PDA

View Full Version : I REVIVED AERIS

demondude
06-02-2007, 07:44 PM
What are the most stupid rumours about this game you have heard:)

Avarice-ness
06-02-2007, 07:47 PM
I was once told this was the best FF.

I giggled until soda came out of my nose. :razz:

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-02-2007, 07:50 PM
*disagree*

CHEESE WEAPON!!!! :D

jammi567
06-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Probally that they were going to do a version of it for the PS3.

Griff
06-02-2007, 08:48 PM

You officially win the post of the year award.

Jessweeee♪
06-02-2007, 08:54 PM
*disagree*

http://www.eternal-legend.com/img/chocoweap.jpg

demondude
06-02-2007, 08:55 PM
http://web.axelero.hu/szegogab/cheeseweapon.jpg

jammi567
06-02-2007, 10:53 PM

You officially win the post of the year award.
Why, thank you. Was it for being the most casually sarcastic post that you've seen in a long time?

cloud21zidane16
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
its a difficult game

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-02-2007, 11:05 PM
ROFL!!! gud one

i like how ur fighting cheese wepaon on the moon!!!!

sephirothishere
06-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeh, well, the moon is made of cheese.

Garnie
06-03-2007, 12:51 AM
i guess what the worst rummor i heard was the crap with oh aeris can be brought back from the dead and stuff and she doest steal your armor...bitch

gudkid
06-03-2007, 03:01 AM
nice pics there... especially the chocobo weapon

Xurts
06-03-2007, 05:45 AM
A Gameshark can revive Aeris. I don't know who would want to do such a thing because she sucks. The only thing that would make her useful would be her Fury Brand Limit.

blackmage_nuke
06-03-2007, 06:11 AM

XD

Christmas
06-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Anyone heard of the poo poo weapon hiding in the Shinra Toliet? :meatwad:

Tallulah
06-03-2007, 10:05 AM

Ooh, bitchy! :D

My favourite rumour was that if you keep flushing the toilet after you have been spying on the Shinra meeting, Cloud will eventually say 'f**k it!', pull down his pants and take a dump! :p

Dr. Acula
06-03-2007, 10:32 AM
The weirdest rumour I heard was one where you can get a goblin named Boxer on your team, and one that said you can get rainbow and wooden chocobos.

Comet
06-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I once heard some bull**** about 'Zack can be brought back and fight in your team.'

Hazzard
06-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I once heard some bull**** about 'Zack can be brought back and fight in your team.'

That's actually true. :rolleyes2

Comet
06-03-2007, 03:30 PM
;)

CimminyCricket
06-03-2007, 03:33 PM
You are so lucky. I almost crapped my pants I was so pissed at seeing this topic.

Firo Volondé
06-03-2007, 04:03 PM
That you can get Lara Croft on your team. I can't remember where I saw it, though.

Goldenboko
06-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I heard this rumor that Sephiroth is cooler than Kefka, and Midgar is greater then Zozo....

I lmao-ed when I heard it.

darksword12
06-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Probably the Silver Chocobo that can go underwater.

Hazzard
06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
I heard this rumor that Cloud cross-dresses in the game. I was like "Hell no, Cloud wouldn't tarnish his rep by doing something so...Unmanly."

The person never spoke to me again.

cloud21zidane16
06-03-2007, 11:25 PM
that if you get 99 super sweepers and go to either rocket town or fort condor the tiny bronco will be fixed making the highwind pointless

ReloadPsi
06-04-2007, 12:34 AM

That's just low!

Anyway, I once heard that if you level up the Destruct Materia enough, you get an upgrade on the Death spell (Death 2) that works on all bosses.

Someone keeps asking me about having a Goblin from Goblin Island as well. Moron.

Bolivar
06-04-2007, 05:30 AM
someone once told me theres a secret scene where palmer's dreaming of cheeseburgers.

to this day i don't know, nor do i think i want to know, what this person was talking about...

DeStyle
06-04-2007, 08:06 AM
No, you just gave away a huge spoiler.

I hope you burn in hell.
Have a nice day.

blackmage_nuke
06-04-2007, 08:59 AM

I hope you burn in hell. Lifestream
Have a nice day.

Fixed

Jaffamitsu
06-04-2007, 11:09 AM
I remember reading once about a secret 'hentai' ending between Cloud and Tifa.....How ridiculous...The funniest thing is when you actually read the 'requirements' for these rumours and wonder if anyone actually trys them...

Tallulah
06-04-2007, 11:35 AM
I remember reading once about a secret 'hentai' ending between Cloud and Tifa.....How ridiculous...

Of course it's ridiculous. Everyone knows that Cloud's one and only true love is Sephiroth! :D

What exactly are the requirements anyway? I would love to see how ridiculous they are! Does it involve keeping Aeris alive so she can watch? :p

Jaffamitsu
06-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Haha probably..to be honest i can't remember..i tried finding it the other day for a quick laugh...it was probably something like get to lvl. 45 and go to the honeybee inn and get the lingerie..then talk to Tifa in Don Corneo's Mansion and she says she will save it for later or something to that extent lol..then during your fight with safer sephiroth she will run off to change...:D

jammi567
06-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Another rumour that i've heard is that Cloud can be kept in his dress for the whole game, and when you reach the Forgotten City, Sephiroth gets destracted so much that he stabs Tifa instead, and so Aeries lives!

Grazia
06-04-2007, 05:23 PM
All of the rumours about this game are stupid. You expect me to pick one?

Dr. Acula
06-05-2007, 05:43 AM
I remember reading once about a secret 'hentai' ending between Cloud and Tifa.....How ridiculous...The funniest thing is when you actually read the 'requirements' for these rumours and wonder if anyone actually trys them...

Haha I remember that one! And also one about a secret ending where Aeris comes back alive and marries Cloud, so Tifa starts making out with Locke from FF6!

Slothy
06-05-2007, 02:27 PM

No one can expect you to pick one. Heck, when you've heard them all, you realize that they all deserve a good laugh. When I'm feeling a little down for example, I like to browse this site: The Turk Alliance: Over 100 Rumors! (http://ff7rumors.tripod.com/)

Usually cheers me up. (I also find myself wondering just how long I've had that sitting in my favourites list. Must be about 7 years at least).

Tallulah
06-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Neat, Vivi22. I remember seeing this a couple of years back. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention.

Honestly, the crap people come up with! :rolleyes2

BG-57
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I remember one person telling me he found out a way to make Cloud's head spin like in the Exorcist. He had a reputation of making stuff up, even before this, so I was understandably skeptical.

Rostum
06-06-2007, 12:15 AM

Nerd.

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
06-06-2007, 06:47 AM
If you breed 2 golden chocobos with max stats you can get the chocobo god..... Meh I just got another golden chocobo :(

Leonheart188
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Lol, rumours are quality for this game, the best one ive heard of is, that you can fight bugenhagen mwahaha, its amazing, the first time u see him, you go to the lever, he says no blablabla, you do this for 20mins, and bugenhagen gets annoyed and decides to attack you, Its quality, *cries with laughter* :)

Project G
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Hmm, I heard a really stupid rumour about the first time I had ever heard of FFVII (Which was about a week after it came out in europe), If you got a super sweeper it would actually kill the emerald weapon for you!

Another one was that you could get Ark summon materia by finding bits of gold throughout the game and combining them in the temple of the ancients.

And finally I heard one that if you killed Ruby weapon you would get a free Gold Chocobo and the means to create one

Leonheart188
06-06-2007, 02:35 PM
And finally I heard one that if you killed Ruby weapon you would get a free Gold Chocobo and the means to create one

This is correct, lol, as u probably know, but the other two are funny :D its quality what rumours can come up with especially fighting the cheese monster, classic :choc2:

moomba
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
how do u get zack then hasserd

demondude
06-06-2007, 05:16 PM

I hope you burn in hell.
Have a nice day.

If that was aimed at me get ready for this.

I dunno if it occured to you but this game is OLD we can give away spoilers so tough if yu don't like it complain to a mod

hope you burn in hell:)

wallomrslug
06-06-2007, 06:16 PM
There was of course the rumour where if you reached Rocket Town within 30 hours of the game, you'd walk into the rocket to find Cid getting changed and he'd angrily boot you out

Griff
06-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I remember hearing one about not needing the underwater materia to get rid of the timer during the fight with Weapon.

If I remember straight it involved playing the game upside down while eating a filet o fish from McDonalds.

Leonheart188
06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
ah. that would work supremly, i was eating a big mac, when i tried thatm n it diddnt work, but now i know its a fish o fillet, what an obvious mistake :p

Grazia
06-07-2007, 12:36 AM

No one can expect you to pick one. Heck, when you've heard them all, you realize that they all deserve a good laugh. When I'm feeling a little down for example, I like to browse this site: The Turk Alliance: Over 100 Rumors! (http://ff7rumors.tripod.com/)

Usually cheers me up. (I also find myself wondering just how long I've had that sitting in my favourites list. Must be about 7 years at least).

Haha that site is quality.

I have to admit, nothing gives me a bigger laugh than FFVII rumours.

Sword
06-08-2007, 12:37 AM
You are so lucky. I almost crapped my pants I was so pissed at seeing this topic.
Thats exactly how I felt lol. I was about to come in here and just immediatly post "No you didn't!" lol

Aeris revival is worst I've heard. But that could change cos i'm about to go to that link of 100 rumors

Momiji
06-08-2007, 03:35 AM

I hope you burn in hell.
Have a nice day.

Waaaah.

Come on already, the game's been out for almost 10 years now. Get a grip. Seriously. Besides, everyone knows that Aeris dies. If they don't, there's just no way that they can call themselves a Final Fantasy 'fan'.

Dr. Acula
06-08-2007, 08:39 AM
I also heard that you can see a secret cutscene where you see Sephiroth wearing a dress and makeup, and Barret says "He's kinda cute." Lol.

Cledarius
06-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm surprised that this rumor wasn't mentioned till yet:

The ultimate Boss: Invected Rufus

After Rufus died in the Shinra Tower (Well we know he's not dead but anyway) you have to go to the pipe where that sick guy was. Talk to him and then go in the itme-menu and throw away a Mega-elixir. Then talk again to the sick guy. he thanks you for tying to cure him and gives you a mine. With this mine you have to go to the yellow excavator. Use the mine there and the excavator explodes. Now stairs are visible, where the excavator stood moments before. Go down the stairs. You will end up in a romm, where you will see Rufus kneeing in front of you. He's totally confused and speaks of things like revenge for his father.
Then the fight beginns:
At the very beginning "Invected Rufus" will cast wall on himself. Then he attacks you with "Headshot" which will kill a char immediately. Also he uses "Pest-Blade" (yes in this fight he carries a green glowing blade) that deals 4000 damage and all status abnormalities. After you did him about 30'000 HP damage he uses an attack called "Executioner" which will kill 2 chars immediately. He now has 3 new attacks. One is called "Venom Strike" dealing 5000 damage and poison on all chars. "Shingle" is the second new attack, it deals 10x9999 hp damage to one char. "Holy Curse" is the third new attack, it heals Rufus 5000Hp and all your chars get confused.
If you manage it to kill Rufus (don't know how much Hp he has) he has a last final attack ready for you. A goodbye present called "Armageddon Reopen" it will kill all 3 chars immediately. After the fight you receive his pumpgun (weapon for barret as strong as his ultimate weapon)
Go back to the sick guy and he will thank you and give you 99Mega-Elixir 99Phoenix Downs and a sword for cloud called "Plague" which kills an enemy immediately. (Does not work on bosses)

Soooooooo, doesn't that sound funny? I think the one who invented the whole thing has way too much fantasy.

Leonheart188
06-08-2007, 03:30 PM
lol, thats cool, it would of been better if rufus had a wooden chocobo as a pet, that would of made me went and try out the rumour lol :P

Grazia
06-08-2007, 04:43 PM
[quote=Cim;2203956]Aeris revival is worst I've heard.

But I DID Revive Aeris.... its simple really...

First I had to raise one of each colour Chocobo, and then I had to race them all 3000 times at the gold saucer. I had to use my Gold Chocobo to beat Joe 5000 times and after the 5000 defeat, Joe concedes defeat because you are more leet than him and gives you his special key item called "Sickness Medicine"

Once you have the Key item, you need to go to Bone Village and dig up the Sector 5 key. Once you have dug up the key, you need to go back to Midgar and enter Sector 5. Once you are there, you need to get Cloud to dress up as a woman again and then take the "Sickness Medicine" to the guy who is sick and give it to him. He drinks it and is magically cured of his illness. He is so happy to be cured that he gives you a super rare item that no one ever knew existed called "Uber-Phoenix". Once you have this item, Cloud can return to his normal self.

However all is not finished yet. Once you have gotten the Uber Phoenix, you need to beat every Weapon in the game and then return to Bone Village & rest over night which gives you a cutscene with one of the miners there, he tells you that a man who can float visited and said that a soul would return to the earth when you use a special item. Then you must go to Cosmo canyon and speak to Bugenhagen, who decides to come with you to the forgotten city again, but first you must watch his cycle of the planet diagram explaination 20 times.

Once you get to the Forgotten City of the Ancients, you are surprised to see that the guys from the Wall Market Gym are blocking your entrance. Still angry that Cloud beat him to get the best wig, you are challenged to do 102939394949585984 squats in 10mins. Only on completing that with success will they let you pass into Forgotten city.

If you manage to beat the guys from the gym, you can go into the city, head to the place where you set Aeris to rest and use the Uber-Phoenix" and Aeris will be alive again!

:p :p

Note: This is not possible & if you try it, you really are stupid. ok?

Leonheart188
06-08-2007, 11:06 PM
omg it worked!!!!! that uber pwnage!!!!!!!!!

theundeadhero
06-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Forget rumors, the funniest thing FFVII has ever spawned was a thread here back in 2001 or 2002 that degraded into people arguing whether Vincent's coffin was made of wood or metal based on the sound it made when the lid flew off and hit the floor.

Intense geekery.

Grazia
06-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Forget rumors, the funniest thing FFVII has ever spawned was a thread here back in 2001 or 2002 that degraded into people arguing whether Vincent's coffin was made of wood or metal based on the sound it made when the lid flew off and hit the floor.

Intense geekery.

LOL!

I think I was around back in those days....

Sword
06-11-2007, 01:49 PM

After Rufus died in the Shinra Tower (Well we know he's not dead but anyway) you have to go to the pipe where that sick guy was. Talk to him and then go in the itme-menu and throw away a Mega-elixir. Then talk again to the sick guy. he thanks you for tying to cure him and gives you a mine. With this mine you have to go to the yellow excavator. Use the mine there and the excavator explodes. Now stairs are visible, where the excavator stood moments before. Go down the stairs. You will end up in a romm, where you will see Rufus kneeing in front of you. He's totally confused and speaks of things like revenge for his father.
Then the fight beginns:
At the very beginning "Invected Rufus" will cast wall on himself. Then he attacks you with "Headshot" which will kill a char immediately. Also he uses "Pest-Blade" (yes in this fight he carries a green glowing blade) that deals 4000 damage and all status abnormalities. After you did him about 30'000 HP damage he uses an attack called "Executioner" which will kill 2 chars immediately. He now has 3 new attacks. One is called "Venom Strike" dealing 5000 damage and poison on all chars. "Shingle" is the second new attack, it deals 10x9999 hp damage to one char. "Holy Curse" is the third new attack, it heals Rufus 5000Hp and all your chars get confused.
If you manage it to kill Rufus (don't know how much Hp he has) he has a last final attack ready for you. A goodbye present called "Armageddon Reopen" it will kill all 3 chars immediately. After the fight you receive his pumpgun (weapon for barret as strong as his ultimate weapon)
Go back to the sick guy and he will thank you and give you 99Mega-Elixir 99Phoenix Downs and a sword for cloud called "Plague" which kills an enemy immediately. (Does not work on bosses)

Soooooooo, doesn't that sound funny? I think the one who invented the whole thing has way too much fantasy.

The things that let you know it's a rumor is the rediculous amount of items at the end and the fact that this "shingle" attack does 10x9999. I mean if its a fixed number then one 9999 is enough, since you can't have more HP than that (it's not FFX :P) Plus there's the fact that it just doesn't exist lol

Spawn of Sephiroth
06-11-2007, 10:57 PM
*disagree*

http://www.eternal-legend.com/img/chocoweap.jpg

That would be kinda sweet though.

Leonheart188
06-12-2007, 09:48 AM
i want a cheese sandwhich, wark!

Cledarius
06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Bespoken by Cledarius

Then the fight beginns:

The things that let you know it's a rumor is the rediculous amount of items at the end and the fact that this "shingle" attack does 10x9999. I mean if its a fixed number then one 9999 is enough, since you can't have more HP than that (it's not FFX :P) Plus there's the fact that it just doesn't exist lol

No, you know it earlier. Or do you think throwing away a Megalixir in the menu changes any conversation with a person in the game?

Leonheart188
06-15-2007, 09:09 PM
yes

PresidentSEARS
06-17-2007, 09:56 PM
The best rumour
Firstly you need 99 remedies,99 potions, 99 high potions

After jumping off the train heading to the second reactor,
head back down the tracks till you reach the entrance
guarded by two shinra guards.
Fight, fight fight and fight - and after about 3 hours worth of fighting
just carry on your business and finish the reactor - same as normal.
Then when you meet Aries go and meet the sick guy in the tube with II on his arm - he'll run off.
when aries dies - Zack will turn up and he'll tell some awful story about how he was ill but he's ok now.
ta-dah - Zack's in your party

leader of mortals
06-17-2007, 10:53 PM
I heard once that if you go into the ocean with the sub, you can find a head in the ocean. I'm not sure where it was but if you can find it, you go to junon and go under and use the head somehow. Then you can fight the sapphire weapon(the one that got his head blown off by junon's cannon) and if you beat him you get the pure sword which has 4 times the growth and is only a bit weaker than the ultimate weapon for cloud. I cant remember where i heard this, but I think it was at a forum I used to visit.

Lynx
06-17-2007, 11:04 PM
i heard a rumor to get a white chocobo that could dive under water and where the zolom is you can dive into that swamp thing.

Brennan
06-18-2007, 02:54 AM
I heard that if Cloud dies 100000000 times, in battle, that he'd commit suicide before the JENOVA battle, (last one)

Cloud: I'm too weak to continue...

Tifa: What do you mean?

Barret: Yo, man, don't be goin phyco on me!

Cloud: Good-bye.

Tifa: CLOUD!!!

Cloud jumps off cliff.

Cloud: Greonimo!!!

*Splat!!!!*

Tifa: Cloud's dead...

Barrett: The $%^#?

*Lifestream flies up*

All: WTF?

PresidentSEARS
06-18-2007, 03:50 AM
i heard a rumor to get a white chocobo that could dive under water and where the zolom is you can dive into that swamp thing.
I remember that one

Markus. D
06-18-2007, 03:58 AM
:choc2: + :choc2: = Moomba

:(

atlanteay
06-18-2007, 04:41 AM
i heard you can date cid and possibly go even further with the date :bigsmile:

Deathchant
06-22-2007, 08:29 AM
another rumour is that you can summon Gilgamesh in FF7 by entering a special sequence on your PSX-pads...

PeneloRatsbane
06-28-2007, 02:23 PM
this isn't really a rumour, but i wondered if it happened to ayone else. When i was doing the north crator at the end for the first attempt, i walked cloud on to the next screen bit, the one where you sorta have to jump on greeny coloured boulderthings, but they weren't there and instead there were loads of Baloons?! it looked liked gold saucer and he jumped down like normal, but when i went back it looked how it should do, probably just a glitch but it confused the hell out of me

grim07
06-28-2007, 03:15 PM

Yeah, I mean it only brought FF to the mainstream, catapaulted the Playstations sales, put Sony on the map, put Square on the map, had pretty much the most interesting story, STILL, 10 years after its release. People STILL play it, games and movies are being based off of it.

But damn, VI musta been alot better huh...:rolleyes2

Griff
06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
catapaulted the Playstations sales,
source?

put Sony on the map,
Sony wasn't just some no name company before FF7 you know.

put Square on the map,
If Square wasn't on the map already there wouldn't have been 6 titles in the series beforehand.

had pretty much the most interesting story,
That is a matter of opinion, not fact.

10 years after its release. People STILL play it,
People still play FF6. Hell, people still play FF1.

games and movies are being based off of it.
Because Square knows its a money horse, since it was the first FF for many people.

From the point of view of a good number of people who have actually played both, it is.

grim07
06-29-2007, 03:33 PM
source?

put Sony on the map,

put Square on the map,
If Square wasn't on the map already there wouldn't have been 6 titles in the series beforehand.

Because Square knows its a money horse, since it was the first FF for many people.

From the point of view of a good number of people who have actually played both, it is.

1. I cant find a source on playstation sales from 1994 to 1997. But Im not that good at internet searches anyways. But its the reason I and everyone I know bought one. Most people I know never even HEARD of the damn playstation before FFVII.

2. No, Sony did electronics, but for the video game console, it WAS a no name company. Kinda like what Halo did for Microsoft, FFVII did for Sony.

3. If you didnt like FFVII's story, you need to read a book

4. They still play them, but more play FFVII. VII is still selling more copies then I-VI.

5. And WHY was it the first FF for many people? BECAUSE IT WAS GOOD. Because everyone heard about it, everyone loves it, it has the most mass market appeal.

6. I have played both. VI is good, but it stands no where near the revolutionary capability of VII. Sorry.

leader of mortals
06-30-2007, 05:59 PM
source?

put Sony on the map,

put Square on the map,

1. I cant find a source on playstation sales from 1994 to 1997. But Im not that good at internet searches anyways. But its the reason I and everyone I know bought one. Most people I know never even HEARD of the damn playstation before FFVII.

2. No, Sony did electronics, but for the video game console, it WAS a no name company. Kinda like what Halo did for Microsoft, FFVII did for Sony.

4. They still play them, but more play FFVII. VII is still selling more copies then I-VI.

5. And WHY was it the first FF for many people? BECAUSE IT WAS GOOD. Because everyone heard about it, everyone loves it, it has the most mass market appeal.

6. I have played both. VI is good, but it stands no where near the revolutionary capability of VII. Sorry.

owned

grim07
06-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah well...I just get tired of people sittin there sayin "oh yeah, haha vii is so over rated, im cool because i dont like it, im gunna be different, haha"

jammi567
07-01-2007, 09:20 PM
But seriously, it doesn't have that great a story, and you don't even see the main villian until disk 2, and even then, he's suck in some god damn crystal thing.

Griff
07-02-2007, 01:16 AM

Let me just clump these ones together. The reason FF7 was the first FF for many people was because the PSX/N64 era sparked a new generation of gaming. The "Gaming Boom" started with these consoles (and the Saturn, if you want to be over specific). Of the 3 available consoles, more people bought the Playstation because it was cheaper and more accessible than the N64 or the Saturn, and because Sony was a big name that they were used to and trusted. The concept that most people you know never heard of the PSX before before FF7 came out is hard to believe as I live in the middle of nowhere and even I had heard of the console way before that. In conclusion, FF7 was the first for many because the Playstation was the first for many, it had nothing to do with the quality of the game.

I have read many books from many different authors. I can only name two of those books that I found less interesting than the story of FFVII.

Yeah well...I just get tired of people sittin there sayin "oh yeah, haha vii is so over rated, im cool because i dont like it, im gunna be different, haha"
And yet, at no point did anyone say that. My post was just pointing out flaws in your argument, and Avarice-ness' post was joking about the members of this forum (and others like it) who constantly give their view of "Either you think FF7 is amazing or you are an idiot". Or, in other words, fanboys.

f f freak
07-02-2007, 01:27 AM

Let me just clump these ones together. The reason FF7 was the first FF for many people was because the PSX/N64 era sparked a new generation of gaming. The "Gaming Boom" started with these consoles (and the Saturn, if you want to be over specific). Of the 3 available consoles, more people bought the Playstation because it was cheaper and more accessible than the N64 or the Saturn, and because Sony was a big name that they were used to and trusted. The concept that most people you know never heard of the PSX before before FF7 came out is hard to believe as I live in the middle of nowhere and even I had heard of the console way before that. In conclusion, FF7 was the first for many because the Playstation was the first for many, it had nothing to do with the quality of the game.

I have read many books from many different authors. I can only name two of those books that I found less interesting than the story of FFVII.

And yet, at no point did anyone say that. My post was just pointing out flaws in your argument, and Avarice-ness' post was joking about the members of this forum (and others like it) who constantly give their view of "Either you think FF7 is amazing or you are an idiot". Or, in other words, fanboys.

He he. Grim07 got owned. Go Griff. Squash those fanboys.

jammi567
07-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Indeed. They have what i call a balance decifit ie. they see one side of an argument, and refuse to even take a tiny little peak at the other side to properally compare the two arguments to see whether their's actually is the better argument or not.

demondude
07-02-2007, 08:44 PM
I hereby close this argument by giving the truth.

Final fantasy 9 pwns you n00bs ;)

Dynast-Kid
07-02-2007, 09:28 PM

Final fantasy 9 Final Fantasy XII pwns you n00bs ;)

Fixed.

WIN.

jammi567
07-02-2007, 09:46 PM

Final fantasy 9 Final Fantasy XII Final Fantasy pwns you n00bs ;)

Fixed.

Fixed yet again.

f f freak
07-02-2007, 09:48 PM

Final fantasy 9 Final Fantasy XII Final Fantasy I pwns you n00bs ;)

Fixed.

Fixed yet again.

Fixed for the last time.

Firo Volondé
07-03-2007, 02:39 AM

Final fantasy 9 Final Fantasy XII Final Fantasy I Golden Sun pwns you n00bs ;)

Fixed.

Fixed yet again.

Fixed for the last time.

Now fixed for the absolutely positively last time.

f f freak
07-03-2007, 06:28 PM

Final fantasy 9 Final Fantasy XII Final Fantasy I Golden Sun n00bs pwns you n00bs ;)

Fixed.

Fixed yet again.

Fixed for the last time.

Fixed for the absolutely positively final time.

jammi567
07-03-2007, 07:10 PM

Final fantasy 9 Final Fantasy XII Final Fantasy I Golden Sun n00bs experts who know what the hell they're talking about pwns you n00bs ;)

Fixed.

Fixed yet again.

Fixed for the last time.

f f freak
07-03-2007, 10:15 PM

Final fantasy 9 Final Fantasy XII Final Fantasy I Golden Sun n00bs experts who know what the hell they're talking about pwns you n00bs ;)

Fixed.

Fixed yet again.

Fixed for the last time.

Now this I can agree with.

grim07
07-04-2007, 03:50 AM

Actually, more people bought the Nintendo 64 because of the graphics and because Nintendo was a name they knew and trusted in the terms of VIDEO GAME CONSOLES. Sony had never made a video game console before. When FFVII was released in 1997, IT SKYROCKETED THE PLAYSTATION.

The last bit of argument is more opinion then anything, but really, if you dont think that FFVII revolutionized Final Fantasy or if you think that VI was superior, then....I really dont know what to say anymore.

Zeromus_X
07-04-2007, 03:56 AM
VI revolutionized Final Fantasy just as much as VII did; VII just had better cosmetics to draw the player in and a bigger fanbase backing it up (I am not saying which one is better or not; I am merely pointing out the obvious similarities between the two and how they revolutionized the series).

jammi567
07-04-2007, 08:49 AM
And the fact that the original final fantasy drew people in, because it was a different experiance for them, and it was so inertivive compared to what was on the market and avaliable to eople at the time. It managed to do that because of the deep and involving story, the battle system, the stragitic value because of the different classes - you know, all these things that set Square up that they were different and exciting.

And all that was a full 10 years before this bloody game came out.

grim07
07-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Final Fantasy VII revolutionized final fantasy - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Final+Fantasy+VII+revolutionized+final+fantasy)

Thats all I have to say on the subject.

Griff
07-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Final Fantasy VII revolutionized final fantasy - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Final+Fantasy+VII+revolutionized+final+fantasy)

# of search results for Final Fantasy VII revolutionized final fantasy - 20500

# of search results for Final Fantasy VII sucks (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Final+Fantasy+VII+sucks&btnG=Search) - 329000

grim07
07-06-2007, 02:40 AM

# of search results for Final Fantasy VII sucks (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Final+Fantasy+VII+sucks&btnG=Search) - 329000

look at your websites. they take any website that has to word "suck" and "final fantasy". "suck" being a pretty common word, yours turned up more results. half of your webpages talk about Crisis Core and Dirge of Ceberus, saying the "music sucked."

So yeah....try again.

Griff
07-06-2007, 03:11 AM

look at your websites. they take any website that has to word "suck" and "final fantasy". "suck" being a pretty common word, yours turned up more results. half of your webpages talk about Crisis Core and Dirge of Ceberus, saying the "music sucked."

So yeah....try again.

Ok, I'll put it in quotations so that only the exact phrase is found.

# of search results for "Final Fantasy VII revolutionized" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Final+Fantasy+VII+revolutionized%22&btnG=Search) (note the removal of the end to create even more results) - 48

# of search results for "Final Fantasy VII sucks" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Final+Fantasy+VII+sucks%22&btnG=Search) - 295

next?

grim07
07-06-2007, 10:46 PM

So yeah....try again.

# of search results for "Final Fantasy VII revolutionized" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Final+Fantasy+VII+revolutionized%22&btnG=Search)(note the removal of the end to create even more results) - 48

# of search results for "Final Fantasy VII sucks" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Final+Fantasy+VII+sucks%22&btnG=Search)- 295

next?

Once again, look at your websites compared to mine. One of yours is even a link to THIS thread on THIS website!! Alot of them are also for ONE website. Some of them are even making fun of people who say Final Fantasy VII sucks. Very few actually sit there and say "Final Fantasy VII sucks, this is why."

Whereas under mine, it says in almost every single DIFFERENT website mentioned by MAJOR GAME CRITICS AND PUBLISHERS that "Final Fantasy VII revolutionized the way that RPGs are played" or "Final Fantasy VII revolutionized the Final Fantasy VII series." The number of results have nothing to do with it.

Go look for yourself everyone, Im not making this up.

Radje
07-07-2007, 03:34 PM

So yeah....try again.

# of search results for "Final Fantasy VII revolutionized" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Final+Fantasy+VII+revolutionized%22&btnG=Search)(note the removal of the end to create even more results) - 48

# of search results for "Final Fantasy VII sucks" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Final+Fantasy+VII+sucks%22&btnG=Search)- 295

next?

Once again, look at your websites compared to mine. One of yours is even a link to THIS thread on THIS website!! Alot of them are also for ONE website. Some of them are even making fun of people who say Final Fantasy VII sucks. Very few actually sit there and say "Final Fantasy VII sucks, this is why."

Whereas under mine, it says in almost every single DIFFERENT website mentioned by MAJOR GAME CRITICS AND PUBLISHERS that "Final Fantasy VII revolutionized the way that RPGs are played" or "Final Fantasy VII revolutionized the Final Fantasy VII series." The number of results have nothing to do with it.

Go look for yourself everyone, Im not making this up.

You can revive Aeris if you moan about google results enough. Go on, try it.

Zevray
07-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Every Final Fantasy game has its own qualities. Whether or not Final Fantasy VII "revolutionized" the gaming industry or not was totally up to the opinion of those who bought and played the game. And just as those people who fell in love with it had their say in whether or not it was a good game, so do those who did not.

It's all based on opinion. PERSONAL opinion, mind you, among everyone. If someone wants to believe that Final Fantasy VI was better than VII, then ok. You might disagree, that's your opinion. But you don't have to get all touchy because someone doesn't share the same light as you do. :rolleyes2

grim07
07-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Every Final Fantasy game has its own qualities. Whether or not Final Fantasy VII "revolutionized" the gaming industry or not was totally up to the opinion of those who bought and played the game. And just as those people who fell in love with it had their say in whether or not it was a good game, so do those who did not.

It's all based on opinion. PERSONAL opinion, mind you, among everyone. If someone wants to believe that Final Fantasy VI was better than VII, then ok. You might disagree, that's your opinion. But you don't have to get all touchy because someone doesn't share the same light as you do. :rolleyes2

Actually, in terms of revolutionizing, thats NOT an opinion. Its a fact. You see it in the graphics, music, characters, battle, storyline, sidequests. Every major game critic agree's as does millions of people. But then you have the guys who think its "cool to be different" and they wanna say that FFVII sucks.

True, not everyone likes it. But you cant deny that it was revolutionary and that it brought FF to the mainstream.

jammi567
07-08-2007, 05:01 PM
As did the original Final Fantasy, which was a lot better then any of the other games out there at the time. If that hadn't done as well as it did, then Final Fantasy wouldn't even exist.

demondude
07-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Come on people we don't need to argue people can have they're own opinions on certain things if they want.

So can we stop the argument please and all just get along :)

jammi567
07-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes, we do have to argue, as otherwise, it would be a pretty boring place.

grim07
07-08-2007, 10:53 PM

lol, I can actually agree with this.

Final Fantasy I revolutionized RPG's.

Final Fantasy VII revolutionized Final Fantasy.

Radje
07-08-2007, 10:55 PM

This isn't a bad point actually. I agree with this.

leader of mortals
07-09-2007, 03:14 AM

same. Just for the record, I havent heard of final fantasy before ff7.

A lot of people say FF7 is very over-rated. I am here to talk about this. FF7 got a 9.5/10 on gamespot, and made 1st in all of playstation. The 9.5 is not from it's over-ratedness, but because it was awesome. Now the 1st in playstation is from being over-rated, because chrono cross got 10/10, but only made 3rd (FF8 was second). So FF7 may be over-rated, but it is still a fricken awesome game.

I looked on gamespot, but only found ff6 for the gba, ff6 advance,and for the playstation. FF6 advanced made a rank more than 300 less that ff7 in an all time popularity rank, and for the playstation, more than 3400.

Now I haven't played FF6, but I know FF7 rules. Now, I don't know if FF6 is actually better, but FF7 is much more popular.

And to get back on subject...

I once heard that Aeris can be revived:tongue: owned

Bolivar
07-09-2007, 03:21 AM

it redefined the boundaries of "Fantasy".

NeoCracker
07-09-2007, 05:07 AM
This thread gave me a headache.

grim07
07-09-2007, 03:32 PM
I wonder where Jammi is now? Come on man, did I show you up or something? Finally realize you were wrong?

demondude
07-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I wonder where Jammi is now? Come on man, did I show you up or something? Finally realize you were wrong?

Theres no point provoking someone to argue with you its also kinda spammy

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-09-2007, 06:49 PM
I think we're done here. The topic left several posts ago.