PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Character Theme?

Elpizo
06-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Title says it all, what's your favourite character theme and why? Can be from good guys, villains, NPC's, ...

My 3 favourites:

1. Aria, the Maiden of Water: Both NES and DS version, magnificent track for a NES game, clearly showing that Uematsu could create some art even with the limitted NES. The DS version is even better, IMHO.

It's just such a sad, touching tune. Very fitting for the character. I'd call it one of the saddest character themes in the series, actually (Yes, sadder than Aerith's Theme, there, I said it.) I haven't really seen many people that know this track, which is a shame. Now with the DS version of FF III, this track will hopefully gain some more recognition. It so deserves it.

2. Kuja's Theme: It's dark, creepy and mysterious in a subtle way. It doesn't scream at you "I'M EVIL MUSIC!!!" like some other villain themes do. Very good track, the best villain theme IMHO.

3. Rydia's Theme: It's just great, what more needs to be said? Reminds me of "Aria, the Maiden of Water" in some ways, maybe that's why I like it so much.

There are many more Character themes that I like, but these are just my favourites.

So what are yours?

charliepanayi
06-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Eiko's Theme - she's not my favourite character by a long way but there's a sweet light-hearted air to her theme that always strikes a chord in me.

Hazzard
06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
The Turks theme was obviously the best.

scrumpleberry
06-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Goodness, let me count them...I can never decide on favourite songs, I have loads

Matoya (that song gets stuck in my head so easily!)
Golbez
Terra
Edgar/Sabin (more so the coin song version)
Locke
Celes
Relm
Rachel
KEFKA <----- probably my favourite villainous one. So suits him.
Aerith (I don't paticularly like the character but I love her theme)
Tifa
Steiner
Zidane
Cid (IX)
Freya
Kuja
Rose of May (Beatrix) <--------fave NPC one, beautiful and suits her so well
Seymour
Lulu

Yeah, I'm kind of indecisive...