PDA

View Full Version : Sock racism

DK
06-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Now, I could and would never claim to be one of those fashionable types. The concept of "fashion" pretty much just sails right over my head, I neither know nor do I care about what "the new black" is or what underpants I should be cavorting about in to be "hip" this season. I am what I am and I wear what I like, god damnit! As long as it is comfortable and I like the look of it, then it's good enough for me.

But the thing I've never understood, over all other fashion related daftness, is the whole hatred of white socks. What on earth is wrong with white socks?

"YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO WEAR WHITE SOCKS WITH BLACK TROUSERS!" you cry. Why not? I, for one, have never thought it looked that bad at all. Would it look better if I wore one mauve sock and one turquoise one with black trousers? I think that would look rather silly! More so than black trousers with white socks does. But like I said, I know bugger all about such concepts, which is why I turn to you fine people for enlightenment. Why do you hate white socks so much? If I wore white shoes and trousers, would wearing black socks also be a "fashion faux-pas"? Would it be better to wear no socks at all? Surely, one white sock and one white sock would be the ultimate balance? I would like to hear your thoughts on this matter.

CimminyCricket
06-03-2007, 04:50 PM
My socks never match as is, so I don't have a problem with white socks or which socks to wear with what.

Tavrobel
06-03-2007, 04:53 PM
I wear purple socks. Always.

Goldenboko
06-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Chocobos don't wear socks.

CimminyCricket
06-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Why not? It's possible that it'd be much less painful on the feet if they where covered with cloth.

Jowy
06-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Today is the first time in about a month I made the effort to wear matching socks.

I always just wear white socks regardless. Nobody sees them anyway!

Goldenboko
06-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Why not? It's possible that it'd be much less painful on the feet if they where covered with cloth.

Our feet are far more durable then your weak human feet and never cause us pain, besides have you ever thought how much of a pain it would be to design a sock for this?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/Goldenboco/chocobofoot.jpg

Tavrobel
06-03-2007, 05:10 PM
The only reason socks are around is because of shoes, not because of the durability of the human foot. Shoes are because of our feet. Back in the day, you had to clean your own feet, instead of anyone else.

Plus, socks based on chocobo feet could be designed. Easily.

Goldenboko
06-03-2007, 05:14 PM
The only reason socks are around is because of shoes, not because of the durability of the human foot. Shoes are because of our feet. Back in the day, you had to clean your own feet, instead of anyone else.

Our talons would rip right through pathetic cloth :mad2:

~*~Celes~*~
06-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Make the socks outta metal!

Anyway, I don't think it matters if you have matching socks or not. If someone doesn't like the fact that your socks don't match, who cares what they think? As long as you even have socks to wear, you're okay.

StarlightAngel
06-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Eh, I wear white socks always, unless I'm at home and it's a warm enough day not to need socks. The only time I don't wear white socks is for marching/band, because they insist that either you wear black socks or you lose points.

~*~Celes~*~
06-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Eh, I wear white socks always, unless I'm at home and it's a warm enough day not to need socks. The only time I don't wear white socks is for marching/band, because they insist that either you wear black socks or you lose points.

I can sympathize...One more year of that for me! :p We have to wear white socks for parades though, so it's okay <3

Tavrobel
06-03-2007, 06:01 PM

Now that we have arrived in the twentifirst century, there was new invention called "plastic." Plastic tipped socks with a cloth interweave. Alternatively, you could stuff the socks with cotton balls. Prevents sliding, reduces chaffing, and is cheap and effective.

Goldenboko
06-03-2007, 06:05 PM

Now that we have arrived in the twentifirst century, there was new invention called "plastic." Plastic tipped socks with a cloth interweave. Alternatively, you could stuff the socks with cotton balls. Prevents sliding, reduces chaffing, and is cheap and effective.

It would still be a pointless invention, Chocobos have no need for socks!

escobert
06-03-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm very happy when I actually seem to find a match for my sock.

Tavrobel
06-03-2007, 06:35 PM

What if they were gold socks? And Chocobo shoes are very stylish when used properly.

Christmas
06-03-2007, 06:37 PM
It will be easier to get into action without socks (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/105520-socks-sex.html). :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
06-03-2007, 06:41 PM
As long as I have two socks that fit and aren't so riddled with holes as to be useless, I am happy.

Cz
06-03-2007, 07:26 PM
White socks with black trousers are ace mod fashion. I must have three or four pairs of white socks that I use for just such a purpose. :cool:

That said, about 75% of my socks are black. I'm boring and conformist like that.

Rantz
06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Dirt is more visible on white socks, so if you wear black socks you can get away with not changing them that often :bigsmile:

theundeadhero
06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
My socks are almost always white, but one white sock hardly ever matches the other white sock on my feet.

Goldenboko
06-03-2007, 08:09 PM

What if they were gold socks? And Chocobo shoes are very stylish when used properly.

Chocobo shoes are ok... but socks, never!

Old Manus
06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Needs more Chicago White Sox jokes.

Jess
06-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Wear white socks with black trousers all you like, I say! However, white socks with black shoes is a nono. :mad2:

DK
06-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Wear white socks with black trousers all you like, I say! However, white socks with black shoes is a nono. :mad2:

Give a reason, Sunderland loving witch! :mad2:

Zeldy
06-03-2007, 10:24 PM
My school has a rule on socks xD if you were Black pants you HAVE to wear Black socks, otherwise DETENTION.

Jess
06-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Give a reason, Sunderland loving witch! :mad2:
Don't ever mention me and those mackems in the same sentance again! :mad2:

Black trainers and white socks are fine and stuff but just if you're going out somewhere and are wearing black shoe shoes then black socks are a must. They just look better and smarter, you Newky Brown binging arse! ;)

Tavrobel
06-03-2007, 10:32 PM

You need socks with shoes, otherwise it'll ruin the shoes and chafe your leg away.

Goldenboko
06-03-2007, 10:35 PM

You need socks with shoes, otherwise it'll ruin the shoes and chafe your leg away.

Not if the Shoes are made out of Gold... and what did I say about Chocobo feet? Much better then human (no chaffing).

DK
06-03-2007, 10:43 PM
My school has a rule on socks xD if you were Black pants you HAVE to wear Black socks, otherwise DETENTION.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long while.

escobert
06-03-2007, 11:34 PM

that's why school is dumb and you should drop out.

Tavrobel
06-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Not if the Shoes are made out of Gold... and what did I say about Chocobo feet? Much better then human (no chaffing).

If they were made of gold metal, you would get gold poisoning up the wazoo.

They are also thinner and more brittle.

Anaisa
06-03-2007, 11:51 PM
They don't actually have the authority to enforce those silly rules though.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing white socks with black pants. I do think having pants so short you can see a lot of sock is bad though.

Agrias
06-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Oh dear god i never though your message would be so long.
I came in here expecting something like "Yes socks have races as well" or something like that. ... instead ....i find this.....

But yea, socks dont really matter if you're gonna have them covered and have shoes on the entire time. Only when you know you're gonna take off your shoes should you be worried.

Goldenboko
06-04-2007, 12:09 AM

Oh well good thing I don't wear shoes.

Vikeve
06-04-2007, 01:10 AM
My socks never match as is, so I don't have a problem with white socks or which socks to wear with what.

my socks never match but on the rare occasion that they do I tell everyone about it.

I wear purple socks. Always.
I love you

Wearing shoes with no socks is bad for your feet or claws tisk tisk.

Mirage
06-04-2007, 03:30 AM
I'm a sock racist. I hate white socks.

Fonzie
06-04-2007, 03:31 AM
I really don't wear socks. You can call me the "nudist" of foot wear. :rolleyes2

Shiny
06-04-2007, 04:32 AM
I hate those black socks. They're always rapping and saying things like, "yo". I'm completely against yo.

However, white socks with black shoes is a nono. :mad2:
Michael Jackson doesn't think so. Hee hee!

Harroldo
06-04-2007, 06:00 AM
i always thought its was any shorts with black tube socks up to mid shin and usually associated with the elderly men

Rengori
06-04-2007, 07:07 AM
My pants are baggy enough to cover up my socks, so it doesn't matter.

Xaven
06-04-2007, 07:31 AM
I only wear white socks unless I'm dressing up which means black dress socks. :D I don't ever wear black pants when I'm dressing casually, so I don't have much of a stance on mixing white socks with black pants. :O

I've never really tried inter-racial sock couples. They look fine on others though.

Loony BoB
06-04-2007, 11:59 AM
In a business suit, I guess it's just 'not done' and I got told it and went 'okay' because I simply go with whatever works when it comes to business dress. However, with black jeans or whatever, I don't see the problem. If you're not in the office or with a client it shouldn't matter.

No.78
06-04-2007, 12:05 PM
No one can see your socks, so, it doesn't really matter.

My socks have days written on them, for example, today it's Friday AND Saturday at the same time, when in fact it's Monday.

blackmage_nuke
06-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Reading the word sock too many times feels weird

I like white socks and black trousers, makes me feel like a chess board

Bunny
06-04-2007, 01:38 PM

that's why school is dumb and you should drop out.

Bert: Helping kids out with good advice since 2001.

I do not wear black pants. I win! I win!

Behold the Void
06-04-2007, 04:44 PM
White socks are ugly and draw attention to your feet. I only wear black socks (that all my shoes are black helps that).

bipper
06-04-2007, 04:50 PM
White socks are ugly and draw attention to your feet. I only wear black socks (that all my shoes are black helps that).

Socks are for those losers that wear underwear. You people disgust me.

Tallulah
06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I am wearing one pink, and one white sock.

They were the closest clean socks, and I couldn't be bothered to find the pairs. :p

CimminyCricket
06-04-2007, 06:09 PM

my socks never match but on the rare occasion that they do I tell everyone about it.

As do I. I probably do it differently than you though. I'll jump on the back of the person I'm telling and yell into their ear, "GUESS WHAT?! MY SOCKS MATCH!" In which case I will pull my pant legs up to reveal my socks. Or I'll just not do that cause I wear shorts most of the time.

Peegee
06-04-2007, 08:26 PM
My socks are all dulled up and stuff, so what does it matter?

I just don't like white socks on black slacks because it looks childish.

Quindiana Jones
06-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Firstly, I think we'd all prefer it if you didn't wear any underwear, DK.

Secondly, I don't like wearing white socks with black trousers. Dunno why. I just don't like socks at all. So black socks pl0x. But I don't care too much, I'll wear 'em if they're there.

Just buy as many bright socks as you can and wear them oddly. That way people won't think you've got no fashion sense 'n' stuff, they'll just think you're WACKY!

licence
06-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Well I only have black socks or white socks. White for jeans etc, black for anything else.

Xander
06-04-2007, 11:37 PM
I think I would like someone to wear white socks and black trousers because they would almost look a bit like a panda...

Rye
06-05-2007, 12:21 AM
I love ALL socks. :bigsmile:

yanis
06-05-2007, 04:12 AM
I love ALL socks. :bigsmile:
Me too, I'm not a racist...but I wear only white socks!!!:bgl:

musicsoccer
06-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Private schools can basically do whatever the hell they want. I went to a private gradeschool and highschool from K - 12 grade. You couldn't have untucked shirts, guys had to wear a certain tie, white button shirt (tucked in and it had to be plain no designs), black pants, black socks, and black shoes. if anything was off then you get an instant detention. Girls had to wear a certain skirt (plaid) with a button shirt non designed tucked in, maroon, black socks or stockings and black shoes. And your undershirt had to be plain with no designs or else thats another detention. IT SUCKED. And we couldn't swear worth :skull::skull::skull::skull: (detention x.x) we couldn't do anything fun (detention and sometimes suspension) and you couldn't skip school (suspension) it was hell.

But imo i don't care about white/black socks. I usually wear both (whatever i get my hands on and that's clean)

CimminyCricket
06-05-2007, 02:04 PM
You skip school so you get suspended? What the hell?

Breine
06-05-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't care which colour socks I have on.. at all. My dad gets annoyed whenever I wear white socks because he obviously doesn't think it looks good or something like that.. :eep: It doesn't matter what colour they are, as long as they are tennis socks.. they are so comfortable.

Anaisa
06-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Private schools can basically do whatever the hell they want. I went to a private gradeschool and highschool from K - 12 grade. You couldn't have untucked shirts, guys had to wear a certain tie, white button shirt (tucked in and it had to be plain no designs), black pants, black socks, and black shoes. if anything was off then you get an instant detention. Girls had to wear a certain skirt (plaid) with a button shirt non designed tucked in, maroon, black socks or stockings and black shoes. And your undershirt had to be plain with no designs or else thats another detention. IT SUCKED. And we couldn't swear worth :skull::skull::skull::skull: (detention x.x) we couldn't do anything fun (detention and sometimes suspension) and you couldn't skip school (suspension) it was hell.

But imo i don't care about white/black socks. I usually wear both (whatever i get my hands on and that's clean)Oh I was refering to comprehensive schools.

licence
06-05-2007, 11:35 PM

But imo i don't care about white/black socks. I usually wear both (whatever i get my hands on and that's clean)

Ummm, in Britain pretty much every school makes you wear uniform. I don't mind it in all honesty.

Anaisa
06-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Ummm, in Britain pretty much every school makes you wear uniform. I don't mind it in all honesty.Not "makes" tells you to. There is an enormous difference.

licence
06-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Well, tells you to yes, but if you disobey, you can be punished and in my school sent from your normal class route. So effectively, if you don't wear the uniform, you don't get your proper classes, and that IMO is the same as making you. Well it would only apply if you actually give a toss about your education.

Anaisa
06-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Well, tells you to yes, but if you disobey, you can be punished and in my school sent from your normal class route. So effectively, if you don't wear the uniform, you don't get your proper classes, and that IMO is the same as making you. Well it would only apply if you actually give a toss about your education. If they tell you that you can't take part in your usual classes because you're not in correct uniform an they don't actually have a right to do that, but you just follow what they say, that's not the same as making you, that's you obliging them. Going in your own clothes when you're supposed to wear a uniform, I very much doubt you'd get away with. However, when it comes to things like how long a girl's skirt should be, what colour socks people should be wearing etc, they don't have a leg to stand on. I've challenged the uniform code at every school I've ever attended over little things like that, an I got my own way every time.

sockmonkey
06-06-2007, 04:44 AM

Gold poisoning? Isn't gold inert?

I have a dozen pairs of identical grey socks. Issue solved, no mismatches fashion or otherwise.
Cower before my practicallity.