PDA

View Full Version : Chungking Express

Dreddz
05-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I recently saw this movie and just wow, this is easily one of the best movies to come out of Asia, definately my favourite. Ive never appreciated Hong Kong productions but this movie has instantly switched my view of them around. This movie is great on so many levels, and a movie you have to watch over and over to really appreciate it. It has that sort of Pulp Fiction feel to it, with all the seperate storys inter connected. No wonder its one of QT's favourite films.

I dont expect many people to post cause not alot of people have watched or even know about this film, but take it from me, you have to watch this movie. Theres no way this movie could be improved upon, its perfect. And even if you diagree with me, at least you'll have California Dreaming stuck in your head after watching it, trust me.

charliepanayi
05-31-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't have time right now to elaborate on why I love this film so much (aside from how wonderful Faye Wong is in it) but I will agree in that is an excellent film, one of my favourites. And it gave the world one of the best chat-up lines ever *points to sig* :)

EDIT: OK, to say a bit more on the film, obviously it has four great performances from the leads; as already said Faye Wong is especially good. It's very funny in places, like Takeshi Kaneshiro's policeman calling any woman he's ever known and whom he hasn't seen for years, or Faye's reaction when Tony Leung appears at the door whilst she cleans his flat ("You told me to come visit!" - priceless). And it looks amazing with Christopher Doyle's cinematography.

And to add seeing Blurtspurt's comment, I also like In the Mood for Love by Wong-Kar Wai, he's a fine director.

Burtsplurt
05-31-2007, 07:53 PM
I saw it a few years ago, so my memory is a bit sketchy, but I liked it a lot. Wong Kar-Wai is an excellent director - Chungking Express and 2046 are two of my favourite Asian films. In The Mood For Love isn't bad either.