PDA

View Full Version : Mage anyone? THE POLL!!!

Aerisfanatic
06-08-2007, 04:52 AM
ok the first thread was meant to be a poll, but i went over the time limit, trying to name them all, i hope i got everyone plz tell me if i missed some one.

P.S. all types of mages are included.

Goldenboko
06-08-2007, 11:56 AM
You missed the best Mage of all... The TIME Mage (FFV), and Tidus whose a time mage... SPEED IS EVERYTHING!

licence
06-08-2007, 04:29 PM
I'll vote Lulu this time. Big breasted women FTW!!!

aquatius
06-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Cute vivi!

PuPu
06-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Either Vivi or Terra. I think Celes might also be a mage.

SPEED IS EVERYTHING!
QFT

Ashley Schovitz
06-08-2007, 09:21 PM
I thought that Rinoa was a Sage she could cast any magic she wanted to and Sorceress's probably just don't stick to one type of magic. Gun mage is missing too and Kihmari is missed as a blue too along with Quina,:( but I pick Garnet FTW!:)

f f freak
06-08-2007, 10:07 PM
None of them really. Also FFVII and FFVIII characters don't really count because all of them can be mages.
Also where is Rydia. She's a Black Mage so she should be there as well.

Hambone
06-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Lu. She even dresses the part.

Dr. Acula
06-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Vivi, then Terra, but I voted Terra on the poll because I didn't see Vivi.:eep:

EDIT: No Celes on that poll.

sirlaguna
06-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I voted for Viva as he is one of my fav Final Fnatasy characters! :)

Captain Maxx Power
06-09-2007, 03:41 PM
You missed the best Mage of all... The RED Mage (FFI), and Maxx Power whose a red mage... PIMP HATS ARE EVERTHING!

Hazzard
06-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Where the hell is Rydia!!!!!!

Aerisfanatic
06-09-2007, 05:42 PM
she is a summoner, but if you think she is a mage vote other....

it appears that Vivi is in the lead

f f freak
06-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Garnet is a summoner as well. So is Yuna. I demand Rydia!!

Aerisfanatic
06-09-2007, 07:36 PM

yes, but they are both white mages... rydia is considered a [I]caller or Summoner/caller. but since shes already up there

LunarWeaver
06-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Dance Yuna, dance! Swoooosh~

Edit: I'm the only one that's voted for Yuna so far and now I feel like the outcast from The Breakfast Club.

demondude
06-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Vivi ftw he saves the world in his pajamas:)

f f freak
06-09-2007, 08:32 PM

yes, but they are both white mages... rydia is considered a [I]caller or Summoner/caller. but since shes already up there

Rydia uses Black Magic as well. Also Garnet is considered the Summoner of FFIX with white magic on the side. So she is primarily a Summoner as well.
Gah!! enough of this.

Dreddz
06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Quina I suppose. Blue Magic is better than any other kind of magic and Quina is the best blue mage. So there you go.

Ouch!
06-09-2007, 09:18 PM
You missed the best Mage of all... The RED Mage (FFI), and Maxx Power whose a red mage... PIMP HATS ARE EVERTHING!
Seconded. I was very, very disappointed when I didn't see Red Mage on that poll. The FFXI mages option isn't good enough. I refuse to vote until this failure is corrected.

Tallulah
06-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Vivi has over half the votes, including mine. Surprise, surprise. :)

Zeromus_X
06-09-2007, 11:58 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/ff6_02-1.jpg

I fixed the thread, by the way. It probably would've been neater if you put all the different types of mages, with examples of what characters have served as those classes in the series.

Discord
06-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Edea or Lulu.

Meat Puppet
06-10-2007, 08:41 AM
I believe they prefer the term: African American mage.

Ouch!
06-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I fixed the thread, by the way. It probably would've been neater if you put all the different types of mages, with examples of what characters have served as those classes in the series.
Thanks. Red mage, go!

riallews
06-10-2007, 07:21 PM
showing vivi yet more love. second choice would have been lulu

Ashley Schovitz
06-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Quina I suppose. Blue Magic is better than any other kind of magic and Quina is the best blue mage. So there you go.

I takes too much to learn blue magic like eatiung monsters when they're near death or collecting fragments left behind the enemy or being hit by the attack first like in X-2 to learn them. I mean it just takes too much time.

Psychotic
06-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Dance Yuna, dance! Swoooosh~

Edit: I'm the only one that's voted for Yuna so far and now I feel like the outcast from The Breakfast Club.Your Swoooosh~ convinced me to give my vote to Yuna.

theundeadhero
06-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Me.

*I put on my robe and wizard hat*

Vermachtnis
06-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Rydia, the answer is always Rydia!

Cezanzo
06-12-2007, 12:38 AM
I do like Quistis better, but I voted for Vivi because he is a better mage.

http://ff8.ffkingdom.net/ff9anigifs/mini_vivi.gifhttp://ff8.ffkingdom.net/ff9anigifs/vivi2_1_.gifhttp://ff8.ffkingdom.net/ff9anigifs/vivi3.gifhttp://ff8.ffkingdom.net/ff9anigifs/Vivi-bending.gif

Yay Vivi!

Pure Aerisbeauty7
06-13-2007, 02:24 AM
I prefer Aeris as the best mage.:)

Dynast-Kid
06-13-2007, 05:54 AM
OMG, you forgot Geomancer!

And I voted for Relm, 'cause she's a BAMF.

Suiko Jin
06-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Vivi is the best mage in the FF universe. ^_^

Dr. Acula
06-16-2007, 02:24 AM
good to see another Aeris fan :D and welcom to the forum

Actually Pure Aerisbeauty7 has been around here longer than you have, aerisfantatic.:D

Ender
06-16-2007, 04:39 PM
If by "best" you mean "favorite mage character" I'll go with Vivi.

If I were a FF character looking for the best mage (discounting summons) to survive a perilous adventure frought with battles against fiends of might and magic, it has to be Quina. Blue Magic FTW!

Formalhaut
06-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Vivi is rubbish, a little mysterious boy without a agenda.

Aerisfanatic
06-16-2007, 11:43 PM
good to see another Aeris fan :D and welcom to the forum

Actually Pure Aerisbeauty7 has been around here longer than you have, aerisfantatic.:D
oops my mistake i havent seen her post before

ReloadPsi
06-17-2007, 12:54 AM
You missed the best Mage of all... The TIME Mage (FFV), and Tidus whose a time mage... SPEED IS EVERYTHING!

Due to the absence of my usual answer (bastard), I voted Garnet, just to spite all the people who voted Vivi. Vivi is useful for about a quarter of the game, and gets epically upstaged once Garnet learns to summon:

-They cost similar amounts to his 'aga level spells, but they hit all enemies for the same damage, while Vivi's spells become weaker when they're split.
-Her answer to the Death spell, Odin, hits all enemies. It's just as unreliable though.
-Bahamut is her equivalent to Meteor, but Bahamut never misses, so I guess he's just better than Meteor.
-Her answer to Doomsday, Ark, doesn't hit your party, which is good if you haven't all got gear that affords protection against Shadow.
-She can heal and cast some White Magic, though not as well as Eiko.

I've compared Garnet to the Red Mage before in terms of her usefulness, but she does fall a bit short in the attack/defense department, so I'll concede that she's a Summoner with White Magic.

Red Mage : Various is inaccurate. They sucked in FF3 and 5, but they were the Chuck Norris of FF1.

The black mage
06-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Due to the absence of my usual answer (bastard), I voted Garnet, just to spite all the people who voted Vivi. Vivi is useful for about a quarter of the game, and gets epically upstaged once Garnet learns to summon:

-They cost similar amounts to his 'aga level spells, but they hit all enemies for the same damage, while Vivi's spells become weaker when they're split.

Garnet's summons never semmed to do the kind of damage that VIVI was disshing out. Plus he could raise his power.

-Her answer to Doomsday, Ark, doesn't hit your party, which is good if you haven't all got gear that affords protection against Shadow.

Dommsday renders white mages irelvent if you have shadow absorbing armmor/ Add-ons

Bahamut is her equivalent to Meteor, but Bahamut never misses, so I guess he's just better than Meteor.
It can miss

Red Mage : Various is inaccurate. They sucked in FF3 and 5, but they were the Raoul Duke second worst class of FF1.
Sorted

Aerisfanatic
06-27-2007, 11:09 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/ff6_02-1.jpg

yes thats very helpful... even though this poll is for mages only and not pictomancers.