PDA

View Full Version : I seriously cried during the "Suteki Da Ne" scene...

Peter_20
06-07-2007, 10:13 AM
*SPOILERS*

I've made it pretty far into the game now, because I crossed the Calm Lands a while ago.
The game's really nice so far, and the gameplay is great; but the thing that struck my heart the most was the scene between Tidus and Yuna in that lake.
Yuna tries to hide her depressed feelings and talks merrily with Tidus about what they would do if Yuna abandoned her duty and didn't summon The Final Aeon; but then she starts crying, realizing that she must sacrifice herself for the sake of Spira.
Tidus gets silent, looks her in the eyes, and tries his best to comfort her - then "Suteki Da Ne" starts playing, while Tidus and Yuna are kissing each other.

This scene actually made me crying like crazy.
It's the most touching thing I've ever seen in a video game before.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-07-2007, 01:07 PM
i guess square achieved what they set out to do then. it didn't make me cry but it sure was emotional. i think the scene where aerith dies in ff7 is more moving though.

KasaiDraco
06-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I found the scene quite funny.

Firo Volondι
06-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Meh. Compared to the ending, it's a very unemotional scene.

kahokochan
06-07-2007, 05:13 PM
hahaha im actually ashamed to say i cried too, and wtf kimahri was watchin?!?! ahahhah xxx:choc2:

Shin Gouken
06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
i cried too.... with laughter! They are both such sad bastards

jammi567
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I found it quite boring, actually.

Namelessfengir
06-07-2007, 06:29 PM
i was like what the hell? your supposeed to be tapping rikku!!!

Vivisteiner
06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I was like...

"No suprises there. Ah well, its cool anyway."

Little Blue
06-07-2007, 07:49 PM
It made me gag.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-07-2007, 09:27 PM
although it didn't effect me in the way the fake laughter scene outside luca does. that just makes me whince!? :S

Cookie
06-07-2007, 09:32 PM
I fapped.

Renmiri
06-07-2007, 09:47 PM
It was soo romantic! :love:

KasaiDraco
06-08-2007, 01:18 AM
I made my own interpretation
of the scene on Youtube. I'd give the link here, but it's a little inappropriate. If you really want to see it, just type in: Tidus Yuna Drew Pickles. It's pretty dirty, so I'm warning ya! I also made a Squall one. These aren't really for the weak at heart.

Rostum
06-08-2007, 06:36 AM
I thought it was a very romantic scene, but I can't say that it gave off the amount of emotion that would make me cry.

Ouch!
06-08-2007, 06:39 AM
The ending was infinitely better. Too bad the English translation had to ruin Yuna's one line that might have had any meaning whatsoever.

Old Manus
06-08-2007, 07:41 AM
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Dr. Acula
06-08-2007, 08:58 AM
I was like...

"No suprises there. Ah well, its cool anyway."

Pretty much sums up my opinion. Still, the graphics were pretty.

Finola
06-08-2007, 09:36 AM
It's my favourite scene, but cuz i have watched it too many times it has kind of lost its power. Maybe when i saw it first time i cried but not as much as when i saw the ending.

Didn't like that edited video cuz it totally ruined it since tidus and yuna are my fav couple :)

Hambone
06-08-2007, 10:22 AM
i guess square achieved what they set out to do then. it didn't make me cry but it sure was emotional. i think the scene where aerith dies in ff7 is more moving though.

QFT

It seems strange to me though that they kissed for...what? 3 minutes? They were kinda rushing things and their relationship really wasn't that far yet. Although it really doesn't matter "because is going to die."

Peter_20
06-08-2007, 11:12 AM
It seems strange to me though that they kissed for...what? 3 minutes? They were kinda rushing things and their relationship really wasn't that far yet. Although it really doesn't matter "because is going to die."Some people start their relationships with sex on their first date, and you think an innocent kissing scene is "rushing"? :p

Thoughtless
06-08-2007, 01:36 PM
I thought the scene was great and may have made me shed a tear.

Obviously people who didn't respect Tidus and/or Yuna wouldn't have the same feelings.

Crying with laughter? Tidus Yuna Drew Pickles? wtf is wrong with half of this community.

Mirage
06-08-2007, 04:56 PM
It was romantic, but far from emotional enough for me to break out in tears.
The ending speech was the part that moved me the most. :(

And is it just me, or does it look like Ulty and Squall's faces are merged in your sig, Thoughtless?

Renmiri
06-08-2007, 05:09 PM
It seems strange to me though that they kissed for...what? 3 minutes? They were kinda rushing things and their relationship really wasn't that far yet. Although it really doesn't matter "because is going to die."Some people start their relationships with sex on their first date, and you think an innocent kissing scene is "rushing"? :p

Yes, particularly on Spira. There is no time for second date, Sin is coming, you better "come" first ;)

Nifleheim7
06-10-2007, 12:07 AM
It was very romantic but the ending was one of the most emotional sequences in video games in general.

Old Manus
06-11-2007, 11:57 AM

Yes, particularly on Spira. There is no time for second date, Sin is coming, you better "come" first ;)Win

Thoughtless
06-14-2007, 06:41 AM
It was romantic, but far from emotional enough for me to break out in tears.
The ending speech was the part that moved me the most. :(

And is it just me, or does it look like Ulty and Squall's faces are merged in your sig, Thoughtless?

It's a part of the very brief movie at the end encounter ultimecia, Squall isn't merged :)

Holy Lancer
06-17-2007, 03:39 AM
i was like what the hell? your supposeed to be tapping rikku!!!

That's what I was thinking too. Go after Rikku man!!!