PDA

View Full Version : bragging with a point

leader of mortals
06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I am currently level 36, before I even have Penelo:D :D :D, but I have 2 questions...

1) What is the drop rate of the burning bow from the Dive Talon because I am thinking of getting Penelo on my team and chaining them.

2) What level should I stop power leveling at the beginning(dont tell me I am too overleveled because I dont want to hear it)

Vivisteiner
06-01-2007, 09:31 PM
lolz, you know you can beat the final boss at level 40?
And at level 50 the Final Boss goes down easily.

I dont know about the Burning Bow though. Not that you need it. XD.

Lawr
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM
The final boss is weak trash.

leader of mortals
06-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Well it is easiest to level at the beginning of the game because everyone elses levels are based on Vaan's(I already beat the game and I want to own the game this time around:p) and the guide says the burning bow is the Dive Talons rarest drop. I just wanted to know if anyone got it from him and what my battle chain should be.

Edit: And the final Boss is a weak Son of a Bitch

Hazzard
06-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Stop being mean to 'The Undying' (Such a misleading name when he dies in a matter of minutes.)

By the way, you're too Overlevelled...xD

Renmiri
06-02-2007, 02:18 AM
You don't want to get Vossler at level 99 ;)

Move on when you get bored of just having Vaan and Penelo

gudkid
06-02-2007, 11:06 AM
i got the burning bow 5 times from the dive talons...
i chained them more than 60+.... but i already have all the monographs at that time...

leader of mortals
06-03-2007, 03:05 AM
I got Penelo now, and I realized just how strong the Dive Talons are. They can hit me for 300 each hit and they keep on chaining their attacks on me. This is gonna be harder than I thought

I have to have the silver bow for both of them right now, because its the only long range weapon at this point in the game(besides the gun, which is worse than the bow), so I shall get Penelo out and continue my Werewolf training(If I fight around 900 more werewolves, I am level 99!)

gudkid
06-03-2007, 03:11 AM
werewolves in the mosphoran highwaste?

leader of mortals
06-03-2007, 03:29 AM
nope the werewolves near the crystal in the giza plains

gudkid
06-04-2007, 05:56 AM
they're easy... taken one at a time...

leader of mortals
06-04-2007, 07:07 PM
yes they are:choc2: :choc2: :choc2: :choc2:

Hambone
06-05-2007, 08:03 AM
I got Penelo now, and I realized just how strong the Dive Talons are. They can hit me for 300 each hit and they keep on chaining their attacks on me. This is gonna be harder than I thought

I have to have the silver bow for both of them right now, because its the only long range weapon at this point in the game(besides the gun, which is worse than the bow), so I shall get Penelo out and continue my Werewolf training(If I fight around 900 more werewolves, I am level 99!)

You're so lucky you enjoy fighting on this game. Leveling up on FFXII is such a snooze fest! Speaking of leveling up, does anyone know of a good way to level up fast? I'm fixing to try to beat Mateus again (I barely lost twice now) and I'm on lvls 30-31. Also, does anyone have any good strategies for beating him?

gudkid
06-05-2007, 08:47 AM
for levelling, equip embroidered tippets and chaining is the best way to go. i used to train in the bottom of the golmore jungle map. in the rustling chapel if memory serves me correctly.
you first have to kill all enemies then skelies will start spawning which can be killed with one shot of raise (that is if you don't miss). you have to be wary of one attack of the skellies that'll incur the disabled status effect. i forgot the name again. just circle around that area and if none spawns, move 2 screens away and go back there. boring process but the skellies drop sturdy bones which sell more or less for 400 and if your lucky, a rare game - the dead lord it think, will appear and you can kill it with one shot of raise.
hmmm.
i started off with 2 heavy hitters and 1 magicker/buffer(with charge technick) and hit mateus with a high quickening chain right off the bat when his ice azers are close to him. it's a helpful way to get rid of the ice azers. then i went for ground and pound using my heavy hitters and always let your magicker stay away as to not get hit by sleepga or you can equip everyone with the ninshinsomething belts... forgot the spelling. the ones that make you immune to sleep. you can buy them in the sand-strewn pass.
just continue with the ground and pound while your buffer/magicker just watches from the side lines to spam cure or any restorative magic and help when it is needed.
and use charge when the buffer is out of mp.

Little Blue
06-05-2007, 11:36 AM
If you're fighting Mateus now, I doubt you have Embroidered Tippets, I know I don't and I'm just after that trying to beat Cuculaninn with my lvl 40 ish party. Easiest way to level I would suggest is going back to the Henne mines to the second switch where you get ambushed by about 16 flans, set everyone to fira (or one person to fira and the others to steal if you wish) with some basic healing, and set off the trap.

After dealing with them, flee two areas away, and run back, still fleeing, and set off the trap again. The fleeing maintains the chain by not engaging the steelings and other foes, which, while doing nothing for the exp gain, raises the quality of the loot, when you get 99 yellow liquids, just teleport somewhere you can sell them. Massive amounts of exp and gil. Should easily get you to lvl 35, if not more depending how patient you are.

As for mateus, I think I just hacked her to death with a level 35ish party. I might've quickened her too, but I think I probably just hacked, so I can't offer much of a strategy.

Renmiri
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Another good way to level up that early is to stay on Ozmone plains where you did a hunt (enkelados ?) and catch the rare game there. They give you tons of EXP and LP and the werewolves and Sleipnir give good loot.

The Jelly trap at the Henne Mines as Little Blue said is another good place.

leader of mortals
06-05-2007, 10:27 PM
crap... its 9000 more werewolves :cry: I messed up my math :cry:

and if you want training, fight werewolves, dive talons, or the wild saurian over and over again (it will take a while) or go to golemore

Hambone
06-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Oh, thanks guys I beat Mateus. I'm at the Tchita Uplands right now. I probably won't fight the mandragoras until I'm at lvl. 40. Right now I'm at lvl. 36. I also have everybody in my main party's 3rd quickening too!

abrojtm
06-06-2007, 06:26 PM
The mandragoras are a complete pushover.

Hambone
06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah they were sooo much fun! They kept running away which gave me chances to heal, not that I really needed it, and I chased them afterward!

Renmiri
06-06-2007, 07:33 PM
First time the mandragoras are easy. Later on the Ice Fields they are murder!!!

leader of mortals
06-06-2007, 09:57 PM
yay level 38!!!!! dumb projects wont let me go farther:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :crying: :crying: :crying: :whimper: :whimper: :crying2: :crying2: :weep: :weep: :nonono: :nonono:

I am going this slow :nibbles: :nibbles: :nibbles: :nibbles: :nibbles: :nibbles: :nibbles: :nibbles: :nibbles: :nibbles: :nibbles:

nibbles rules and so does moustached sora

Brennan
06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
I also have everybody in my main party's 3rd quickening too!
I had that when I was fighting the Doomwall!

Hambone
06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
I also have everybody in my main party's 3rd quickening too!
I had that when I was fighting the Doomwall!

You mean...Demon Wall?

Right now I'm having trouble with Ahriman. I'm at lvl. 39. I did black hole and I guess it was directed at one of it's clones because it knocked of only about 2 inches from his health bar. I also need to get a couple more people licensed with remedy lore 3. Is there any sure way to know which one is a clone and which one is the real thing?

Hazzard
06-06-2007, 11:10 PM
LOL, Someone should censor Hambone's signature!!!xD

Hambone
06-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Man I hope you're not the only one who caught that. xD

I beat Ahriman finally, I also defeated Cid on the first try and I beat King Bomb! Now, to run like hell through Necrohol of Nabudis and get the Zodiac Spear...

leader of mortals
06-08-2007, 07:31 PM
school is out so it's time to get some major leveling up

Hambone
06-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Yup. I got to level 50 before entering Giruvegan, got some bubble belts, more spells, and it was a breeze.

leader of mortals
06-10-2007, 03:25 AM
leve 42 with all my swiftness, all battle lore, and two channeling

boys from the dwarf
06-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey. its your choice is you want to hyperlevel but its much more time efficient to level up when enemies are at higher levels so your getting 400 EXP per enemy instead of 30.

I'd advise spending your time more wisely and efficiently.

leader of mortals
06-10-2007, 05:09 PM
werewolves give me 1200 xp. This is equal to 7200 xp later in the game because everyones level is based off of Vaan's. See my point now.

Hambone
06-11-2007, 12:29 AM
I soooo did not know that. Thanks, btw. :)

leader of mortals
06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
if you are thanking me, your welcome. If you are thanking someone else, im gonna cry now:p

Goldenboko
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
This is pretty pointless. Bragging isn't about beating things at a high level its about beating things at a low one.

demondude
06-11-2007, 07:58 PM
What's the point of power leveling any way i don't think it makes the game more fun or anything.:confused:

Hambone
06-12-2007, 04:42 AM
if you are thanking me, your welcome. If you are thanking someone else, im gonna cry now:p

You! :jess:

leader of mortals
06-12-2007, 03:56 PM

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

And im just the kind of guy that likes to powerlevel in video games. Like level 30+ before leaving the garden in FF8. Just what I like to do.

Hambone
06-12-2007, 09:03 PM

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

And im just the kind of guy that likes to powerlevel in video games. Like level 30+ before leaving the garden in FF8. Just what I like to do.
Actually leveling in FF8 isn't that important. It's how well you can junction.