PDA

View Full Version : crazy playing time

cloud21zidane16
05-31-2007, 02:56 AM
okay, its ten to three in the morning while im typing this:cool: im bored and suddenly feel like playing a final fantasy, and i just might right now:D
Whats the longest time and what time was it youve played a final fantasy for without a break, apart from a quick break like food, drink, toilet;)
which one and what were you playing?eg, story,training, chocobos, other sidequests(which ones too)

Bolivar
05-31-2007, 03:02 AM
Oh man I just had a bad experience with this...

i came back to school from my mom's house real early on the train, slept through my first class. I decided to beat III since I had gotten to the dark crystals and died.

Anyway, the jobs I was planning on beating the game with weren't able to do the job, Xande was no problem, but the four bosses at the dark crystals were a bitch. Instead of changing jobs I thought if I got items/strategy down I would be ok. So I did that a few times, running through the Syrcus Tower time and time again. Finall I changed one of my jobs to Devout, got to CoD and got my ass handed to me. Did it again before I said "screw this"

Anyway, I played through what was supposed to be Lunch, my second class, dinner, and when I got to this pizzaria, which i was really looking forward to, it was closed.

I've been replaying the games in order, but with III, I gave up, I had just beaten it a few weeks ago anyway, I'm not missing much with the ending. I moved onto IV that night.

Jessweeee♪
05-31-2007, 03:20 AM
Oh, man...spring break eighth grade I played FFVIII non-stop from 10AM to 2AM every day. It was my first time really really playing FF and I LOVED it so much I couldn't put down the controller. I was stuck on Edea on the end of Disc 2, and just for fun I thought I'd start a new game. I went to save it, and I idiotically overwrote my own file u.u

Eventually I continue with the cursed file until near the end of disc three. I get stuck again, so I let my brother play for a little while. Instead of taking out my memory card and replacing it with his like he usually does, he just sticks his in slot 2. I didn't know this, so when he takes a phone call and asks me to save it for him, I OVERWROTE MY FILE AGAIN. Then I had a little breakdown and quit for a little while.

All in one Spring Break :eep:

i_like_ff8
05-31-2007, 06:37 PM
i once played final fantasy ix from 8am to 8pm hoping to get the excalibur 2 but just as i reached the start of disc 4 the 12 hours had passed. I was real annoyed because my characters were low levels and i had rubbish weapons and eqippment. And the earliest save i had was entering terra, so there was no way i could go through all that again:mad:

Yuffie514
06-01-2007, 08:58 AM
i think it could be Final Fantasy X for me with 265+ hours. other possibilities may be Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy VIII. but my time for Final Fantasy X is literally 265:56 (i don't remember the actual amount).

Takara
06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Non-stop? Started playing FFIX at 10 am sometimes during winter 2004, and played until 3 am. My roommate wanted to kill me because all I did was playing Chocobo Hot and Cold.

After getting all the Chocographs, I called it a night and went to bet. The next morning, my roommate locked the Playstation in her room. >_>

Ramza Beoulve
06-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Around three weeks ago I played Final Fantasy X again because I lost my last memory card (with years and years of gameplay), and played it around 39 hours non stop, to the point of even asking someone to reach me some food, and running to the bathroom and just staying there a maximum of ten minutes every 8 hours. I could have continued that trend if I hadn't fallen asleep mid-way against yunalesca (that fight really bores me out).

Goldenboko
06-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Me and PuPu have done some crazy stuff, like that time we needed the Chocographs and we kept gettting ore :mad:

Or the first time we did the Don Tonberry and Cactuar King Trick (LEVELS!)

Slothy
06-01-2007, 02:55 PM
9 hours and 47 minutes straight on FFVII. This was before I owned it, or even owned a PSX and a memory card. I wanted to try and get as far as I could that day. Of course now I can do what it took me almost ten hours to do in about five and a half.

cloud21zidane16
06-01-2007, 02:59 PM
9 hours and 47 minutes straight on FFVII. This was before I owned it, or even owned a PSX and a memory card. I wanted to try and get as far as I could that day. Of course now I can do what it took me almost ten hours to do in about five and a half.

playing a final fantasy without a memory card has got too be the worst thing ever:eek:

Renmiri
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Played X for 16 hours straight when I first got it. Never done anything like it since

Ender
06-02-2007, 03:38 PM
On consecutive weekends playing FFVIII I woke up at around 10 on Saturday and played until 2-3am on Monday morning when I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore...with some break time for showering, eating, and making grocery store runs. So ~40 hours, with about 36 of it playing time.

I'm sure I took about 5 years off my life doing that. :/

cloud21zidane16
06-02-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm sure I took about 5 years off my life doing that. :/

yeah but it was worth it.......right?:p