PDA

View Full Version : Versus XIII looks so much better!

tidus_rox
06-03-2007, 03:45 AM
I think so. How about you?

Croyles
06-03-2007, 04:36 PM
no :) I like FFXIII

Nifleheim7
06-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Both games are looking great so far.
I'm more curious about versus though...

Hazzard
06-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I made this thread time ago.

I agree with you though, however both games seem relatively interesting and will provide the good stuff.

Bolivar
06-15-2007, 04:02 AM
They're both looking great but I'm more interested in Versus, as it's definately the biggest departure in an main-series FF yet. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, pitting Nomura and Kitase against eachother is either really going to pay off, or will dissapoint compared to if they worked on 1 game.

Sword
06-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Well the gameplay is supposed to be like KH, though more realistic and apparently teleportation is one of the main character's abilities. This pleases me.

Dr. Acula
06-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Actually, from what I've heard of FF13, it sounds a bit better than Versus, and IMO Versus looks a little bit like an emo game. I like the characters of Agito too, there are thirteen of them!

Laddy
06-16-2007, 03:00 AM
FFXIII sounds better but Versus sure does sound like it will kick ass! What I'm curious about is how these very different titles will relate to each other.

Hazzard
06-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Actually, from what I've heard of FF13, it sounds a bit better than Versus, and IMO Versus looks a little bit like an emo game. I like the characters of Agito too, there are thirteen of them!

I like the idea of Versus being "Emo", not the cutting wrists "Emo", but the emotional type. I look forward to pursuing the leads journey.

B-dup
06-19-2007, 04:58 AM
ya 13 looks better cuz its brighter and can see more details plus u can see wat the in game battles look like, the gravity feature is gonna be sick. versus will be good tho too i bet but i think itll be kh but with ff graphics

Vivisteiner
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
What Nomura said about FFvXIII:

"What I want to do is to examine the humanity of the characters in this game. This is not going to be a fantasy world in the traditional Final Fantasy sense. Rather it's based in the world today with all of this world's ugly issues. There's this mainstream tradition of Final Fantasy games and, in Versus I'm trying to propose new vision of how a Final Fantasy game can be. The game's going to be more human than the science-fiction caricature we so often see. It will focus around current world events - in that sense it's darker."

We wonder if this style is perhaps closer to Nomura's heart? "Yes, this game might be closer to my real-life taste than kingdom Hearts is, for example, but there are undoubtedly areas of crossover. Kingdom Hearts is an example of a game world which I have worked on which is full of good things, light and magic. That's fine but I've worked in these worlds for a long time, perhaps too long, and it's time to work on a new kind of world - a bleaker place. This kind of theme is traditionally unappealing to a mainstream audience who want to role-play in generally happy and safe worlds. It's a challenge."

Sounds very interesing. Im excited for both, although Im more excited for FFXIII atm, because its release date is sooner.

* White Aeris *
06-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Well, both look really good, especially graphic wise, but I must say I am looking forward to Versus more : )
The main guy in Versus looks awesome : D And I like the whole dark, mysterious theme to it, well, from the screenshots I've seen!

Nifleheim7
06-19-2007, 09:41 PM
What Nomura said about FFvXIII:

"What I want to do is to examine the humanity of the characters in this game. This is not going to be a fantasy world in the traditional Final Fantasy sense. Rather it's based in the world today with all of this world's ugly issues. There's this mainstream tradition of Final Fantasy games and, in Versus I'm trying to propose new vision of how a Final Fantasy game can be. The game's going to be more human than the science-fiction caricature we so often see. It will focus around current world events - in that sense it's darker."

We wonder if this style is perhaps closer to Nomura's heart? "Yes, this game might be closer to my real-life taste than kingdom Hearts is, for example, but there are undoubtedly areas of crossover. Kingdom Hearts is an example of a game world which I have worked on which is full of good things, light and magic. That's fine but I've worked in these worlds for a long time, perhaps too long, and it's time to work on a new kind of world - a bleaker place. This kind of theme is traditionally unappealing to a mainstream audience who want to role-play in generally happy and safe worlds. It's a challenge."

Sounds very interesing. Im excited for both, although Im more excited for FFXIII atm, because its release date is sooner.

Yeah,i remember reading that,sounds very cool!

Hyperion4444
06-29-2007, 03:49 AM
I would prefer XIII

Although, Versus will be different from traditionnal Final Fantasy RPG.
It's going to be more Action-Based RPG with elements of Shooter.
The world based much more like downtown Tokyo than mystical Fantasy.
And the game may not be seeing it's days until 09.

They are also working on Final Fantasy Dissidia for PSP.
Hell and Heaven Net // Movies & Trailers (http://www.hellandheavennet.com/movies.php)
The one on the bottom.
You'll see more action based RPG and familiar faces... who could be in it?

Hazzard
06-29-2007, 09:44 PM
You'll see more action based RPG and familiar faces... who could be in it?

Jesus Christ...it's a bird, no a plane, no a flaming masamune madman - it's SEPHIROTH!!!

Hyperion4444
07-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Versus looks too gloomy and dark...
not bad, just not for me.

Edit:

The main really appeals to me. He's entirely different in appearance than most of the other mains, but have any of you ever thought that this guy might not be quiet, mysterious and enigmatic, but completely the opposite...?

Yea, I like Mysterious/Enigmatic too. Just not Gloomy, Dark, Alone, Issolated, Boring(well, not for the action in any case..)

VeloZer0
07-10-2007, 11:11 PM
FFXIII Versus looks excellently gloomy and dark.

I guess if that is such a polarizing issue maybe two games is the right idea, one for each side.

Hazzard
07-10-2007, 11:16 PM
The main really appeals to me. He's entirely different in appearance than most of the other mains, but have any of you ever thought that this guy might not be quiet, mysterious and enigmatic, but completely the opposite...?