PDA

View Full Version : ??????

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-05-2007, 02:25 AM
I don't know why but...I don't like my Wii anymore. The days when I was fascinated with the Wii are long gone. Maybe it's because of the lack of upcoming Wii RPGs.

Maybe it's because the novelty of the Wii remote wore off. Or maybe I'm frustrated because I can't get the Wi-Fi on my Wii to work...I'm not sure what it is but I don't want to own a Wii anymore and I'd like to sell it but Gamestop and the local pawn shop will probaby rip me off.

Because nobody wants to pay the cash equivalent of $249.99 for a second hand Wii.

NINJA_Ryu
06-05-2007, 05:31 AM
june 19th will change everything.

ljkkjlcm9
06-05-2007, 05:37 AM
go join the other little boy who is complaining about a console not having enough in the first few months of its release: http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/105199-wii-sucks.html

How long did the 360 take? What did you expect from the Wii at this point? Do you have any idea what is planned for the Wii? The Wii has a very bright future, stop being so pessimistic and look to the future.

THE JACKEL

Fonzie
06-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Thread should of been titled "Wii Problem".

White Raven
06-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Just curious, but what games did you have for it and tried?

I have Wii Games and Play, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Super Paper Mario, and Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I always have a hard time deciding what to play. Even with the relatively small amount of games out for it thus far, I have managed to find a set of good quality games. And this set it bound to expand with other games (Super Smash Bros. Brawl :D) being released.

I've even been using it as a fancy Game Cube playing games I havn't beat yet for Game Cube.

But if you have gotten bored of it, so be it.

Your loss.

Madame Adequate
06-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah.

I coulda told you this would happen.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-05-2007, 03:46 PM
I guess I'll keep my Wii because my nephew will be really disappointed if I sell it and if I give it to my nephew his stupid-ass father will sell it just so he can go out to the fucking club on Saturday night.

ljkkjlcm9
06-05-2007, 05:14 PM
any game system is a long term investment, you expect too much too soon

THE JACKEL

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-05-2007, 05:50 PM
any game system is a long term investment, you expect too much too soon

THE JACKAL

I guess but I'm kind of pissed off because I can't get the Wi-Fi on my Wii to work and I was looking forward to downloading old school games from the Virtual Console.

Dragoon Kain
06-05-2007, 05:54 PM
whats it say when you try to connect to wifi?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Well in order to get the Wi-Fi on my Wii to work I need a Wi-Fi USB connector or a Wii LAN Adapter and I need to download the software to a internet ready computer but...when I'm downloading the software it's too fucking slow and eventually my computer screen freezes up.

Dreddz
06-05-2007, 09:17 PM
While I want to laugh in your face and tell you to sell it, I dont think your really being fair on your console. In my opinion, the only big game, and I mean big big game, was Zelda. Wait a few months for more of the major Nintendo titles to be released. I mean, those are why you bought the system, right ? Metroid Prime 3 is out in August, I think. But to be honest, you bought a Nintendo console. Did you really expect games to be being released non stop.

And I was telling everyone that this was going to happen. The Wii is a not a system you'd want to be playing for 5 or so years. Good thing its cheap.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-05-2007, 09:45 PM
While I want to laugh in your face and tell you to sell it, I dont think your really being fair on your console. In my opinion, the only big game, and I mean big big game, was Zelda. Wait a few months for more of the major Nintendo titles to be released. I mean, those are why you bought the system, right ? Metroid Prime 3 is out in August, I think. But to be honest, you bought a Nintendo console. Did you really expect games to be being released non stop.

And I was telling everyone that this was going to happen. The Wii is a not a system you'd want to be playing for 5 or so years. Good thing its cheap.

No I didn't expect games to be released non stop I said I don't like my Wii anymore because I can't get the Wi-Fi to work dumb-ass! Read the fucking posts!

Dreddz
06-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Whats with the ten or so reasons you highlighted then, how was I supposed to know you were lying about all of that and really only meant the Wi-Fi. I guess putting maybe in front of every point you made was making it easier on me, what a fool I am!

Roogle
06-06-2007, 12:36 AM

No I didn't expect games to be released non stop I said I don't like my Wii anymore because I can't get the Wi-Fi to work dumb-ass! Read the smurfing posts!

Please respect your fellow users, John_912 and Dreddz.

KentaRawr!
06-06-2007, 01:17 AM
While the same would happen with any system, it truly is seeming to have a very Gamecube-like future. There are a few games I could mention that are announced that I'm looking forward to, (Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl) but other than that, not very much. It looks like it may end up riding on 2nd and 1st Parties, like the GCN did.

Now, of course, this is about the Wi-Fi thing, so I suppose I'll just tell you that the Virtual Console is over-priced, but still pretty cool. I've downloaded 7 games from it, all of which I really like. The Internet browser is nice, but is really only good for playing Mouse-Only flash games and Full Screen Youtube. The Voting Channel is interesting for a bit, but most likely won't be the most fun you have with the Wii. >_> The News channel is, well, news. Nothing cool there. The Weather Channel, the same as News. So don't be TOO upset with your Wii.

Spawn of Sephiroth
06-06-2007, 01:31 AM
I am in the same boat as you are. Sorta. Me, I loved mine at first. It was all I did was play my Wii, but now it isn't fun anymore. The game selection is poor and all I do on mine anymore is play my GC games. Honestly, about the only thing that I am even the least bit eager for the Wii is gonna be the Smash Brothers game and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. Also, I am really looking forward for the Wii version of Resident Evil 4. If it wasn't for that, I would probably sell mine to my buddy because he is wanting one bad.

ljkkjlcm9
06-06-2007, 03:20 AM
I laugh at every single person in this thread, especially those already making predictions about the consoles future. If people made predictions like this at the beginning of the DS, and actually believed them, well....

The Wii is starting off slightly better than the DS(at least in terms of game library). But look at where the DS is now.

oh, and to say that it'll rely on 1st/2nd party games is just hilarious, especially considering all the third parties interested in it. I expected the Wii to start slow, just like the DS, it's only a matter of time til it picks up with 3rd parties knowing what they're doing.

THE JACKEL

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Right now the only thing that I'm looking forward to is the possibility of Lego Batman being released on the Wii.

Slothy
06-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I laugh at every single person in this thread, especially those already making predictions about the consoles future. If people made predictions like this at the beginning of the DS, and actually believed them, well....

The Wii is starting off slightly better than the DS(at least in terms of game library). But look at where the DS is now.

As it stands right now, it makes sense to say that it will be supported largely by Nintendo made products since third parties have yet to even announce anything that could be considered a killer app, or which really takes advantage of the controller. I also worry that the announcement of major titles for it by third parties will be few and far between if they happen at all. The Wii is by and large a causal system; something for those who want to have some fun with friends on the weekend, or who rarely played games before this. It's not exactly a prime market for the MGS's of the world. In fact, given the market and the easy development, with low dev costs, I think it may actually discourage a lot of companies from putting major titles on it. I agree with the let's wait and see attitude, but it would be foolish to ignore the fact that the future doesn't look overly promising as far as third party titles are concerned.

JKTrix
06-06-2007, 01:53 PM
That's why Nintendo is allowing Manhunt 2. People forget Wii is supposed to be a 'normal' game system too. I think Manhunt is the wrong game for this, but it's the only thing like it that's coming out soon.

Bored with the system? Try some new, different games. Trauma Center is great, it mostly uses the pointer. Kororinpa Marble Mania is great, if too short, and is the best use of the motion sensor in any game so far. WarioWare is also huge fun while it lasts.

Wii's value increases exponentially when you play it with other people. I recently played a few 12-player rounds of WarioWare at a company party, and everyone enjoyed it. Wii sports is fine too.

These are the things that are out right now. Instead of looking for the Next Huge Game, look at some of the new stuff. Wii is going to be getting more new franchises (from 3rd parties at least) than established series. If you're looking for Konami to bring over a Metal Gear or Castlevania, you'll miss Elebits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elebits)or Dewy's Adventure. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewy%27s_Adventure)

If you don't feel like trying new stuff, then just wait for the stuff you want. I'm sure you still have a PS2, and there's stuff still there to play.

As for the WiFi issue, I'm not sure how the USB thing works. Doesn't it come with a CD? Does the CD ask you to download something from the internet, or does it install from the CD? If the CD install is freezing your computer, try copying the files from the CD onto your harddrive and running the install from there.

NINJA_Ryu
06-07-2007, 03:25 AM
And yet, you all overlook REsident Evil 4 Wii Edition...

For shame!!!