PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Lanta

Rye
06-05-2007, 09:00 PM
My road test is tomorrow morning. I'm really nervous. I think I'm going to pass, but I'm still nervous. If I pass, I just have to finish my last driving session in Driver's Ed, then when I'm 17 (24 days), I can drive by myself with my full license.

Tell me your road test stories.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ryechuuu/tarepanda07.gif

Flying Mullet
06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
My road test was quite boring. I remember I spent a lot of time practicing parallel parking, and then they didn't have me do it on my road test.

Quindiana Jones
06-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Well, I haven't done any "proper" testiness, but I drive with my dad a lot. I sucked at first. And I mean sucked. Maybe the secondish time, I almost ran over the guy who owned the land we were driving on. :bigbiggri

CimminyCricket
06-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I killed seven people, two dogs, a cat, 9 birds, one homeless person and caused 17 accidents in the span of the two seconds it took to start the car.
Which is why I don't drive.

Zeldy
06-05-2007, 09:06 PM
We can only drive at 18 :(

CimminyCricket
06-05-2007, 09:07 PM
My fault.

Fonzie
06-05-2007, 09:09 PM
I get my drivers license without having to take any tests. :p

Ouch!
06-05-2007, 09:15 PM
"Your reverse process was weak, but not enough to fail you."
Seriously, what the hell does that mean?

fire_of_avalon
06-05-2007, 09:30 PM
The first time I took it, I knocked off someone's mirror with my mirror. ^_^

The next time I just parked bad.

Jess
06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm nervous to do my driving test. I'm so bad at reversing around a corner. :mad2:

oof.

Nominus Experse
06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
That you might hit someone while backing up, but most likely won't kill them.

oddler
06-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Mine was pretty smooth. I did the reverse figure eight pretty easily and we really only did most things once. We didn't have to parallel park during the actual exam and that was the only part I was halfway worried about. :)

Croyles
06-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Well basicly. This is my story:

I am waiting at the meeting point. The driving instructor and the examiner come rolling in and park. The driver (the previous student) steps out. The examiner steps out. The examiner then starts to shout at the driver:
"THAT was the biggest pile of :skull::skull::skull::skull: anyone has ever driven. You can not drive a car to save your life, and you wanna drive a truck?"
The examiner continues to explain to the poor fellow that after the 2nd gear, comes the 3rd and not the 5th.
The driver runs away squeeling.
I hop in, the examiner introduces himself as Schumacher (no joke, it IS a pretty damn common name over here) and I start driving.
I could have killed a couple of old ladies and he wouldnt have noticed cause he and the instructor were arguing the whole way whether this outbreak was justified and if he even should have failed him.
Even so I was driving really well which is what the instructor told me. Yeah he actually notices things. But I had the potential to drive a lot worse.
I drive all that day and get a speeding ticket the next. I asked for a picture. I actually look like a bank robber on it. Ill upload it some time.
And that is the end of my tale.

BTW, is it REALLY true that most americans drive automatics? Arent they boring?

Yamaneko
06-05-2007, 09:41 PM
I passed my first time.

They can't ask you to parallel park in California anymore since too many people were failing that part.

Rye
06-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I passed my first time.

They can't ask you to parallel park in California anymore since too many people were failing that part.

Seriously? D:

And yes, we mostly drive automatics. I'm terrified of manual cars. I will never get into one.

oddler
06-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Automatics are great. Personally, I don't drive for the excitement of it. :)

Croyles
06-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Uhh come on :)
Its just clutch > switch gear > let go of clutch. Automatics have like a billion different modes, but never really let you drive with the acceleration you want sometimes. Well ive only driven an automatic once so maybe im not the best judge.
*Has idea for new thread*

CimminyCricket
06-05-2007, 10:12 PM
A car is a car to me.

Ouch!
06-05-2007, 10:17 PM
That you might hit someone while backing up, but most likely won't kill them.
See, it might have been that if I wasn't going as slowly as possible. I followed the manner in which my driving instructor taught me perfectly. Stop at the crosswalk. Look for pedestrians. Stop at the curb, look for oncoming traffic. Proceed. If anything, he meant that I did it too slowly.

God knows I don't actually back out of my driveway/around a corner that slowly normally.

Meat Puppet
06-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I could either have my friends laugh at me for failing the road test, or have my friends laugh at me for doing the road test in an automatic. I picked the latter!

yanis
06-06-2007, 12:18 AM
I was running too fast I think...coz they were telling me to slow down...:(
I just wanted to show how great I am!!!

bipper
06-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Have a 6pack in you. Then you will not have to worry about it again till after your 21st birfday.

Disco Potato
06-06-2007, 12:31 AM
I failed the first time basically because I started going into traffic during the reverse portion of the test. The second time, though, I managed to do the same thing, plus make more mistakes, but passed the test anyways :p

Freya
06-06-2007, 12:38 AM
I did mine when it was icy and I even sped and passed it easily. But here in WY we have a resricted licesnse thing that I can only have 1 other person under 18 in my car that's not a family member so i'll have to take another driving test On or after July 18th, cause then i'll be 17, so i can get my full one.

Roogle
06-06-2007, 12:41 AM
My road test is tomorrow morning. I'm really nervous. I think I'm going to pass, but I'm still nervous. If I pass, I just have to finish my last driving session in Driver's Ed, then when I'm 17 (24 days), I can drive by myself with my full license.

It seems like only yesterday that you were considered a child by all of the users, but this thread is considered evidence that you have truly grown. Time flies quickly, doesn't it, Miss?

Yamaneko
06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I still think the driving age should be eighteen.

Renmiri
06-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Relax... You can take it again and again, until you pass.

Good Luck and try to relax, ok ?

bipper
06-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Relax... You can take it again and again, until you pass.

Good Luck and try to relax, ok ?

Unless you are failing, then panic. Since you are a girl, you can cry and pass.

Rye
06-06-2007, 01:12 AM

It seems like only yesterday that you were considered a child by all of the users, but this thread is considered evidence that you have truly grown. Time flies quickly, doesn't it, Miss?

I know, doesn't it? I still feel like it was just last year that I was 12 and the baby on EoFF, and now I'm pretty much 17 and driving, looking for universities to attend, etc. It's kind of scary. xD

And to be fair, Yams, the driving age is 18 in New York, unless you take a 32 session driver's ed course, and have about 20 hours driving experience, and such. Then you can take your road test and drive at 17. I think that's a good system.

Momiji
06-06-2007, 04:23 AM
Automatics are great. Personally, I don't drive for the excitement of it. :)

Little Blue
06-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I failed three times before passing mine :bigsmile: My favourite fail was for apparently "hydroplaning". Going too fast across a deep puddle may seem fun, but its not if it makes you fail your driving test...

Croyles
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I know someone who failed 6 times. Here, if you fail 3 times you have to go get some more checks done.
He passed in the end though and is a good driver so it doesnt really mean much. Its usually just nerves I think.

oddler
06-06-2007, 09:29 PM
So, how'd you do, Rye? :confused: