PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest VIII References?

bipper
06-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I just kind of restarted my game, as I got distracted on my last play thorugh. I was just wondering if there was any reference site on the net for this game. One that is worth two licks, yaknow?

I mean, I am just wondering, if I should sell monster coins or save them. I am looking into alchemy recipes, and spec lines, etc. Just a good old fashioned well laid out site. Not any of these lame assed gamfaq walk through/wallotext guides.

:)
DJzen where art thou!? :cry:

LunarWeaver
06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
That would be nice :(

I never searched too much, but I did a little and never found anything better than a GameFAQ. So if anybody would share some sexy DQVIII secret site, I would be happy.

Most of the FAQs for this game were a bloody mess, and I had to copy-paste and rearrange most of it myself. I have multiple folders for this game now :jess:. I had to create a DQVIII Alchemy folder then make a separate file for each weapon and armor because it was the only way I could keep it all straight without driving myself insane, and I did the same for mini-medals and Monsters that could be captured. It took longer than it ever should have >;O

And sell monster coins. They don't serve any purpose other than to give you more gold coins.

Flying Mullet
06-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I know it's not the same, but you can see if you can find a printed strategy guide.

bipper
06-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Well F it. Should I make up some page for front site? :jess: Me work? wtf. I guess I am gonna start whipping something up.

crazybayman
08-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Any progress?

Necronopticous
08-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Why do you consider txt FAQs lame?

Bolivar
08-22-2007, 04:45 AM
I think I'm gonna get the strategy guide.

This game is great, I don't know why there's so few threads on it!

crazybayman
08-22-2007, 04:00 PM

I couldn't agree more.

Great story, great battle system, the alchemy pot was a marvelous idea...etc

Bolivar
08-22-2007, 07:34 PM

I couldn't agree more.

don't forget the music! The music in this game is crazy, every time I load back up my file and the sound comes on, it's like "damn, i forgot how great this game is!!!" I hope the DS remakes are great too. I actually heard the composer is a right-wing racist/nationalist though...:( Oh well, so was Wagner and he's one of the greatest composers in recorded history.

I ordered the guide. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

edit: In the meantime, check out my DQVIII vs. FFXII thread – Vote and drop your thoughts!!!

西嗄;局哦,须哦啊;;啊;洒;;;洒,培哦啊;。穆哦怕;四哦!!!

Nifleheim7
08-22-2007, 08:51 PM

I couldn't agree more.

don't forget the music! The music in this game is crazy, every time I load back up my file and the sound comes on, it's like "damn, i forgot how great this game is!!!" I hope the DS remakes are great too. I actually heard the composer is a right-wing racist/nationalist though...:( Oh well, so was Wagner and he's one of the greatest composers in recorded history.

I ordered the guide. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

edit: In the meantime, check out my DQVIII vs. FFXII thread – Vote and drop your thoughts!!!

??????????????????????????????!!!

I don't want to derail the thread but Wagner wasn't a racist.Just because Hitler liked his music,it doesn't mean he was a racist or right wing...

Anyway,yeah this game rocks and i'm also gonna get the strategy guide!:)

crazybayman
08-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Getting back to the point of this thread......Bipper has a point - this game needs a nice fancy, flashy site with a complete alchemy pot recipe guide, monster bestiary, etc. I know all of this and more is located at gamefaqs, but it'd be nice to have it all on its own site. Something similar to the DW4 site would be nice:

Welcome to the Dragon Warrior 4 Shrine (http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/nes/dw4/)

only more in-depth.

Alas, I have not the time for such an undertaking.

Bolivar
08-28-2007, 07:39 PM
My guide came today! I'm gonna go check it out. I'll let you all know how it is

leader of mortals
08-30-2007, 06:41 PM
its not very good, but...

Dragon Quest 8 Dot Org - An Unofficial Guide to Dragon Quest 8 and more.. (http://dragonquest8.org/)

ReloadPsi
08-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Why do you consider txt FAQs lame?

Not enough pretty pictures apparently.

Bolivar
08-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I got the guide. I'm a little let down because I was expecting this explosion of colorful Toriyama concept art all over the place, but that's not really what it's about.

As a strategy guide it's really top knotch, about as good as you're gonna get (maybe better). The paper quality is great and so is the color. the only complaint I would have is that it purposely left out a few alchemy pot recipes, but they have pretty much all the ones you would need anyway. It actually offers decent strategys on the characters and has already given me a huge amount of useful information in the few days i've been using it.

Also it's got a real "spoiler-free" thing going on, but I can't get too into that.

Nifleheim7
09-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I got the guide. I'm a little let down because I was expecting this explosion of colorful Toriyama concept art all over the place, but that's not really what it's about.

As a strategy guide it's really top knotch, about as good as you're gonna get (maybe better). The paper quality is great and so is the color. the only complaint I would have is that it purposely left out a few alchemy pot recipes, but they have pretty much all the ones you would need anyway. It actually offers decent strategys on the characters and has already given me a huge amount of useful information in the few days i've been using it.

Also it's got a real "spoiler-free" thing going on, but I can't get too into that.

Got my strategy guide today!:) It's beautiful!
I will re-start the game as soon as i finish the ones i'm currently playing.CAN'T WAIT!!:)

theundeadhero
09-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I've stopped SS work to make my own DQ site, bipper. I've got most of 1-4 covered and 8 will be the next game. No telling how long it will take though.

Bolivar
09-03-2007, 09:03 PM

Got my strategy guide today!:) It's beautiful!
I will re-start the game as soon as i finish the ones i'm currently playing.CAN'T WAIT!!:)

since I already got 110+ hours, i don't think i'll be restarting this game anytime soon after I beat it. :(

Darth Tjador
09-09-2007, 06:35 PM
if u looking for tips or u need help go to like cheatccc.com or gamefaqs.com or cheat.com!:p