PDA

View Full Version : Ride The Lightning!

PyroManiak
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
What's the closest you've ever been to lightning?

oddler
06-01-2007, 10:47 PM
20 to 30 feet? A tree outside my house got zapped when I was about 10.

Eh, more like 60 feet. Pythagorean Theorum and all that.

Brennan
06-01-2007, 10:51 PM
10-15 feet
I could feel the electricity
Man, that hurt!

PyroManiak
06-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I was like 5 ft away today...As I was skateboarding in a parking lot some car got zapped...I thought it was gonna explode but I got lucky

My hypothesis is the godlyness of the skateboard move I pulled became its own entity and summoned the lightning forth... It was actually pretty sun w/ a bit of clouds then this lightning came randomly and then it rained like hell...I live in Boston btw

Araciel
06-01-2007, 11:23 PM
i would say a few kilometers at least

because i have no clue.

Jess
06-01-2007, 11:33 PM
I've never actually seen lightning hit anything so obviously I've never been that close really. :jess:

sephirothishere
06-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Like...30 metres. I was enclosed in a building though so ho humm.

Jessweeee♪
06-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Our roof was struck once, all the TVs shorted out :(

Momiji
06-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Our roof was struck once, all the TVs shorted out :(

Our house got hit once, and it fried our computer. :(

Arc_Master_14
06-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Put it this way I was in like Louisiana and like all of a sudden it started raining and I was like iono 10 feet away from a tree that got struck and 5 seconds later I was 75 feet away from a burning tree

Meat Puppet
06-02-2007, 06:12 AM
A couple of feet, I guess. It’s probably an exaggeration, but it did feel that close. The strike also startled me into dropping a box of <a href="http://www.coca-cola.com/">Coca-Cola</a> cans, and I even ended up running back in to the storm to save the few cans that had rolled away. I’m pretty much one of the bravest people I know. I think that I win less awards than I deserve, to be honest.

PyroManiak
06-02-2007, 06:18 AM
A couple of feet, I guess. It’s probably an exaggeration, but it did feel that close. The strike also startled me into dropping a box of <a href="http://www.coca-cola.com/">Coca-Cola</a> cans, and I even ended up running back in to the storm to save the few cans that had rolled away. I’m pretty much one of the bravest people I know. I think that I win less awards than I deserve, to be honest.

I think it was courage not bravery, you were probably scared.

Ramza Beoulve
06-02-2007, 08:37 AM
3 feet. I was next to the window seeing the rain when a powerpole next to my house and actually 3 feet away from the window was zapped.

I could feel the electricity all over my body, and it hurted A LOT

And the block was without electricity three days

scrumpleberry
06-02-2007, 10:21 AM
I've never actually seen lightning hit anything so obviously I've never been that close really. :jess:

Me too.

Not lighting, but I once held on to an electric fence without realising, and it was only when I touched a pony's nose and she bolted down the field out of shock that I noticed and it really hurt.

My friend found it hilarious :(

(It wasn't a strong electric fence, just to stop people from nicking the ponies and to stop the ponies jumping it.)

Dynast-Kid
06-02-2007, 06:01 PM

What's the difference?

PyroManiak
06-02-2007, 06:17 PM

What's the difference?

*sighs* I hate getting technical...

Bravery is more like when your not scared, courage is when youre pretty scared but you do something anyways

Leen-Leen
06-02-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure. Whenever it's rainy season here, there's tons of thunder and lightning storms. I remember being in a car once and seeing lightning bolts all around me, but it's sort of hard to tell how close I was, to tell the truth ...

Pike
06-02-2007, 09:51 PM
About 15 feet, but I was in a car~