PDA

View Full Version : XII inspired by II

Hazzard
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I think XII's story is very similar to the second installment in the Final Fantasy series, because of I recently finished XII, and started playing the II straight after. I've noticed that the stories are closely similar, and XII takes a great reference from II. They talk about the Dreadnought, Imperials, Emperors, a rebel Princess and so on. Very closely entwined with XII's story.

What do you think?

demondude
06-01-2007, 12:33 PM
I've never played final fantasy 2 but i have noticed lots of links to final fantasy 6 like sidequests and monsters i mean the name espers came from ff6
so did hunts like deathgaze:)

Luara
06-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I think XII's story is very similar to the second installment in the Final Fantasy series, because of I recently finished XII, and started playing the II straight after. I've noticed that the stories are closely similar, and XII takes a great reference from II. They talk about the Dreadnought, Imperials, Emperors, a rebel Princess and so on. Very closely entwined with XII's story.

What do you think?

I think thats correct

Renmiri
06-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Apparently it has a lot from II, IV, VI and FFT

Hazzard
06-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah, it contains a lot of backstory from the original FF's, and it's quite plain to see. I don't mind the fact that they used bits and pieces off of them, and it's quite respectful to the originals, you could say.

Shattered Dreamer
06-01-2007, 05:33 PM
It feature references to all the FF games would take too long to name all I noticed

Bolivar
06-01-2007, 07:38 PM
It feature references to all the FF games would take too long to name all I noticed

true, but it seems most closely to II than any other.

Major spoilers here

But I really noticed how the whole Pharos episode, then reddas sacrificing himself, then immediately finding out that the empire has conjured up a giant flying fortress surrounded by a tornado to crush the rebels once and for all....

yeah, that's a play by play recreation of FFII's end-game storyline.... i'd imagine they would have kept going on with it (storming archades' castle, then finding out vayne has resurrected from the land of the occuria, more powerful than ever, to take over the world), but I'm guessing they couldn't fit all of that.

Even the aspect of having that 4th guest character is very II, and I enjoyed finding all those references because II's one of my favorites from the original 5.

Hazzard
06-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I never thought of the guest character part, that's also a trait used from II. It makes you wonder what sort of traits in story will be used for XIII, from previous FF's, or will it be completely original...?

Zeromus_X
06-01-2007, 08:23 PM
It's very much similar to II, although many of the Final Fantasy games follow somewhat of the same plot formula (that is, a group tries to overcome an oppressive organization).

scrumpleberry
06-01-2007, 08:24 PM
This is probably incomplete, but the Final Fantasy Compendium has a fabbylicious list of loads of crossovers.

In-Series Crossovers (http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/incross.shtml#ff12)

Its a good site.

KasaiDraco
06-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I've never played final fantasy 2 but i have noticed lots of links to final fantasy 6 like sidequests and monsters i mean the name espers came from ff6

You can easily find the NES ROM or the GBA Rom. Try the game. It's pretty good.

Hazzard
06-02-2007, 11:21 PM

You can easily find the NES ROM or the GBA Rom. Try the game. It's pretty good.

Definitely, you cannot miss the chance of playing. Download a Gamboy emulator and then just download the game from limewire, quick and simple.