PDA

View Full Version : I've decided to call revenge on SA.

Tainted Angel
06-05-2007, 07:24 AM
http://www.some\-\thing]-]awful.com/d/game-reviews/final-fantasy-psx.php

Remove the marks inside the URL.

I'm a bit miffed. of course there was random encounters, but considering FF8 good? Better than our beloved FF9? Unacceptable.

I am looking for suggestions to gank some goons using a purly online prank. (Espically the Goon who wrote this.)

Fire off suggestions of non-permenatly damaging pranks we could pull. After brainstorming we can vote in this thread on what kind of prank we could all collaborate on.

Tallulah
06-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Proper link please.

Never mind, I found it... (http://www.somethingawful.com/d/game-reviews/final-fantasy-psx.php)

EDIT: Well, I think that article is fair enough, even funny. I enjoy Final Fantasy IX, but this guy's opinion is justified. For instance, I agree with him 100% on the god-awful card game.

I don't think someone's honest and valid opinion is any cause for any sort of 'revenge'. Think on...

Mirage
06-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Revenge on SA? Are you serious? SA is probably the second best thing in the intertubes.

Karellen
06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Sunday, January 28, 2001

Goldenboko
06-05-2007, 11:53 AM
People hate FFIX because their horrible idiots.

Mirage
06-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Just cause Kishi said it doesn't make it any more than an opinion.

Goldenboko
06-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Just cause Kishi said it doesn't make it any more than an opinion.

STFU! XD

Mirage
06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I get so tired of people quoting him as the "omg absolute truth"

Vivisteiner
06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
^But it is the truth.

The simple fact of the matter is that this guy is talking utter crap. You cannot give FFIX a minus number. Its ridiculous. IMO, FFIX is the best game ever to have been created in the history of the universe. This idiot should stfu and gtfo.

I enjoyed the card game as well. Way, way more than Triple Triad. The music was amazing, so was the story, and there was nothing wrong with the random encounters.

Mirage
06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
All games get a negative score on SA, except Deus Ex.

Vivisteiner
06-05-2007, 04:45 PM
^Really, why is that?

And was FFIX a particularly bad review then, or was it just the norm.

f f freak
06-05-2007, 05:23 PM
elegant Squall-Rinoa ballroom dance

Oh yeah they were real elegant while they were bumping into everything in sight. Shame Rinoa didn't bump out the window and die though.

Anyway.

People hate FFIX because their horrible idiots.

Zora
06-05-2007, 05:23 PM
^But it is the truth.

The simple fact of the matter is that this guy is talking utter crap. You cannot give FFIX a minus number. Its ridiculous. IMO, FFIX is the best game ever to have been created in the history of the universe. This idiot should stfu and gtfo.

I enjoyed the card game as well. Way, way more than Triple Triad. The music was amazing, so was the story, and there was nothing wrong with the random encounters.

Albeit I made it to the outer continent and traveling around that small landmass was murder cause of the random encounters, but every FF game has that now and then.

But it was clearly bias. Seriously, FFIX pushed the graphics on the PS1 to the limits.

But he did choose arguements to attack the game. Like Quina he attacked to show "lack of depth." But let us face it-Quina was the only character without a purpose to be in the game. Just because Quina lacks depth doesn't mean the other characters do.

Translations are rather bad too. He jumps from one trivial thing to another just to attack the game.

But the biggest problem is that fact he ignores many elements. Like the sound. He gave it a low score (well everything got a low score), but didn't explain why. Same with graphics.

Not only that, he called Kuja a bad antagonist because he was so predictable and turns around and praises Sephiroth. Right, great logic.

I do understand it is his opinion, but this review is pretty bad. He spends the whole time attacking rather than elobaration on non-trivial flaws.

Xurts
06-05-2007, 07:27 PM
EDIT: Well, I think that article is fair enough, even funny. I enjoy Final Fantasy IX, but this guy's opinion is justified. For instance, I agree with him 100% on the god-awful card game.
You got that right. The card game is complete trash.

Whatever he says, it's constantly far more entertaining than Vivi's self doubt, Zidane's attempts at flirting, and Dagger's whining about how her mother is not evil. Quina should've been the main character.
He hit that one right on.

Psychotic
06-06-2007, 12:29 AM
It's a joke article, designed to make rabid fanboys angry.

Oh, and Tainted Angel, if you're going to try to appear genuine, at least don't include a link to overchan in your sig. It's a bit of a giveaway that you're not naive enough to take SA seriously. But for the record we don't do forum wars here so I guess this thread has to be closed.