PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball Z *shiver*

Eiko Guy
06-07-2007, 10:01 PM
So I was watching Xplay and they reviewed another Dragon Ball Z game. I started thinking:
"Y'know eventually there will be no saiyans and all the saiyans will be very impure so I have a fear they will try and refresh the series. The story would be of a group of saiyans who were flung into the future. They were conquering a planet when the met resistence. The resistence sent them ahead in time now they are on earth. Some protect it as a new home some will treat is as a playground. Others will try to control it and other planets."
I liked the idea from the perspective of me writing it. But I knew if it ever happened it would just be more and more leveling up.
Wha do you think about it?

Hazzard
06-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Sounds too complicated, but go for it if you're devoted to the great series.

f f freak
06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Could be good depending on how it's written.

Eiko Guy
06-07-2007, 10:07 PM
No I was pointing out how now that they have time travel I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled in more saiyins for more battles and longer series life which ultimately = MONEY

f f freak
06-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I thought that Time travel had been involved in the Cell saga. Or was it the Android saga. I forget but anyway I remember that Trunks dude came from the future to warn them about Cell. So it's not exactly new is it?

Hazzard
06-07-2007, 10:17 PM
I thought that Time travel had been involved in the Cell saga. Or was it the Android saga. I forget but anyway I remember that Trunks dude came from the future to warn them about Cell. So it's not exactly new is it?

You basically mean when he traveled from the time capsule, and yes, that has already been used.

Spammerman
06-07-2007, 10:20 PM

Trunks went back in time to warn Goku about the Androids after he returns from the planet he went to after Namek exploded and to warn Goku about his ailment that was coming then after the androids are dead and cell is gone he leaves into the future.

Hazzard
06-07-2007, 10:23 PM

Trunks went back in time to warn Goku about the Androids after he returns from the planet he went to after Namek exploded and to warn Goku about his ailment that was coming then after the androids are dead and cell is gone he leaves into the future.

We already knew that...:rolleyes2

Jessweeee♪
06-07-2007, 11:01 PM
KAAAAAAAAA
MEEEEEEEEEEEEE
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Venom
06-07-2007, 11:02 PM
I stopped watching DBZ after the Cell saga.

Jessweeee♪
06-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Last I saw they were inside Buu.
It took soooooo long, I just stopped before I was forced to see the next super saiyan level.

Phil
06-08-2007, 07:22 AM
For the saiyan race to be re-purified (i.e., the human blood erradicated), there would have to be a lot of inbreeding. So aside from the whole "thrown to the future" thing, I think they're pretty screwed. Unless Pan went back to the past as an adult and got impregnated by a full blooded saiyan and then came back to the future. That could work. But that's messy and we have a Futurama "own grandpa" scenario. As for your story, I like it.

Hey, how many saiyans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One, but it takes 8 episodes.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Hey, how many saiyans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One, but it takes 8 episodes.

QFT

JKTrix
06-08-2007, 12:50 PM
The source material for Dragon Ball ended in 1995. I doubt they'll be trying to 'refresh' the series in any major way, seeing as how GT (which wasn't based on the source material) ended after a year.

They are making a DBZ MMO though. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/103276-dragon-ball-z-mmo.html)

Shattered Dreamer
06-08-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm an absoute DB series maniac fan & the only characters they have left to write about at the end of GT are Goku Jr & Vegeta Jr both of which are great grandsons of the original too but even though I love the DB series from begin to end if they started messing with it now I would be very annoyed:mad: :mad2: :mad: :mad2:

A DBZ MMO would be okay but the whole having to contantly pay to play a game I spent 50euros plus to own in the first place really doesnt appeal to me. I think they should just expand on the story mode in the Budokai Tencaichi series(probably spelt that wrong). An rpg game but the fight sequences were of beat em up style. A turn based DBZ game wouldnt be as good in my opinion.

Eiko Guy
06-09-2007, 02:35 AM
If they did an RPG it would have to be Kingdom hearts style.

Vivisteiner
06-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Hercules ruined my life.

No.78
06-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Damn you people, just read the manga and be happy!

Værn
06-12-2007, 08:48 PM
I think that, rather than having a bunch of Saiyans flung into the future, it would make more sense to just collect the dragonballs and wish that all of the people killed by Freeza would come back to life.