PDA

View Full Version : Dunky dunk

Xander
06-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Sorry if there has been a similar thread at all.. :)

What are your favourite biscuits to dunk? I'm thinking of, in tea, but you may like to dunk them elsewhere!

Share your good and bad dunking experiences ^_^

I am dunking chocolate caramel digestives at the moment and I think they are one of the best to dunk cos the chocolate and caramel goes all melty together but it doesnt fall apart easily :D

I was gonna ask more questions but the word dunk is starting to look weird.... X_X

loben
06-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't dunk anything, I just inhale my food and be done with it.

oddler
06-05-2007, 12:12 AM
The amount of salsa I scoop onto tortilla chips could count as dunking, I suppose. :p

I don't do dunking.

StarlightAngel
06-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I dunk oreos in milk...?

Rye
06-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Cookies dunked in milk is very yummy. :]

DK
06-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Rich tea biscuits in tea or nothing.

Momiji
06-05-2007, 01:26 AM

What are your favourite biscuits to dunk? I'm thinking of, in tea, but you may like to dunk them elsewhere!

I am dunking chocolate caramel digestives at the moment and I think they are one of the best to dunk cos the chocolate and caramel goes all melty together but it doesnt fall apart easily :D

I was gonna ask more questions but the word dunk is starting to look weird.... X_X

Does digestive=laxative? I've never heard of a dunkable item as a 'digestive'. xD

Shiny
06-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Chocolate chip cookies in milk is tasty. Does that count?

loben
06-05-2007, 05:23 AM
my brother in the pool. does that count?:D

Jessweeee♪
06-05-2007, 05:24 AM
COOKIES

I can't say cookie in chat anymore. Cookie gets mad :(

Fonzie
06-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Why not "The Dunk"? :confused:

Meat Puppet
06-05-2007, 08:15 AM
scotch fingures

Little Blue
06-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Digestive biscuits + tea is :love: Its one of the only reasons I drink tea!

Though I don't like the biscuity gunk that gathers in the bottom of your cup if the biscuit disintegrates or something.

No.78
06-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I don't do dunkin, dig?

Tallulah
06-05-2007, 09:50 AM

Does digestive=laxative? I've never heard of a dunkable item as a 'digestive'. xD

In this context, digestive =/= laxative. A digestive is a kind of cookie in Britain, often covered in chocolate, plain or milk, and most recently, with Cadbury's chocolate.

An actual study (a proper study funded by a university, though I forget which one...) was taken as to the best cookie (or biscuit as we say) to dunk. Hob Nobs (an oaty cookie) won out, as they stand up to the temperature of hot drinks, whilst other inferior types of cookie (such as Rich Tea) will just disintegrate and leave you with that sloppy crumby stuff in the bottom of your cup!

The study also reveals that Jaffa Cakes (a spongey chocolate covered disc with a bit of orange jelly in the middle) are perfect to dunk in... orange juice?! :confused:

o_O
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
In this context, digestive =/= laxative. A digestive is a kind of cookie in Britain, often covered in chocolate, plain or milk, and most recently, with Cadbury's chocolate.

An actual study (a proper study funded by a university, though I forget which one...) was taken as to the best cookie (or biscuit as we say) to dunk. Hob Nobs (an oaty cookie) won out, as they stand up to the temperature of hot drinks, whilst other inferior types of cookie (such as Rich Tea) will just disintegrate and leave you with that sloppy crumby stuff in the bottom of your cup!

They're called digestives because they contain a lot of fibre which keeps you regular, so to speak. :p

And Hob Nobs are magically delicious.

DK
06-05-2007, 12:47 PM

I guess I have rich tea biscuit handling skill then because that never happens to me :cool:

Madame Adequate
06-05-2007, 12:51 PM

I guess I have rich tea biscuit handling skill then because that never happens to me :cool:

qft. Do these the dumbs just let the biccy sit in the cup or something?

DK
06-05-2007, 12:57 PM
It's a high risk/high payoff anyway. The softer they get the better it is when you eat them, but too long and you get the falling in gunk. HOW LONG DO YOU DARE TO DUNK?

musicsoccer
06-05-2007, 01:05 PM
lol this is gonna gross people out but i used to do this and sometimes still do:

i dunk my pizza crust in pepsi/coke (ITS GOOD)

i dunk cookies in milk, i dunk donuts in milk too... um.... thats all i can think of right now too early

Levian
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
No, I eat them raw, that's how savage I am.

Xander
06-05-2007, 07:24 PM
It's a high risk/high payoff anyway. The softer they get the better it is when you eat them, but too long and you get the falling in gunk. HOW LONG DO YOU DARE TO DUNK?

Definately! I try and push it a bit further each time... :D the caramel holds these together pretty well. I like rich teas but I can never find rich tea with chocolate on now?? Whats with that...

Jess
06-05-2007, 07:27 PM
I like rich tea biscuits - with or without chocolate. :jess:

CADBURY even make their own rich tea biscuits now... yum. :

Sergeant Hartman
06-05-2007, 07:31 PM
http://www.britannia-shop.de/media/FoxCrunchCreamsGolden.JPG

Zeldy
06-05-2007, 07:49 PM
skip to 1minute for answer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0FQoU2UYqo)
Hobnobs. obv.

Renmiri
06-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Biscotti to dunk in my mocchacino

God that sounds sooo Yuppie / NYorker ;)

Anaisa
06-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't dunk biscuits in my drink, I don't want to eat a soggy biscuit.

DK
06-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Definately! I try and push it a bit further each time... :D the caramel holds these together pretty well. I like rich teas but I can never find rich tea with chocolate on now?? Whats with that...

I have to be honest, I didn't even know that there ever was Rich Tea biscuits with chocolate. That sounds kinda gross anyway. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/redsick.gif

Levian
06-05-2007, 11:52 PM
That sounds kinda gross anyway. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/redsick.gif

I see EoFF's smileys are not good enough for Princess DK.

DK
06-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Not my fault you people refuse to upload new and clearly superior ones. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/redsick.gif