PDA

View Full Version : Original Sephiroth Theme or New?

hplvr
06-08-2007, 10:27 PM
so which is it? The Theme from teh PS1 game or the new and improved theme from AC
I would prefer the original, probably cuz im used to it

Jaffamitsu
06-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah...i think i still get goosebumps when he does 'supernova' and the latin verses are going over and over...man i love it...FFVII version all the way...!

Sefie1999AD
06-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Are you talking about the songs "One-Winged Angel" and "Advent: One-Winged Angel"? In game, I prefer the FFVII version, but as stand-alone listening, it's a tough choice since I've got so used to the original version, but the AC version is great too, especially the Live version of A:OWA, which was played in the FF More Friends Concert. KH's arrangement is also very good, although it pretty much has the non-choral parts removed.

hplvr
06-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Oh yeah...i think i still get goosebumps when he does 'supernova' and the latin verses are going over and over...man i love it...FFVII version all the way...!

lol same here, i always get goosebumps easily with this song and many others

Jaffamitsu
06-08-2007, 10:49 PM

lol same here, i always get goosebumps easily with this song and many others

haha i am home...

hplvr
06-08-2007, 10:55 PM
yes i am talking about ONe-Winged Angel

jammi567
06-08-2007, 11:23 PM
You should have put this in the music forum, because if you put it here, then everybody will be biased to the original.

Xatif
06-09-2007, 12:23 AM
I will stand with the minority and say A:OWA. Honestly I like both of them, but there's a part in the new version that hooks me up.

Xurts
06-09-2007, 02:30 AM
AC's version is awesome. Definitely better.

TheSpoonyBard
06-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Something cannot be 'new and improved'. If it is new, then there was nothing like it before, and therefore no base to improve upon. If it is improved, then something similar must have come before it, therefore it is not new.

AC version.

hanawa
06-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Both sounds perfectly okay to my ears.
I don't practise discrimination here.. :p
However I appreciate the piano version much much more.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-09-2007, 08:52 PM
endless had to go and get intelligent about it didn't he! :D

i chose the original. it's like the remixes you hear in dance clubs and stuff of really good songs. they're good for the moment and everything but in comparison with the original they don't win

Xurts
06-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Something cannot be 'new and improved'. If it is new, then there was nothing like it before, and therefore no base to improve upon. If it is improved, then something similar must have come before it, therefore it is not new.

AC version.

being the later or latest of two or more things of the same kind: the New Testament; a new edition of Shakespeare.
Definition of "new" from Dictionary.com ^.

to make improvements, as by revision, addition, or change: None of the younger violinists have been able to improve on his interpretation of that work.
Definition of "improve" from the same website ^.

Something can definitely be new and improved.

Nifleheim7
06-09-2007, 11:50 PM
ORIGINAL!!!

Enjolras
06-10-2007, 01:59 AM
I prefer the AC version, not only is it better quality, it's a cooler arrangement.