PDA

View Full Version : MySpace/Livejournal/Facebook/Whatever Layouts!

ZeZipster
06-08-2007, 03:16 AM
I was reading this (http://mashable.com/2007/06/06/best-myspace-layouts-that-dont-look-like-myspace-at-all/) and I decided to mix up my MySpace a little, but just a little (http://www.myspace.com/catwithprozac).

Anyways, being a fan of Web Design and more specifically CSS, I was curious what EoFFers have to offer/have seen. Anybody see any interesting (this does not mean they have 6 megabytes of "glitter" text images and 20 videos that all play at once leaving their page completely incomprehensible and impossible to load) journal-things lately?

Momiji
06-08-2007, 03:27 AM
I don't see why making a MySpace profile so elaborate is such a big deal. My layout is pretty basic. It has a background picture, with opaque yet still see-through information tables.

Well, after I messed with the template I found. Before I fixed it, the text was so faded it was impossible to read, especially since the maker made all text with strike tags, so all of the words had lines through them, and it was a flipped profile too, with the pic, location, etc on the right instead of left. I fixed all of that. It looks pretty good now if you ask me.

EDIT: WTF? Your profile just a picture of a piece of paper that says 'out of order'. >_>

ZeZipster
06-08-2007, 03:29 AM
EDIT: WTF? Your profile just a picture of a piece of paper that says 'out of order'. >_>

Yes, yes it is.

escobert
06-08-2007, 04:19 AM
I have a boondocks layout. noting very special.

Nominus Experse
06-08-2007, 08:13 AM
White on black - simple as that.

My words and notes ought to be the interest of my site, not the background and glitz.

rubah
06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
I have never bothered to change my livejournal's layout despite using it for five years. I don't even use myspace unless I get a message saying someone wants me on it, so why would I bother?

It's bad enough making layouts for snowy-day :(

Jowy
06-08-2007, 06:10 PM
I have never bothered to change my livejournal's layout despite using it for five years. I don't even use myspace unless I get a message saying someone wants me on it, so why would I bother?

It's bad enough making layouts for snowy-day :(

YEAH THANKS FOR APPROVING MY FRIEND REQUEST LIKE SIX MONTHS AGO. :aimmad:

I use the default m-space layout. My LJ's been green and white for about four years and I haven't really had the drive to change it.

~*~Celes~*~
06-08-2007, 08:58 PM
For myspace, I have two different accounts to look after (mine and a joint account for me 'n SB). For mine, it's black with different colored stars, and the headings and text are really pretty colors ^_^ For the joint account, it's some random anime couple lying on the floor, the guy on the right and the girl on the left. =]

I like finding layouts that really stand out to me and look pretty :jess:

Peegee
06-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm not a hard core htmler any more, but my friend phlezk has a nice myspace (same user ID)

*shrug*

ZeZipster
06-09-2007, 04:31 AM
I'm not a hard core htmler any more, but my friend phlezk has a nice myspace (same user ID)

*shrug*

Yeah, that's pretty nice looking. Lot of new tables, those can be a pain to position. Props to him.

Rostum
06-09-2007, 04:34 AM
I use the standard layout, and uploaded a few videos. That's all mine consists of. :p I don't use it.

fantasyjunkie
06-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Simple is the best way to go. Whenever I see a complicated MySpace site that makes me take a while to navigate through it, I pass it by.

No.78
06-09-2007, 12:09 PM
big black border and red. lots of red.