PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Characters

scrumpleberry
06-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Who is your favourite out of all the playable characters?

Mine would have to be Lucca. Everyone loves a mad scientist :D . I also don't get the impression she is inflicted with Hero's Best Friend Crush syndrome, from what I've played of it, which is cool.

If your fave character isn't a playable one, just say them anyway.

Laddy
06-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Crono, Lucca, Forg, and Ayla.

Brennan
06-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Crono, Frog, and Magus, they kick ass don't they?

scrumpleberry
06-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Frog kind of annoyed me, but Crono was pretty cool.

Sefie1999AD
06-07-2007, 08:47 PM
*SPOILERS!*

I think Lucca is my favorite character in the game. She's smart, she's a nice character and she has some great moments (such as freeing Crono from Guardia's dungeon in 1000 AD), some funny ones (yeah, mad scientist) and some emotional too (her getting a chance to save her mother from being crippled, her farewell scene with Robo). I also prefer her "Crono's best friend" character to Marle's "Crono's princess damsel" character.

Finally, Lucca's magic is very strong and useful. Her fire techs/spells are very useful throughout the game, her double techs with other characters deal loads of damage She can also cast Protect, and Flare is an excellent spell. Give her a Gold Stud, and she can keep casting Flare for a really long time.

Meat Puppet
06-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Frog. Just Frog.

Elly
06-09-2007, 01:50 AM
my favorites have always been Lucca, Flea, and Schala, in that order... Lucca is a genuinely kind hearted person and it is shown several times throughout the story, and touched on again in Chrono Cross, she's smart, indipendant, and loyal to her friends and any cause she sets herself to... i like Flea simply because i find her/him witty and the best of the 3 generals of Magus, i mean; male, female, what's the differance, power is beautifull, and i have the power... and of course i like Schala for pretty much the same reasons i like Lucca, not to mention Schala has some of the best theme music in the game...

Dr. Acula
06-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I quite liked Marle. I don't know why, but I have a thing for hyper characters.
Frog was awesome.
Ayla was also awesome.
Schala was, like the above, awesome.

blackmage_nuke
06-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Frog, if only for his kick ass sword and theme song

LunarWeaver
06-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Bulma Lucca has been my faviefave since the first time I played the game. It's unexplainable, yet there it is.

demondude
06-10-2007, 01:42 PM
GO ROBO!!!

scrumpleberry
06-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Was frog the only character to have a theme song? I know Robo had one as well.

Skyblade
06-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Was frog the only character to have a theme song? I know Robo had one as well.

Actually, they all do. Frog just had one of the best (Magus's rocked too). To listen to them all, go to the End of Time, and talk to a character so that they ask to be put in the team. Say "yes", and that character's theme song will start playing, and last until you leave the End of Time, select another character, or talk to Spekkio.

Ramza Beoulve
06-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I'll go with Magus in this one.

Xatif
06-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Going with Magus on this one. His Theme song is my favorite one, followed closely by Frog's.

Takara
06-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Magus, Ayla, Lucca, and Frog, in that order. Never cared a lot about Crono, Marle, and Robo, to be honest. Pretty neutral about them.

PuPu
06-21-2007, 04:12 AM
This person.
(http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/magus%2Bof%2Bzeal.html)

Mitchell
06-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Magus/Janus is the best. So is Schala. Is Theme Song is the best, as is his sisters.
I once accidentaly died air-guitaring the Magus Theme...

I also remember me having a crush on Lucca a long time ago...

I used to edit some sprites to make comics.
One time i got caught editing an Ayla sprite...:sweat:

XxSephirothxX
06-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Crono is probably one of my favorite protagonists ever, but Frog was pretty awesome. The supporting cast are a big part of what really makes the Chrono games shine.

Lachrymosa
06-30-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm torn between Magus, Frog, and Lucca. Schala's pretty cool, too.

Heh, one of my friends who's also played Chrono Trigger swears that I AM Lucca. I think it's just because I'm a nerdy girl with glasses.

sora167
07-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Chrono all the way. His theme song is my favorite and he has a nice balance of techs + he's really strong. Followed by him would have to be Lucca. Lighting stuff on fire is good.

VeloZer0
07-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Well, I have to say Chrono Trigger probbly has one of the highest percentage of liked to disliked characters of any games. The only character in the game I disliked was Robo, mainly because I thought he looked stupid and no mater how good they make his combat strength and back story I always play games so I can run around with the characters I find cool.

That said #1 goes to Magus because I am very partial to dark manipulative characters in games. I also really liked all his dramatic lines, and of course character sprite.

sockmonkey
07-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Hmm, tricky one. I like/dislike different aspects of all of them.

Ayla: Excellent in both random and boss battles due to her having the strongest armor, physical attacks, and triple techs. Her basic healing and stealing abilities make her just about the most used character aside from Crono and he's the one you *have* to use for half the game. As a character her enthusiasm and nuggets of common sense are nice but they seriously overdid the *cave-gir* aspect with the broken speech patterns.

Robo:excellent utillity with a combo of strength, attack magic and *group* healing magic. (the one-person-at-a-time healing spells are so annoying. As a character he's not terribly interesting but not terribly annoying either. Just the standard "artificial character develops feelings" kind of thing. Fortunately, this aspect isn't forced down our throats every time he interacts like so many movies do. It's only emphasized during his personal quest.

Marle: lousy physical attacks and no *ultimate* single tech attack magic like Lucca and Crono. Her healing magic and status effect magic are the only justification for her existence and even then she can't heal the whole group at a time with a single tech like robo can. Her lack of getting an *ultimate* weapon like everyone else just makes it even worse. Barely enough advantages to offset her weaknesses. Should have snagged her pendant at the beginning and left her at the fair. As a character she flips between inspiring and annoying but thankfully comes off as more than just a whiny piece of tail for the hero.

Crono: standard hero abilities of powerful physical and magical attacks. Most of the others kind of compromise on one or the other making up for it with random *utility* type spells. His life spell is just sooooonice to have as it gives you a backup in case you get stuck somewhere witha dead healer. Ayla's healing ability is similar in that it gives a nice backup as well. I'd have to say that he functions almost identically to Ayla in and out of battle. As a character his silence doesn't really make him boring as it allows the player to insert themselves into the role.

Frog: I tend to think on him as being in thew same category as Robo with both decent physical and magical attacks, plus decent healing magic. My only complaint about his abilities is his ultimate attack requiring low HP. An attack like that is nice as an addition but not as a mainstream ability since it's you often have to forgo healing for that round to employ it effectively. Not bad as a character. He has some good moments when his guilt complex isn't dominating him.

Magus: Good physical abilities and powerful offensive magic in a similar manner to a hero-type character wich is a nice irony for a dark character. His broad range of magic types means he almost always has something effective to attack with. The absence of any *backup* healing or utility magic is somewhat noticable. That and his inability to do triple techs without having a suitable accessory equipped are his only real practical disadvantages. As a *dark hero* has become a cliche' its refreshing to see one who isn't always broadcasting angst at full volume. He seems to like being a spooky SOB and yet he can interact with the others without having to show his "soft side".

Lucca: Powerful attack magic and a *utility* spell or two, plus a fairly decent physical attack for a primary magic user. If she had a single healing spell I'd never bother putting Marle in the group again.
Good characterization of brains, practical skills, and common sense as opposed to the common stereotype of the helpless intellectual. Possibly the most well developed personality of the group. She's Crono's right hand that he can count on in a crunch.

Zeromus_X
07-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Lucca. Lucca. Lucca.

Lucca.

And Magus and Ayla.

Heath
07-29-2007, 08:07 PM
I've always been fond of Lucca for many of the reasons that Sephiroth1999AD stated above. Her magic is really useful and she's constantly deals the most damage with them throughout the game. Robo and Frog deserve honourable mentions too because I really enjoyed their personalities and story lines, even if I don't always use the two of them in battle.

Peter_20
07-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I always use Crono, Lucca and Frog.
I find that this is the most well-rounded party, because you have generally great fighters, great Techs, and great Combos.
They also cover most basic elements, like Lightning, Fire and Water.
Oh, and Frog can use Heal too. :D

I did tend to end up with Crono, Robo and Ayla back in the day, though.
It was kinda hilarious watching a cave-woman and an advanced futuristic robot tagging along. XD

Fuzoya
08-01-2007, 01:17 PM
I voted Robo.
I really like his/her/its character a lot!
Still Chrono is pretty awesome though :rolleyes2

Elly
08-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Robo/Prometheus is very much male in the same way that Atropose XR (Robo's love interest) is female, though they may be machines they appear to be programed to behave in gender-specific ways probably to intergrate with their human masters easier, but of course they develope into what appear to be sentient beings with real feelings, but of course that is your standard canned sci-fi fare...

Bolivar
08-04-2007, 04:07 AM
Definately Frog for me. The scene when he makes his entrance, saves the princess, and the victory music plays...damn that's a great moment in games...

Robo & Lucca, especially with their interrelating plots, are favorites.

Vermachtnis
08-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Frog, Magus, and Ayla. Whenever I go through a complete game or whenever I'm getting an ending after *a certain event* that's the team I use. It's been mentioned before, but those three have the best themes.

The Unknown Guru
08-27-2007, 01:56 AM
Frog. He has the deepest storyline and his theme rules.

feioncastor
08-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm going with Gato, because he's a true MC and he also loves having fun with rhymes.

In all seriousness, I thought the whole thing between Ioka and the Reptites was an awesome story. Like the only reason that humans are how they are is because they managed to fight and beat the other species that was in competition for the world.

For playable characters, I liked Crono, in spite of the fact that he has no lines in the whole game.

Reeno the Alchemist
08-31-2007, 11:02 PM
It's a tie between Frog and Magus <33333 but in my opinion frog is awesooooommmmeeee~~~~

Madame Adequate
09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Robo and Lucca, easily. Of the playable characters that is. Of the NPCs, I of course love Gato the most.