PDA

View Full Version : Quina: Monsters of Interest

Zora
06-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Okay after hearing about a battle where you have to fight using Quina (against Lich), and reading I will get him back, I am wondering what monsters I should feed him in order to get good blue magic. I just got to the point where Lindblum was taken over, and I made it back to the overworld (and got horribly lost in it with each passing battle being utterly boring because the enemies are so easy here. And their loves slaps waste my trances).

I also want a healing spell which may help... (PS: He as Angle's Snack (a Remedy in blue magic form) and Matra Magic (reduces enemy to 1 HP when hit)

Jaffamitsu
06-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Right for a healing spell, you can get White Wind which will replenish the HP of all party members..you learn this from Zuu (Cleyra's Trunk), Griffin (Fossil Roo,Forest outside Black mage village,outer continent),Garuda (Esto Gaza,Forest from alternate exit of Gizamaluke's Grotto) or Zemzelett (Forest Maze). Magic hammer might also be good for fighting Lich as it reduces an enemys MP..this is learnt from a Magic Vice (Burmecian Kingdom) or a Ring Commander (Terra), Frog Drop is one of the best blue magics but is affected by how many frogs you have caught in Qu's Marsh such as if Quina is at level 40 and you have caught 50 frogs then the damage equals the multiple of the two ( 50 x 40 = 2000 damage), you learn it from the Gigan Toad at Qu's Marsh...the attack is also non elemental and never misses....Not all the enemy locations i have noted are accessible at your current location but thought i would list them for you anyway...

Goldenboko
06-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Don't worry too much though Lich is a total Wuss.

Zora
06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
^I managed to get White Wind going through Fossil Roo. I assume it is just like FFV. Recovers everyones HP depending on the base HP of the caster?

And how do I get frog drop?

Goldenboko
06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Eat a Gigan Toad, you can usually find them at Qu's Marsh I believe.

cloud21zidane16
06-04-2007, 09:59 PM
also incase you dont no, the more frogs quina catches the stronger frog drop gets, it can go up to 9999

daggertrepe
06-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Don't worry too much though Lich is a total Wuss.

Yeah. Craken is much worse. :rolleyes2

Ender
06-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Once you can travel the seas, I highly recommend traveling to the icey northwestern continent and walking along the beach until you find a Zombie Whale. You can learn 'Level 5 Death' from it (works the same as in FFV) which makes leveling-up a piece of cake once you find the place to use it.

The Blue Magic I use the most (besides the LV 5 Death "trick" for level-grinding) have already been mentioned: White Wind, Frog Drop, and Magic Hammer (a truly awesome spell given the right circumstances).

I'll occaisionally use Bad Breath--which you can get from Anemones on the Salvage Islands IIRC once you can travel the seas.

Pick up Mighty Guard--casting Shell and Protect on the entire party with a single spell is occaisionally useful--from the Serpions outside of the Lindblum.

darksword12
06-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Sahagins give Aqua Breath, and Lich gives Earth Shake, adding 2 good attack spells to Quina's arsenal.

Cactuars give 1,000 Needles, which deals a guaranteed 1,000 damage. Not so useful later, but it's a solid attack.

P.S.: Good for you for getting White Wind. It's one of the better spells out there.