PDA

View Full Version : uhh...help please

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-03-2007, 02:13 AM
what is a VOB file and how do i open it?

Discord
06-03-2007, 02:47 AM
A VOB file (DVD-Video Object or Versioned Object Base) is a container format contained in DVD-Video media. It contains the actual Video, Audio, Subtitle (VobSubs) and Menu contents in stream form.

VOB files are encoded very much like standard MPEG-2 files. If the extension is changed from .vob to .mpg or .mpeg, the file is still readable and continues to hold all information, although most MPEG-2-capable players don't support subtitle tracks.

In order to burn the VOB files to a DVD±R disc, other standard DVD-Video files are needed as well, including IFO and BUP files. The burning is easily done using software like Nero or Roxio Toast.

VOB files will play on a Macintosh using MPlayer, VLC media player, and sometimes DVD Player. [1]. On Linux, they will play using Xine, MPlayer or VLC media player. On Windows they will play using Media Player Classic, VLC media player, Vidlizard, RealPlayer, BSplayer, Windows Media Player with ffdshow or Nero Showtime.

Thus, a file that you play with VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/).

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-04-2007, 01:05 AM
k thanks :)

Discord
06-04-2007, 01:45 PM
No problem.:cool:

bipper
06-04-2007, 04:57 PM
VLC rocks out with its blocks out. It fricken rawks. I keep it in all my base images

Discord
06-04-2007, 06:11 PM
VLC rocks out with its blocks out. It fricken rawks. I keep it in all my base images

Of course. C'est fraincais! It hath to be absolument superb!:p

Nah, they know what they're doing at the Grande Ecole.