges or cries i tell them to stop being such a tidus :D

LunarWeaver
06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Racism is frowned upon, Shin. Dream Zanarkandians deserve respect just like everybody else.

CimminyCricket
06-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Yus!

Shin Gouken
06-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Racism is frowned upon, Shin. Dream Zanarkandians deserve respect just like everybody else.

there's no such thing as dream zanarkandians... not anymore anyway :D

yojimbosoul
06-05-2007, 06:16 AM
God this thread was so long I diden't read the earlier posts...... Anyways, I actually gone to liking Tidus, which is strange (if you have read the other I HATE TIDUS THREADS). I feel that he could have been made better overall, --> less: I try to think of everyone else at the risk of my own crappy life, but I suck at it <--.....but nevertheless a character. I mean who doesen't have flaws? Wasen't Auron like that when he tried to save Braska and Ject? HE dashed up and tried to save them and failed. Many summoners and guardians threw themselves at Sin (god bless the Al bed at the brave but futile battle) and failed to save anything. And the other guardians falled to find another way to save their summoners, OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM (what about the Yunascal love bond thingy to make the final Aeon stronger?)
Tidus did enough to save Yuna, which showed he loved her enough to do it......the so thought impossible (NO!!! Robing summoners will not save them, only slow them down)

Hope this solves things..........or starts things..........

thx: Neutral Army

scrumpleberry
06-05-2007, 05:13 PM

It is good that you feel this way, and it shows what a wonderful person you are

BUT DREAM ZANARKARDIANS DON'T ACTUALLY EXIST.

Tomfool.

crazybayman
06-05-2007, 05:50 PM

Tomfool.

WHAT?!?

LunarWeaver
06-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Serious post is serious.

CimminyCricket
06-05-2007, 06:06 PM
When speaking of Tidus, is there any other kind of post?

Renmiri
06-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Not it is either serious saying Tidus rules or tomfoolery saying otherwise :p

CimminyCricket
06-05-2007, 10:21 PM
I see.

Sorry, Everyone, I was wrong. You can not be serious when speaking of Tidus.

yojimbosoul
06-06-2007, 01:40 AM
get off Tidus' major personality and mental problems and do somthing constuctive and ........ who am I kidding? It'd take less brains to argue about why they chose to make Tidus winpy and annoying...

YOU GET IT ???? IF YOU DON'T, THEN READ IT AGAIN......IF NOT.....THEN YOU GOT MY POINT RIGHT ON.......

NOW MAKE SOME CONSTRUCTIVE TREADS ABOUT LIFE...

crazybayman
06-06-2007, 04:59 PM
But.....why?

scrumpleberry
06-06-2007, 06:41 PM
get off Tidus' major personality and mental problems and do somthing constuctive and ........ who am I kidding? It'd take less brains to argue about why they chose to make Tidus winpy and annoying...

YOU GET IT ???? IF YOU DON'T, THEN READ IT AGAIN......IF NOT.....THEN YOU GOT MY POINT RIGHT ON.......

OKAY

*TREADS TREADS TREADS*

I TREADED ON TIDUS' FACE, CAN I GO NOW?

yojimbosoul
06-11-2007, 06:25 AM
....thanks.....Now Im SURE you got the point ......... take it both ways sarcastic and not........but mostly sarcastic

Eiko Guy
06-11-2007, 06:56 AM
*Enters damage control*
Tidus is not the whiner you people seem to think he is. I really doubtmany people would go through what he has gone through and not have any complaints. I have never heard Tidus sound feminine in the least. Of course he is childish he is only 17, he is still in his rebel stage so of course "he wants everything". He is a really dynamic character that has gone through a lot in a short period of time, causing him to mature more then he would have beeded to if he had stayed in dream zanarkand.

Shin Gouken
06-11-2007, 05:26 PM
*Enters damage control*
Tidus is not the whiner you people seem to think he is. I really doubtmany people would go through what he has gone through and not have any complaints. I have never heard Tidus sound feminine in the least. Of course he is childish he is only 17, he is still in his rebel stage so of course "he wants everything". He is a really dynamic character that has gone through a lot in a short period of time, causing him to mature more then he would have beeded to if he had stayed in dream zanarkand.

i read the first line of your post.... then i imated a mouth yapping with my hand and said "yap yap yap yap yap" :D lol jokin... exept i really did that

Raebus
06-11-2007, 07:52 PM
i read the first line of your post.... then i imated a mouth yapping with my hand and said "yap yap yap yap yap" :D lol jokin... exept i really did that

I read the first word of your post and imitated a mouth yapping with my hand and said "Yap Yap Yap Yap". :thumb:

Shin Gouken
06-11-2007, 08:43 PM

I read the first word of your post and imitated a mouth yapping with my hand and said "Yap Yap Yap Yap". :thumb:

well i guess that told me :D

G13
06-11-2007, 09:19 PM

Tomfool.

No s**t, we are talking about a videogame here, are we not?

yojimbosoul
06-12-2007, 04:30 AM
read the name of the thread and think what you are going to write........then stop and think how childish you are....... AND DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE PLEASE........

Ender
06-15-2007, 02:52 AM
Yeah, anyway, I'm playing FFX for the first time and rather than start yet another Tidus thread I'll just slip my thoughts in here...

I started out the game a bit indifferent, but then really got into the characters and the story, as well as the gameplay, which while being quite different-feeling than what I have come to expect from the FF series, has been an otherwise excellent RPG experience.

I was digging Tidus for a time--he brought to mind Bartz from FFV, with his father being a "Light Warrior" with Galuf (who = Auron)--and as an uber-popular jock-celebrity, being thrust into an adventure where he would "get put in his place" by the trials and tribulations of an epic journey, even as he matured from the jerkoff jock-celeb into a man of responsibility was a really appealing storyline...HOWEVER,

I have never seen a character regress over the course of a "fantasy-adventure" as much as Tidus, nor have I ever turned on a character as much as him. I'm expecting Lebron James or Wayne Rooney maturing into The Highlander or something. Instead he doesn't mature one bit...rather, I think it can be argued that he acts more like the crybaby child his father repeatedly put down as the game wears on. When he finds out that Yuna's victory over Sin will kill her, the screaming was so pathetic that the first word that came to my mind was "castrated."

I think what they were shooting for was to make him become more bold and "cavalier" as he became more attached and comfortable with his companions. But contrasted with the more mature party members who have, for the most part, adult or young adult personalities, a Zidane-like "Let's go get 'em" becomes Tidus's "OMG I WON'T LET YUNA DIE, I WON'T!!!! (while stomping and kicking and flailing his arms--seriously)"

And I defy anyone who says that that is the only personality that would make the Tidus character work in the story. I think my earlier expectations of a confident, cocky young jock, being disabused of his superiority, and then maturing into a "knight" works just as well--and makes a far better story, particularly if you have to control said character.

After the first 30 or so hours of the game, I was thinking that while the FF-ness was questionable in some ways (sorta "Super Mario Brothers 2" fashion), this was as good a *game* as any in the series. Now I hate it--Tidus single-handedly ruined the game for me.

Considering I've decided I've put in too many hours to just give up, I hope the ending is at least worthwhile. :/

yojimbosoul
06-15-2007, 05:31 AM
PLEASE stop awnsering these threads.......you are all wasting your time.... ( we should ban all these "Tidus is this, Tidus is that" kind of threads.... ) Its stupid and no ones buissness.....There is no need to publicise why you hate a character in a game...... its Absured that there is even any more of these threads........DO SOMETHING Constructive, AND BAN THESE KINDS OF THREADS

CimminyCricket
06-15-2007, 06:02 AM
Do something constructive and learn better grammar, Sir.
Until then, please refrain from speaking your mind about how stupid something is, this is all in good fun, don't be so serious.

Shin Gouken
06-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Yeah, anyway, I'm playing FFX for the first time and rather than start yet another Tidus thread I'll just slip my thoughts in here...

I started out the game a bit indifferent, but then really got into the characters and the story, as well as the gameplay, which while being quite different-feeling than what I have come to expect from the FF series, has been an otherwise excellent RPG experience.

I was digging Tidus for a time--he brought to mind Bartz from FFV, with his father being a "Light Warrior" with Galuf (who = Auron)--and as an uber-popular jock-celebrity, being thrust into an adventure where he would "get put in his place" by the trials and tribulations of an epic journey, even as he matured from the jerkoff jock-celeb into a man of responsibility was a really appealing storyline...HOWEVER,

I have never seen a character regress over the course of a "fantasy-adventure" as much as Tidus, nor have I ever turned on a character as much as him. I'm expecting Lebron James or Wayne Rooney maturing into The Highlander or something. Instead he doesn't mature one bit...rather, I think it can be argued that he acts more like the crybaby child his father repeatedly put down as the game wears on. When he finds out that Yuna's victory over Sin will kill her, the screaming was so pathetic that the first word that came to my mind was "castrated."

I think what they were shooting for was to make him become more bold and "cavalier" as he became more attached and comfortable with his companions. But contrasted with the more mature party members who have, for the most part, adult or young adult personalities, a Zidane-like "Let's go get 'em" becomes Tidus's "OMG I WON'T LET YUNA DIE, I WON'T!!!! (while stomping and kicking and flailing his arms--seriously)"

And I defy anyone who says that that is the only personality that would make the Tidus character work in the story. I think my earlier expectations of a confident, cocky young jock, being disabused of his superiority, and then maturing into a "knight" works just as well--and makes a far better story, particularly if you have to control said character.

After the first 30 or so hours of the game, I was thinking that while the FF-ness was questionable in some ways (sorta "Super Mario Brothers 2" fashion), this was as good a *game* as any in the series. Now I hate it--Tidus single-handedly ruined the game for me.

Considering I've decided I've put in too many hours to just give up, I hope the ending is at least worthwhile. :/

This brought a tear to my eye. It saddens me how Tidus can ruin what should otherwise be a wonderful experience. I myself blocked most of Tidus's scenes from my memory immedietly as the happened... i would not let me ruin it for me. I feel for you my friend

And yojimbosoul... I guess we should only make threads about the characters we love. But i personally prefer to discuss the characters i hate, because usually my hatred for characters is far stronger then my love of characters

Firo Volondé
06-15-2007, 11:29 AM

So... you hate Tidus because he wears his heart on his sleeve? And here I was, thinking Shin Gouken's reasoning was pathetic.

Renmiri
06-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Bah! Ender and Shin obviously never have been in love. Love makes the mightiest Samurai cry like a baby :love: :love: :love:

f f freak
06-16-2007, 12:04 AM
I only like Tidus for one thing. In that match against the Luca Goers he scored using a normal shot in the first 30 seconds. It was awesome. Then I scored with A jecht shot as well. In the end it was 2-1 to me. Apart from that Tidus is stinky.

Shin Gouken
06-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Bah! Ender and Shin obviously never have been in love. Love makes the mightiest Samurai cry like a baby :love: :love: :love:

i have been in love and cried like a baby thank you... but im still :cool:

Firo Volondé, my reasons are perfectly valid

Fatal Impurity
06-16-2007, 02:56 AM
I only like Tidus for one thing. In that match against the Luca Goers he scored using a normal shot in the first 30 seconds. It was awesome. Then I scored with A jecht shot as well. In the end it was 2-1 to me. Apart from that Tidus is stinky.

7-0 for me! I'm the king of :skull::skull::skull::skull:zball! Blitzball!

On topic...i hate Tidus he completely screwed the whole game for me and i agree with everything Ender has to say on the matter...afterall the guy is a selfish moron who must this the game/story is ALL about him case and point:

"This is my story"

What the fuck!? What about people risking thier necks just trying to keep you alive AND get you home you retard!

I mean seriously i've never seen or heard of a character so pathetic in a game in my entire life! I mean the story is meant to be a sociaety repressed by an almost invincible being known only to be able to be harmed by the power of a "Final Aeon"!! Not some high school american football jock who thinks he can whine his way to a leading role and main plot point! I mean Tidus being a dream of the fayth has goto be be one of the lamest Deus Ex Machina i've EVER encountered! It's like the very character and plot twist were a quickly bolted and rushed on extension in order to make it more friendly for the American market! Is there any REAL reason in order to have his character be like that? Like Ender said the story would of worked just as well if not better with a character with at least some semblance of character, personality and intelligence! I would of enjoyed it tenfold and i'm sure many others would of too, if it wasnt for that Meg Ryan lookalike (and funnily nough act alike) and his pathetic antics...

Reeno the Alchemist
06-16-2007, 03:10 AM
i guess im a rebel then cause i like tidus ;-; i hope all you tidus haters die in some random circles T^T :(

G13
06-16-2007, 06:22 AM
PLEASE stop awnsering these threads.......you are all wasting your time.... ( we should ban all these "Tidus is this, Tidus is that" kind of threads.... ) Its stupid and no ones buissness.....There is no need to publicise why you hate a character in a game...... its Absured that there is even any more of these threads........DO SOMETHING Constructive, AND BAN THESE KINDS OF THREADS

Dude, I agree with you in the sense that it is pointless to bi*** about the character, but it's everyones right as a human being to have their own opinion about something. I don't like all of this whining everyone is doing about one of the games that is a part of our unique little "world" we have here (or one of it's characters), but trying to convince people stop these posts indefinitely is just dumb. If God can't mess with free will, why the hell are you trying to? You may think that this post conflicts with my earlier posts on this subject, but I am telling you now, those post were not meant to stop or change anybody.

f f freak
06-16-2007, 12:04 PM
7-0 for me! I'm the king of Blitzball!
Wow you lost that bad huh. Well I can understand that. The team you have is pants. Shame you can't recruit early on huh.

Fatal Impurity
06-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Wow you lost that bad huh. Well I can understand that. The team you have is pants. Shame you can't recruit early on huh.

Erm actually it was 7-0 to MY team lol the thing is i was soooooo whoring hs sphere shot and Jecht shots....plus it was like my third playthrough of the game.

f f freak
06-16-2007, 12:27 PM

Erm actually it was 7-0 to MY team lol the thing is i was soooooo whoring hs sphere shot and Jecht shots....plus it was like my third playthrough of the game.

Well you can normally only have one skill set to Tidus at that point in the game. Also it takes ages to get his HP up again for you to do another Jecht Shot. Plus the fact that you team is crap makes a huge difference. The only person apart from Tidus I found useful was Botta I think because he was able to tackle all of the other players apart from Graav and obtain the ball. So until I see proof I probably won't believe you. I'm sure it's possible. I just won't believe things like that until I see it.

Oh and by the way I still hate Tidus's character and him in battle.

Fatal Impurity
06-16-2007, 03:05 PM

Well you can normally only have one skill set to Tidus at that point in the game. Also it takes ages to get his HP up again for you to do another Jecht Shot. Plus the fact that you team is crap makes a huge difference. The only person apart from Tidus I found useful was Botta I think because he was able to tackle all of the other players apart from Graav and obtain the ball. So until I see proof I probably won't believe you. I'm sure it's possible. I just won't believe things like that until I see it.

Every time i play the game i choose either Sphere shot or Jecht shot because they basically are equally effective in my mind...

Plus i eventhough i was whoring his special's alot i wasnt always using them and i did get a few through normal shots.

Plus another thing is that i go REALLY close to the goal before attempting a shot...plus when i start a round i instantly pass to Tidus and get him really really close to the goal. Anyway i can understand why you dont believe me afterall i probably shouldnt expect you weary internet types to believe anything without proof...

Tidus was pretty decent in battles in teh main game as he is fast and you could easily get two hits in with Tidus before the enemy got one...plus when you learn Haste that could boost to three or four...

f f freak
06-16-2007, 03:15 PM

Every time i play the game i choose either Sphere shot or Jecht shot because they basically are equally effective in my mind...

Plus i eventhough i was whoring his special's alot i wasnt always using them and i did get a few through normal shots.

Plus another thing is that i go REALLY close to the goal before attempting a shot...plus when i start a round i instantly pass to Tidus and get him really really close to the goal. Anyway i can understand why you dont believe me afterall i probably shouldnt expect you weary internet types to believe anything without proof...

Tidus was pretty decent in battles in teh main game as he is fast and you could easily get two hits in with Tidus before the enemy got one...plus when you learn Haste that could boost to three or four...

Jecht Shot is better as it takes away two people who are blocking you. Getting really close to their goal is difficult because Tidus has crap endurance really. You couldn't Whore Tidus's specials. One Jecht Shot takes him down to like 50 hp. It takes ages to get it back up to use another one. You can only set one skill and it can only be set after half time so chances are you will only get one Jecht Shot. You would have had to get 6 through normal shots really. That's damn near impossible at this part of the game. And I don't see why I shouldn't believe that without proof. The fact the Luca Goers lost 7-0 the first time you play them is pretty damn unbelievable. And your use of the word plus annoys me.

Tidus wasn't that fast in my game. He got hit a lot. Yuna and Lulu evaded more attacks. Haste was useful to buff Yuna but soon Rikku and Kimahri had it. He was weak. I had other people who could do his job for him.

licence
06-16-2007, 04:50 PM
I beat the Luca Goers 2-1 after a come back with 2 shots from Wakka, least I think it was Wakka, could've been one from him and one from another player. Tidus didn't get a look in.

Ender
06-16-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can only manage at most two Jecht Shots per half until you get Tidus to like level 10. You simply don't have the HP for it.

The one circumstance where I've found the Sphere Shot better is a clean shot against a superior goaltender (like a low-level Noy Guado with his 'superior goaltending' thingy equipped), since it typically adds more power to the actual "shot" part than the Jecht Shot.

The only guys on the Aurochs I find worthwhile (besides Tidus) are Letty and Jassu, since they level up the fastest--my entire offense revolves around getting Tidus the ball through either of those two and then swimming around the left/bottom edge of the pool until he's close enough to take a shot.

I replaced both of them though, since they both suck 'for their level.'

I have Brother playing Center and Mifurey from the Thunder Plains Inn "training" at Left Back, since if my levels get high enough Mifurey makes for a great center.

Mirage
06-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I hate him, but he isn't stupid. This thread however, is one of the most stupid threads I've seen.

Fatal Impurity
06-17-2007, 10:53 AM

Jecht Shot is better as it takes away two people who are blocking you. Getting really close to their goal is difficult because Tidus has crap endurance really. You couldn't Whore Tidus's specials. One Jecht Shot takes him down to like 50 hp. It takes ages to get it back up to use another one. You can only set one skill and it can only be set after half time so chances are you will only get one Jecht Shot. You would have had to get 6 through normal shots really. That's damn near impossible at this part of the game. And I don't see why I shouldn't believe that without proof. The fact the Luca Goers lost 7-0 the first time you play them is pretty damn unbelievable. And your use of the word plus annoys me.

Tidus wasn't that fast in my game. He got hit a lot. Yuna and Lulu evaded more attacks. Haste was useful to buff Yuna but soon Rikku and Kimahri had it. He was weak. I had other people who could do his job for him.

Just in case you didnt listen to what i said before i'll say it again, I don't expect you to believe me without proof so let's leave it like that huh?

I mean i DO remember being able to get right near the Goers goal through passing to Tidus and dodging almost everyone (there would usually be 1 or 2 people i'd have to tackle when i got there) and i've had plenty of goals with Tidu's normal shot in the Goer's game in the few times i've played it. Another thing to note is that for some reason i can use sphere shot multiple times in a round. As for the Jecht shot i only got that on my last run through because i didnt understand how to do the wierd ship minigame.

Anyway i like Tidus in battle but his character was a bag of crap FULL STOP.

yojimbosoul
06-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Are all you people all :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: up in you heads? Geez people, Failed at life and picking on a cartoon character? Do you people have no social skills at ALL?????? Go outside and make real friends and leave your imaginary friends back where they belong, beside a shotgun and a suicide note............YOU ARE ALL SAD PEOPLE...

Edit: Suicide is no joking matter, and telling someone to do something like that, joking or not, is absolutely unacceptable. ~ Zeromus

Zeromus_X
06-21-2007, 08:54 AM
I think this thread is done for now.

eestlinc
06-21-2007, 09:18 AM
This thread however, is one of the most stupid threads I've seen.