PDA

View Full Version : Dark Cloud

darksword12
06-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm playing the Famicom version, and I can't beat Dark Cloud. I must have fought him some twenty times or so, and he still Flare Waves me to death, no matter how often I cure. My guys are at level 50. Two ninjas, two sages. Great equipment and spells. Does anyone have any good strategies?

Side note: I left my shurikens on the airship. :laugh: Gotta load up and do the Sylx Tower and World of Darkness all over again.

Crossblades
06-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I recommend fighting Dark Cloud at level 60. Have your Sages heal every round even if it isn't necessary and have your Ninjas throw Shurikens

Hayabusa
06-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Shurikens bro, Shurikens, Bahumut helps too - I trained in the one place at the bottom of whatever dungeon where you can heal with the water springs and just fought battles to get money to buy 99 shurikens - I was lvl 65 or something

Sefie1999AD
06-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Make sure you've freed all 4 Dark Warriors. If you have 14+ Shurikens, that's good, but you can also defeat Dark Cloud without Shurikens. On the first turn, have Sages cast Haste on your Ninjas while the Ninjas attack. On the next turns, have both Sages cast Cure4 on everyone, and hopefully you'll kill Dark Cloud before her Dark Wave finishes off your party. There's also an alternative healing strategy that I use myself, although it's a bit risky. It goes like this:

Turn 2:
- Sage1 casts Cure4 on Ninja1
- Sage2 casts Cure4 on Ninja2

Turn 3:
- Sage1 casts Cure4 on Sage1
- Sage2 casts Cure4 on Sage2

Turn 4, 6, 8 etc:
- See Turn 2

Turn 5, 7, 9 etc:
- See Turn 3

If you're lucky, your Sages are able to cast Cure4 before Dark Cloud casts Dark Wave, so your characters will have to survive at most 2 Dark Waves on a row.