PDA

View Full Version : Hell yes!

Rostum
06-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Oh, my, god... (http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=14197)

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/images/NEWS/myst_nintendods.jpg

I am very excited. :hyper:

Nominus Experse
06-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Sweet tap dancing Christ, I am now convinced - I am now purchasing a DS.

NOW.

Dreddz
06-08-2007, 09:46 AM
This would be interesting if the game had not been released on 8 different platforms already.

Rostum
06-08-2007, 11:30 AM
It is still interesting, seeing as apart from realMyst and the PSP version, everything else it has been released on is not worth playing anymore, even the original.

The fact that it incorporates DS features will surely make it awesome, and an incredible addition to any Myst lovers collection.

I really wish Cyan Worlds would release a HD real-time version of Riven for the PC. I mean, it is an absolutely fantastic and obviously the best in the series. But I guess all I can do is dream.

DK
06-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Having never played a Myst game but always would have liked to, this is a very valid development for me.

Dreddz
06-08-2007, 12:55 PM
The fact that it incorporates DS features will surely make it awesome, and an incredible addition to any Myst lovers collection.

Im sure people who have already played Myst wont buy the DS version solely for the touch screen functions. And your quick to assume that the touch screen functions will be awesome. I'd recommend waiting a little before making that kind of judgement.

Bunny
06-08-2007, 01:27 PM
What's a "Myst"?

Rostum
06-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Im sure people who have already played Myst wont buy the DS version solely for the touch screen functions. And your quick to assume that the touch screen functions will be awesome. I'd recommend waiting a little before making that kind of judgement.

I own the Masterpiece version, and I'd get it for the touch screen options. Every game that I've played on my DS that uses the touch screen has been very well done, and I could see it being extremely useful in Myst. Plus, one can always hope rather than being pessimistic and cynical about everything. Which you always seem to do with Nintendo based products. :p

Do you know, or have been in touch with the Myst / Uru community? If not, then I don't think you should really comment on what the fans want or don't want. Plus, there might always be people who played it when it was first released, that find this and are interested in exploring it again.

:)

What's a "Myst"?

Myst is the name of the island that you see on the cover (example of other places are Riven (or 5 in D'ni), Tohama (based in Mexico near The Cleft), D'ni, Spire, Haven, etc). Every age has a name. If you're into adventure/puzzle games, I'd check out, as the series is really good (especially Riven). The novels are actually quite well written too, and very interesting.

I could go into detail about every aspect of it, but I'd be here for days, you should read up on some websites and maybe even Wikipedia might have something good about it.

:D

Edit: Just a side note. realMyst and the PSP version (I'd say this version too) are the only ones that use a real-time engine. realMyst is fairly hard to come by, so you're pretty much left with the PSP and DS version. So there you go.

Craig
06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Having never played a Myst game but always would have liked to, this is a very valid development for me.

Yep.

No he isn't.

Jessweeee♪
06-08-2007, 09:59 PM
OMGNOWAI

ljkkjlcm9
06-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Unless they add something, there's no need for me to get it... having beat it years ago on the PC

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
06-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Never was too fond of games of Myst's type, but I may look into it now that I am reminded of it.