PDA

View Full Version : Best FF Vocal Song?

Scream1008
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
And no, "Aria Di Mezzo Carattere" doesn't count, as the original version is just midi. The only ones I know are "Eyes On Me," "Melodies of Life," and "Suteki Da Ne." Of those, my favorite is "Melodies of Life" from FFIX. What's everyone else's favorites?

Disco Potato
06-08-2007, 10:09 PM
There are other vocal songs: "Real Emotion" (FFX-2), "1000 Words" (also X-2), and "Kiss Me Goodbye" (XII). But my favorite is "Suteki Da Ne" :bigsmile:

Jessweeee♪
06-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Suteki Da Ne

Least favorite: The version of Otherworld with female vocals

Larahl
06-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Hm, I can't choose between Melodies of Life and, Kiss Me Good-Bye.

Alsray
06-09-2007, 03:24 AM
I like Liberi Fatal and One-winged Angel:D

i like that Latin language

FF_Chick
06-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Eyes on me and Melodies of life. I can't wait for the FFVI remake so I can hopefully say Aria De Mezzo Carattere, because I really want to say it.

Scream1008
06-09-2007, 04:12 PM
I like Liberi Fatal and One-winged Angel:D

i like that Latin language

Haha, I think I should have called this thread "Favorite Asian Pop FF Song"! :p

There are other vocal songs: "Real Emotion" (FFX-2), "1000 Words" (also X-2), and "Kiss Me Goodbye" (XII). But my favorite is "Suteki Da Ne" :bigsmile:

Oh ok, I have not gotten around to those games yet.

Please do not double post. Use the edit/delete button if you wish to add to your post. Or, use the x-quote button if you want to quote more than one quote. ~ Leeza

Slothy
06-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Aria Di Mezzo Carattere still takes it.

Of the tracks that use actual vocals though, I'll give it to Suteki Da Ne with an honourable mention to Liberi Fatali. My least favourite would be any version of Otherworld though. That's one of the biggest pieces of crap I've ever heard. Makes my ears bleed it does.

Nifleheim7
06-16-2007, 11:16 PM
The only ones I know are "Eyes On Me," "Melodies of Life," and "Suteki Da Ne."

Out of those 3 my favourite is Suteki Da Ne.:)

PresidentSEARS
06-17-2007, 10:07 PM
eyes on me - i loved that song

gothic_fantasy
06-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Suteki Da Ne but only the orchestral version.
I will say Aria di Mezzo because it has been sung vocally, I'm just not sure on which FF tribute CD it's from.
1000 Words from X-2 is also noteworthy, but once again only the orchestral version in Japanese. I couldn't get around the English version for some reason.
Some other FF songs that don't feature in the games but have been sung in FF tribute concerts are The Wanderer of Time (based on Terra's theme) and Pray, the vocalised version of the FF theme tune that usually plays in the credits. Download them they are beautiful songs.
I really prefer the Japanese versions of FF songs for some reason, even Melodies of Life sounds so much better in Japanese.

scrumpleberry
06-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Off the top of my head, Melodies of Life.

Amin_Strife
07-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I like most. Though Melodies of Life is great..I actually like the Overworld version a lotxD The best of the best vocal theme is still One Winged Angel for me. God what a powerfull songxD And I do like Otherworld xD it fitted well in the opening Blitzball FMV from FFX imo. I'm not a big fan of Kiss me Goodbye...Eyes on Me is great..Suteki Da Ne orchestrated version here too...overall the vocal themes of the FF games are often pretty neat:)

The Ceej
07-16-2007, 01:44 AM
They're all great songs, but if you noticed, Suteki Da Ne was the only vocal song to make my Best Of Final Fantasy CD in the other thread. There are too many great Final Fantasy songs.

But yeah. My vote goes for Suteki Da Ne. Wait. No poll? I wanted to vote.

Avarice-ness
07-16-2007, 06:46 AM
And no, "Aria Di Mezzo Carattere" doesn't count, as the original version is just midi. The only ones I know are "Eyes On Me," "Melodies of Life," and "Suteki Da Ne." Of those, my favorite is "Melodies of Life" from FFIX. What's everyone else's favorites?

I feel that was biased due to the fact the Grand Finale Cd with the Italian Aria Di Mezzo Carattere came out in the genral viscinity as the actual OST, so while we're out it that must mean that ALL orchestrated versions (which are always better imo) have to be disregarded.

I'm sad because I thought this thread was going to be about the actual vocal cd's so I'm going to talk about them anyways. :(

My favorite song from Final Fantasy Pray is Toki no Hourousha (Wanderer of Time) AKA Terra's theme from FFVI wonderfully done with words. And also Once You Meet her, that water ladies theme from FFIII. XD

And My favorite song from Final Fantasy Love Will Grow is Long Distance AKA main world map theme from FFIV done with words. I also like Kami no Yurikago (God's Cradle) AKA Relms theme from FFVI done to words on this cd.

:razz:

I will say Aria di Mezzo because it has been sung vocally, I'm just not sure on which FF tribute CD it's from.

It's on the Grand Finale Cd, which is like FFIV's Celtic what ever CD and basically like how they did the last three songs on the FFVII reunion Cd, but -all- the songs are orchestrated. I say if it's got the square label on it and is sold as an OST, it's not a tribute.

Some other FF songs that don't feature in the games but have been sung in FF tribute concerts are The Wanderer of Time (based on Terra's theme) and Pray, the vocalised version of the FF theme tune that usually plays in the credits. Download them they are beautiful songs.

Both on the Pray cd, The Pray cd is highly over looked I guess because it's older, and came out in June of 1994. Love Will Grow came later, but they are -wonderfully- done. The songs are based of songs from FFI to FFVI, it's actually one of the first FF cd's I owned before I was 15.

Kanshisha
07-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Sephiroth song?

And since i haven't played any games past FFIX it's prob that song that garnet / dagger sings when she says when she feels lonely or sad, the la~la~la song? i dunno, thats about it..

Avarice-ness
07-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Sephiroth song?

And since i haven't played any games past FFIX it's prob that song that garnet / dagger sings when she says when she feels lonely or sad, the la~la~la song? i dunno, thats about it..

"One Winged Angel" = Sephiroth Song

The song with just the La la's is called "Song of Memories" the full version song to that tune with words is "Melodies of Life"

Kar00
07-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Eyes on Me and Suteki da Ne.

Leen-Leen
07-20-2007, 05:43 AM
Kiss me Good-bye was awesome. Suteki da Ne was also a favorite of mine, for a while ... I don't like it as much anymore.

Big D
07-20-2007, 07:52 AM
'Long Distance' from Love Will Grow, the second FF Vocal Collections album. 'Pure Heart' is still a special song for me, too.
Out of the songs that are actually in the game... 'Melodies of Life' and the English version of '1000 Words'.

I'm deliberately leaving out the choral songs, though. It wouldn't be fair if I had to consider works like 'Liberi Fatali', 'One-Winged Angel' and the Hymn of the Fayth.

Thoughtless
08-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Suteki Da Ne followed closely by Eyes on Me

xXsarahXx
08-16-2007, 01:04 PM
1000 words. i get shivers everytime i hear that song. suteki da ne comes a very close second though :)