PDA

View Full Version : Forza Motorsport 2

Dreddz
05-31-2007, 01:15 AM
Its been a while since I really got into a racing game, my last was probably PGR3 but not even that game I really played much, so I guess its probably GT4. With GT5 so far off into the distance I plan to be buying this game when it comes out in two weeks in my area. From what Ive seen so far, this game looks sharp and to have incredble depth and alot of replay value. Im pretty stoked about the game, and seeing as I kicked butt online at PGR3 Im pretty confident Ill do the same here ( hopefully ). The auction house looks interesting but I doubt Ill get into that.

Ive been around this board long enough to know theres not alot of racing fans here, I really dont know why. On the outside these games look bland and dull but I really think this is the most fleshed out genre, once you start to get into it your hooked for hours.

Im hoping this game will fit the bill for my needs but damn, WHERE THE HELL IS MY GT5!!!

JKTrix
05-31-2007, 04:19 AM
Check this out, Japanese gamers with their car skins. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSwiAbidWOc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Freader%2Fview%2F)

I don't like realistic driving games, GT was way picky and even PGR3 was too much for me. I had Forza 1, but ended up giving it away. I'm more of a Burnout kinda guy.

That said, I might pick up Forza just for the customization stuff. That's one thing I really enjoyed about the first Forza, and that video I linked to made me pretty excited.

Ramza Beoulve
05-31-2007, 05:19 AM
Nah, I still love my GT4 game, I have started it again just for fun, and at this moment, I think I'll enjoy my GT4 and my NFS Carbon (yeah, weird combo, so?) until GT5 comes... GT5 will be the racing game to rule'em all!!!!

Larahl
05-31-2007, 10:53 AM
The last racing game I was really into was, Need for Speed: Underground 2.
It was fun and all, but I really suck at racing games so I just stopped playing anything from this genre because of ultimate frustration. :tongue:

edczxcvbnm
05-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Forza is suppose to be much better than GT on the actual gameplay. They are doing 360 physics calculations per second in this game as well as as having tons of layers on the car, car damage(take that GT) which would affect speed and all this other stuff, and run at 60 FPS. I might pick this up in the future but I am not a big racing fan. Burn out is the type of game that is more up my ally.

Dreddz
05-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Personally GT4 is still my favourite racer, they tweaked the gameplay to the best possible degree, so they only need to lock down the physics of the cars themselves. Take note that both Forza's have been on consoles with better performance than any that GT have been on. I dont think its fair to compare the two until GT5 is released, whenever the hell that is. Hopefully it'll be announced next E3 or sooner.