PDA

View Full Version : NRAAAH!!! $#@! it!!

gothic_fantasy
06-03-2007, 03:23 PM
I've just started chapter 4 now and I have 60% but my guide says I should have like 62%. I'm totally stumped cos I've followed the guide to the letter I consulted another one and it said the same thing. So I dunno what to do now should I just press on or restart? I've only got like 120 publicity points as well so I probably won't be able to finish the advertising thing either (don't try do it without a guide or you'll always say the wrong things!).
What do you guys think? I'm so confused and irritated!! Raaah!!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Cookie
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
You're pretty angry, join the dark side or something.

CimminyCricket
06-03-2007, 03:37 PM
HULK UP!!

gothic_fantasy
06-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I actually wanted to know if I should carry on or start again :(

You're pretty angry, join the dark side or something.
I'm actually very very sad.

samboo1
06-03-2007, 04:11 PM
It depends how bothered you are about getting 100% on this play through. You could always play through again on new game plus when you've finished this play through to get the extra % you missed.

It is kinda weird if you've followed every detail in the guide and havent got what you should have. Maybe the guide is off a little? I dunno...
If you are really bothered about getting 100% now, you may have to start over :eep:

Renmiri
06-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Happened to me too. Just restart if it bothers you. If not, go through this round and do new game plus and you will get 5% extra just for giving the Awesome Sphere to a different team :)

Jessweeee♪
06-04-2007, 02:16 AM
I KNO!!!!!

I followed the guide so closely, so, so, closely, and when I got to chapter five, THE MOONFLOW WASN'T A HOTSPOT!

I found out that just because you get the Gun Mage sphere from Tobli, doesn't mean you can get away with letting the bandits take one of the cases :P

BG-57
06-04-2007, 12:33 PM
New Game Plus+ is the best way to go. Most of the stuff you get in this game carries over to the next. That includes accumulated completion points.

I know how you feel. I ended my first playthrough with 99%. Those hidden fractional completion points did me in. :eep:

SeeDRankLou
06-05-2007, 02:25 AM
If you are using a 100%-In-One-Game Guide, then there's your problem. All guides on the internet save one (including the one on this site) are carbon copies of the guide used in the BradyGames strategy guide, which has a few problems with it. Go here:

Final Fantasy X-2 FAQs - Final Fantasy X-2 Walkthroughs - Final Fantasy X-2 Guides (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/562386.html)

and go to the guide called "Perfect Game Walkthrough". This is the only guide I've seen on the internet has fixed those two or three bugs in the BradyGames guide. Use this one, it's better.

Melodies_of_life
06-05-2007, 03:55 AM
Yeppers!!! FAQ's are the best way to go when it comes to this game!!! ( ^^^especially that FAQ^^^ ) The game guide is good on your second play....but other than that...

Jessweeee♪
06-05-2007, 03:59 AM
If you are using a 100%-In-One-Game Guide, then there's your problem. All guides on the internet save one (including the one on this site) are carbon copies of the guide used in the BradyGames strategy guide, which has a few problems with it. Go here:

Final Fantasy X-2 FAQs - Final Fantasy X-2 Walkthroughs - Final Fantasy X-2 Guides (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/562386.html)

and go to the guide called "Perfect Game Walkthrough". This is the only guide I've seen on the internet has fixed those two or three bugs in the BradyGames guide. Use this one, it's better.

Thanks for posting that, I was using it too. I would have gone back and fixed my previous mistake, then I would have still messed up DX

Mirage
06-05-2007, 05:59 AM
What does it matter, just do a new game plus.

gothic_fantasy
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Why play the game though twice when you can play it once and get it finished with? :-D

As for that guide, I actually went back to gameFAQs and got that guide before even reading this thread again. I restarted my game and am now at 68%. It's a great guide, very precise. I just wanna know, do you have to beat Trema to get 100% or just get the spheres in Via Infinito? Cos I think you could only get those high levels on a new game plus unless you spend hours and hours fighting in your first play-through.

SeeDRankLou
06-11-2007, 11:21 PM
You do have to beat Trema. However, if you go through the whole game, doing everything you are suppose to do, and maybe save the Via Infinito for last, by the time you get all the way down to Trema you should be fine level-wise.

Besides, you characters are reset to level 1 in a new game+ (though abilities are saved), so you have to get to high levels in one playthrough.

Tavrobel
06-12-2007, 12:27 AM
You do have to beat Trema. However, if you go through the whole game, doing everything you are suppose to do, and maybe save the Via Infinito for last, by the time you get all the way down to Trema you should be fine level-wise.

Besides, you characters are reset to level 1 in a new game+ (though abilities are saved), so you have to get to high levels in one playthrough.

No, you don't. If you joined the Youth League, the only thing you have to do is get to level 60 and watched the dropped Spheres. That should push you to 100.2 (maybe 100.4). There's a total of 4.something (I know the ones place is a four) extra points in the game. 2 are in the Yevon group (99 max), and the rest are in the Youth League.

You should be able to powerlevel in the Cave where you fight the Machina Crawler. The Machina only perform Thunder and physical attacks. Takes at most 4 hours.

I do believe that this thread title is exactly the sound I made when I logged into DII for the first time in months and half of my characters nearly expired. Way to watch my account, SRL.

SeeDRankLou
06-12-2007, 01:16 AM
No, you don't. If you joined the Youth League, the only thing you have to do is get to level 60 and watched the dropped Spheres. That should push you to 100.2 (maybe 100.4). There's a total of 4.something (I know the ones place is a four) extra points in the game. 2 are in the Yevon group (99 max), and the rest are in the Youth League.

You should be able to powerlevel in the Cave where you fight the Machina Crawler. The Machina only perform Thunder and physical attacks. Takes at most 4 hours.

I do believe that this thread title is exactly the sound I made when I logged into DII for the first time in months and half of my characters nearly expired. Way to watch my account, SRL.

Ok, first of all, it takes 90 days of inactivity for an account and 65 days of inactivity for a character for them to be deleted. Seeing as how I checked all of your characters late May, your stuff is fine, calm down. I said I would make sure none of your stuff got deleted, I said nothing about perming a mule for you. There wasn't anything good on that mule in the first place, I really don't understand why or how your throwing a fit about this.

Second, I have personally verified by doing a 0.2% event that you do need to beat Trema for the 100% in one game walkthrough. You'll have exactly 96.0% right after you go to do the least events on the Celsius and before you go down to the farplane and finish the game. You need to beat Trema, there are scenes before and after you beat him that are worth percentage.

Markus. D
06-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Why play the game though twice when you can play it once and get it finished with? :-D

Because the game is about 13 times more awesome to play alone then most FFs~

Tavrobel
06-12-2007, 02:14 AM
There wasn't anything good on that mule in the first place, I really don't understand why or how your throwing a fit about this.

There wasn't? I could've sworn that I put a bunch of stuff on there, and it was a character I was planning on developing, not a mule. I didn't expect you to perm a mule, but I did mention I had a character that needed to be checked. This was awhile ago that I found this out, SRL. For compensation, I get 2 verbal reminders and a bitch slap.

*bitch slaps*

Anyways, I'm fairly sure that you don't need to beat Trema. Also, the first and ending parts of your second paragraph are contradictory. I assume that you meant "you do need to beat Trema." I'll concede that I might have done this after a New Game+, but my memory sticks out like a ice pick on this one.

gothic_fantasy
06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Well, ahem...back on topic, I can safely say you must defeat Trema to get 100% as I did everything else before I [eventually!] defeated him...only when I defeated him did I get to my checkpoint...Paragon is damn hard...trust me, you MUST have Yunas's mascot dressphere and learn the Moogle abilities they really help. Anyways, I'm on 94% and going strong! On level 80 so everything is just dying in my path. It's....okay.

~:mog:

Renmiri
06-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Second, I have personally verified by doing a 0.2% event that you do need to beat Trema for the 100% in one game walkthrough. You'll have exactly 96.0% right after you go to do the least events on the Celsius and before you go down to the farplane and finish the game. You need to beat Trema, there are scenes before and after you beat him that are worth percentage.

Wrong. I got 100% way before I beat Trema.

All you need to do is to get to the 20th floor of the dungeon to get the last Crimson Sphere.

Sword
06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
It's impossible to get 100% in one playthrough

I haven't fought Trema yet OR found the last crimson sphere and I got 100%

SeeDRankLou
06-18-2007, 11:34 PM

Wrong. I got 100% way before I beat Trema.

All you need to do is to get to the 20th floor of the dungeon to get the last Crimson Sphere.
Mmmmm......ok.....except for no. It is not possible to get more than 96% before you go to the farplane abyss, the remainder of the story being worth 4%. Unless you did it in a New Game+, which would defeat the whole purpose of a 100% in One Game playthrough.

It's impossible to get 100% in one playthrough.

I haven't fought Trema yet OR found the last crimson sphere and I got 100%
No, it is quite possible. Many people have done it.

Markus. D
06-20-2007, 11:24 AM

To catch up in levels you can always turn to lady luck (triple exp D:)