PDA

View Full Version : Favourite class for Ramza?

.:kerrod:.
06-03-2007, 11:07 AM
what is your personal favourite class to make ramza? i like to make him a ninja, but they have s:skull::skull::skull: defence, so i change him to a knight after a while (a bit of a disappointing class, but awesome defence and able to equip lots of defence-raising armor).

So what's your favourite class?

Ramza Beoulve
06-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I actually like the Squire class for him, I have feel it more balanced than any other class that I have tried on him. But I tend to play with the special commands with him, so after getting Ultima I tend to change his class sometimes

06-03-2007, 12:10 PM
yeah, about that, when does he get ultima?

and what does he say before he casts it? (not every time, but on occasion)

BG-57
06-03-2007, 01:55 PM
You are given only three chances to learn Ultima:

1) Gates of Limberry Castle: Celia and Lede will cast it as a last resort. The trick is to immobilize them without killing them. Equip everyone against status ailments (Death is nasty) and kill off the flunkies, then cast Don't Move on them. Lastly have Ramza as a Squire move just into spellcasting range. If he's hit and survives, he'll learn it. This is the best place to learn it.

2) Inside Limberry Castle: Celia and Lede become Ultima Demons, which can cast Ultima, but prefer not to.

3) Chapel of Murond Church: One of the demons with Zalbag is an Ultima Demon. Same ability to cast Ultima, along with the reluctance to cast it.

As for the best class, Squire has too many perks to pass up by Chapter 4. Note Ramza has a lot more flexibility with weapons and armor than a typical Squire.

Ramza Beoulve
06-04-2007, 06:34 AM
You are given only three chances to learn Ultima:

1) Gates of Limberry Castle: Celia and Lede will cast it as a last resort. The trick is to immobilize them without killing them. Equip everyone against status ailments (Death is nasty) and kill off the flunkies, then cast Don't Move on them. Lastly have Ramza as a Squire move just into spellcasting range. If he's hit and survives, he'll learn it. This is the best place to learn it.

2) Inside Limberry Castle: Celia and Lede become Ultima Demons, which can cast Ultima, but prefer not to.

3) Chapel of Murond Church: One of the demons with Zalbag is an Ultima Demon. Same ability to cast Ultima, along with the reluctance to cast it.

As for the best class, Squire has too many perks to pass up by Chapter 4. Note Ramza has a lot more flexibility with weapons and armor than a typical Squire.There's the answer to the first question, thank you BG

And for what he says when he casts Ultima, if my memory don't fails it goes like this "Brush off vanity and show reality! Ultima!"

Dark Messenger
06-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Ramza makes a good Bard, since his Faith can be as high as you want it without him leaving. And give him Talk Skill and Guts, then Scream a few times and Invite raises its percentage. Ramza and Reis make the best Mediators. Reis as a Dragoner also has high MA, and Ramza has Scream to get his own MA higher.

Peter_20
06-04-2007, 01:38 PM
I have him start off as a squire, then a Knight, and then a Ninja.

I love this party:

Ninja x 3
Summoner x 2

This is the best party I've tried so far; it rocked my socks.
Ninjas just kept fighting, and Summoners called the Summons.
If I needed healing, I just summoned Moogle. :D

Bolivar
06-05-2007, 01:34 AM
for some of the game i keep him as a monk, then i try to get two swords from the ninja job so i can hit with both fists for massive damage.

But as I get to later in the game, the Squire class becomes too good for him, heavy armor, the Yell command, learning ultima, alot of good things. by then two swords on him is adequate enough. sometimes i might give him punch art, for chakra and wave fist for long range.

Xatif
06-05-2007, 02:12 AM
I once made him go through all Jobs (Calculator and Mime included) And I pretty much enjoyed his Squire job. He keeps a lot of HP, he can move 4 panels away. I really made him powerful giving him the Samurai's Blade Grasp, The Calculator's Math Skill, the Ninja's Two Swords, and the Monk's Move-HP up. And not to forget he had 97 Brave. He was one mean killing machine. It's a shame that I no longer have that file. :(

hanawa
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Monk :love:

Item / Jump
Blade grasp
Throw / Equip armor / Secret Hunt
Move+3

Sefie1999AD
06-07-2007, 09:11 PM
My favorite setup for Ramza was to make him a Geomancer and give him the abilities Two Swords and Counter. That way he can use long-ranged Geomancer attacks to soften the enemies, he hits with two swords and whenever he's being attacked, there's a chance that he'll counter with his two swords.

Gilthanes
06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Funniest thing JUST happened actually, right now as I'm replaying the game. I'm on top of Riovanes Castle, I've got a generic ninja, mustadio, agrias, and ramza. First turn the Ninja gets the jump, runs up the front side of the assassins and does about 250 dmg to one of them. Next turn Rafa walks up next to the ninja and attacks that same assassin with her stick (Shes just barely above critical at this point). Next turn each assassin walks to the far side of the Roof and starts casting something on both Rafa and the Ninja. At this point I'm curious so I check to see their subcommands, and sure enough, no magic. So I realize, doy! They are using Ultima, never seen them cast that in this battle before

Alas, Ramza got hit by Ultima and no learning. What a shame, I thought maybe its actually possible to get Ultima before Chapter 4.

BG-57
06-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Even if Ramza was a Squire, he wouldn't learn Ultima. That's because the hidden slot for Ultima in Guts doesn't appear until Chapter 4, along with Scream.

Lynx
06-09-2007, 05:45 AM
for some reason i go straight for thief as soon as possible.

i know weak attack good speed and jump though. also the fact that i steal enemies weapons makes battles easier.

my best set up ever though.

knight

sword whatever/ guts
hamedo
two swords
move + 3

ragnarok and excalibur. equpiied with the best equipment for speed so i have a a knight with 2 swords that can move good distance and good speed and is dangerous to attack. also if i dont happen to ahve ragnarok save the queen can fill in. but excaliburs hatse is pretty important. and if still too far away eat rock from guts.

Maddness66
06-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Although, not the absolute strongest in terms of pure damage output. My best Ramza is a battle mage. Spend most the early game mastering Guts and lvling up as a monk. Around chapter 4 I switch back to Squire for good.

Skills:
Guts
Black Magic
Blade Grasp
Magic Atkup
Move +3

Equip:
Rune Sword
Aegis Shield
Grand Helmet
Robe of Lords
Bracer

As a squire/monk lvling up, I have a lot of HP, prot+shell=I don't die ever. And there is no running from me thanks to move+3 and black magic. All in all, despite me being a squire, black magic is still very powerful. (+3 MA+Scream) He may not be able to deal 400 damage per turn, but he's still the best around.

Suiko Jin
06-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Squire for me as well. I think right now I have him as a Ninja sub class though. He has a throw ability and can equip two swords. *Thumbs up*

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-03-2007, 06:35 AM
My favorite setup for Ramza was to make him a Geomancer and give him the abilities Two Swords and Counter. That way he can use long-ranged Geomancer attacks to soften the enemies, he hits with two swords and whenever he's being attacked, there's a chance that he'll counter with his two swords.

YES!

Except I forget what I do for his reaction ability, I think I use Counter Flood instead.

Snowy-Prower
07-24-2007, 10:24 PM
My Ramza.
Class: Squire.

Guts
Draw out
Bladegrasp
Twoswords
Move HP up

Items.

Excalibar
Chaos blade
Grand helmit
Maximillion
Genji gauntlet

My Ramza is easily one of the monsters on my team, the draw out, along with the scream skill makes him just as able damage wise as Orlandu. The excalibar gives him haste, the chaos blade, regen. Regen atop of Move HP up and marasame allows him to be self sufficent and heal others for a good amount of health. His high bravery combined with blade grasp gives him a unstopable attack defense, and with a bravery of 97, one scream at the begining of the fight and his hit percent is at zero, making enemies just run from him.

Demon Lancer
07-30-2007, 02:05 AM
Squire... Ultima for the win.

Ziekfried
08-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Squire

Guts
Draw Out
Abandon
Two Hands
Teleport

Escutcheon II
Chaos Blade
Grand Helm
Maximilian
Gengi Gauntlet

Lynx
08-18-2007, 01:02 AM
hard to remember its been so long.

but

squire

guts
steal
hamedo
two swords
ignore height

ragnarok
excalibur
thief hat
genji armor
geminas boots

Tidus StarWind
08-22-2007, 03:20 AM
I have a thing about getting all of the genji stuff and i always put it on ramza without the sheild I used the twohanded skill and had samari skills so i could be like one of the named guys lol... and i think as my other skill i used guts

Trisdyn
08-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Ramza's squire class definitely deserves the title of 'Uber Squire.'

I set up his abilities like so...

Guts
Battle Skill
Counter?
Two Swords
Move + 3

Battle Skill with two swords is really amazing. You can speed break someone and get up to -4 speed!

And Ramza's Scream is one of the best skills in the game.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-24-2007, 04:07 AM
Squire
Guts
Math Skills
Auto-Potion
Two-Swords (variable, there are many tasty abilities to use)
Move +3

09-01-2007, 01:49 PM
right now i have my ramza as a ninja with squire as his secondary because of ultima and scream, but his ultima sucks, i'm pretty sure he does much more damage with just his normal attack...