PDA

View Full Version : These Console Threads....Suck.

Ryth
06-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Discuss.

Topic So I Don't Get In Trouble With Shinra...I mean the CKs': Is fanboyism ok? Is it necessary? Annoying? Justified? All in good fun? Tell me.

Spammerman
06-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Its retarded. Its ok to like a game, but to be obsessed with it or think that it should dominate the world is retarded.

Dreddz
06-09-2007, 09:00 PM
All this has made General Gaming Discussion suck.

fire_of_avalon
06-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Ryth made a legit topic. Don't spam it up.

Ryth
06-09-2007, 09:17 PM
To try and revamp this thread onto the topic I made; I think fanboyism is usually a radical and unnecessary bother. Tends to bring the largest amount of stupidity out of people too (i.e. the guys who bought PS3's just to smash them, I mean, seriously guys...).

Edit: Thanks foa. ;)

demondude
06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I think it is some people go to far like this one guy smashed a ps3 just because he liked nintendo more:)

KentaRawr!
06-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Sometimes, fanboyism gets out of hand. While I love my Dreamcast, some of the fanboys for it are...

Ick.

Renmiri
06-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Hihi! I disagree with Dredz in just about anything but on our love for the PS3.

Maxico
06-10-2007, 12:37 AM
You suck for both missing the obvious "You all... suck" title and being the only threadstarter to use some kind of crazy 4 dot ellipsis.

But yeah, angry toy firm devotee's and the internet.

Comedy or tragedy, I can never decide.

Tavrobel
06-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Tragedy is comical in a morbid and disturbing fashion.

Fanboyism without thinking is failure. And so is blind hatred without knowing the game. However, it is not okay to say "omg i luv sephi ur dum." It is okay to say "I disagree; I like Sephiroth, because of his emo complex," followed by an indepth analysis of pain and torture. Often requires an aforemented love of sadism or belief in sadistic pleasure.

By the way, all these "I hate [console]" threads are saddening and painful. If you dislike something, keep it to yourself. Save everyone the few brain cells they have left from playing video games instead of having to argue against a brick wall. I enjoy arguing against brick walls, but not everyone does.

Rostum
06-10-2007, 03:12 AM
I hate fanboyism, and I also hate when people call you a fanboy just because you try to defend something that you do like when giving good reasons and holding an intelligent debate.

And yeah, these "[Console]... Sucks" threads are really ruining the general gaming section of this forum.

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Good Fun happyhappyjoyjoy fanboyism: OMG I LUV ______ :love:
Bad hatehatehate fanboyism: ______ IS TEH SUX0RZ :nonono:

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2007, 11:02 AM
I've never really understood fanboyism when it concerned consoles. I honestly hate Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo for various reasons with only their level of pretention being the common thing I dislike about all three of them.

I go for software, and though my love for certain games may fall into fanboyism at times I at least try to remember that everyone has different taste.

I don't think it's bad to passionately love something but I think when it becomes blind loyalty and the individual feels like they have to constantly "prove" their worthiness to that which they love it's time for you to take a step back and reevaluate your priorities:rolleyes2

Araciel
06-10-2007, 06:09 PM
for the most part, i ignore fanboys. consoles exist as platforms for games, which may or may not suck. to extol the virtues or point out the flaws of a particular console is usually moot, as most consoles do what they're supposed to do quite well, which is run games. if the console has 4 controller ports instead of 2, that's cool. if it has a built in hard drive and it costs more, well you get what you pay for. it's all a matter of perspective. but when it comes down to it, to me, it's the games that matter, and if they're exclusives and i must own them, i must consequently own the console.

Khaotic
06-10-2007, 06:21 PM
I just don't care what you guys think! OK? Final Fantasy X-2 will always be the best game, I JUST DON'T CARE WHAT YOU GUYS SAY OR DO. What I say is facts, what you guys say is just biased opinions, so leave me alone!