PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be great if you could choose Japanese voices with English subtitles?

Peter_20
06-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Personally, I would enjoy this game even more if I could pick the Japanese voice actors and still keep the English subtitles.
What about you? :D

Namelessfengir
06-07-2007, 05:09 PM
id like it if you could have japanesse cutscenes and movies

samboo1
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I voted no, because I think id find it annoying in the end that they were talking in Japanese. Also that would mean id have to read the subtitles, and I dont usually.

licence
06-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't want the Japanese voices.

Tavrobel
06-07-2007, 06:19 PM
LOL FFX International.

Renmiri
06-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Japanese voices are soo dramatic! I have a bootleg FFX DVD with Japanese voices and english subtitles and it's so over the top it gets funny.

English for me.

Sefie1999AD
06-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Considering FFX's English voices were (IMHO) somewhat subpar for many vital characters, such as Tidus, Yuna and Seymour, I wouldn't mind having Japanese voices and English subtitles for FFX. However, FFX-2, FFXII (so far) and the KH series sound great in English, so I'd most likely keep the English voices in those games.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-07-2007, 09:25 PM
i vote no. i find that if i have to read the subtitles to know wot people are saying i just end up looking at words instead of the events that are actually happening on screen

Renmiri
06-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Considering FFX's English voices were (IMHO) somewhat subpar for many vital characters, such as Tidus, Yuna and Seymour, I wouldn't mind having Japanese voices and English subtitles for FFX. However, FFX-2, FFXII (so far) and the KH series sound great in English, so I'd most likely keep the English voices in those games.

You thought Tidus was whinny in English ? His Japanese voice was 10X whinnier!! And angry. James Arnold Taylor actually improved the character. Doesn't that tell you how bad it was ? :p

Jessweeee♪
06-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah...there's so many differences, I looked at the Eternal Calm thing in Japanese and English and they were so different, it makes you wonder what else is different.

crazybayman
06-08-2007, 01:37 PM
English, obviously.

The thought of voice-overs being Japanese with English subtitles brings back memories of really, really bad and cheesey Ninja movies of the 80's.

"WE HAVE COME" (*lips keep moving*) "TO CAPTURE" (*lips keep moving*) "THE PRINCESS NINJA BABY" (*lips keep moving, then folds arms with angy, and a poorly executed intimidating glare*)

Thoughtless
06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
I'd have to say English. Although if you take my japanese voices out of my ninja/samurai movies I'm an angry man!

BG-57
06-08-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd approve only if you could toggle between English and Japanese audio tracks, like on a DVD. English is better to get a visceral feel of the game, and Japanese would give an idea of original meaning and feeling.

I'm not a technology expert but I don't think it wouldn't be hard to do. Or would it?

Renmiri
06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Both voice tracks are there so it shouldn't be that hard

Nifleheim7
06-10-2007, 04:03 AM
I would have loved the game even more if Square Enix gave us this feature.I think that the english voice actors did an amazing job (including Tidus:p) but if i could i would have choosen Japanese.

As with movies i want my games in their original language (if i can).

Zeromus_X
06-10-2007, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't really care, since I rather enjoyed the English voice cast. Voice acting has to be really horrible for me to want to have the Japanese voices on all the time.

LunarWeaver
06-10-2007, 04:18 AM
I only say yes because it would give me the excuse I want to play through the game yet again.

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2007, 05:09 AM
If they would have had the English cast do the english translation of what the Japanese cast did instead of the toned down version we got, it would have been perfect.