PDA

View Full Version : The Dreamcast...

KentaRawr!
06-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Was, and IS, the best console ever. You really can't deny it.

I've found a doner to give me eyes and a kidney, by the way.

So, shall we discuss the Dreamcast's awesomesauce now?

Dreddz
06-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Was, and IS, the best console ever. You really can't deny it.

I would never argue with that statement. The Dreamcast, no matter how short lived it was, had the best library of games for any system. The amount of great fighters on that system is overwelming. Mine is still out today, 7 years after I bought it. Most of my favourite games are on that system, you got Street Fighter 3rd Strike, Jet Set Radio, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Plasma Sword. I could go on but it should be clear by now that the Dreamcast has yet to be surpassed in my mind. Truely the best system ever made. Sega just need to bite the bullet and release another console ( even though it'll undoubtably put the company into bankruptcy, but its not like there making many good games nowadays anyway. )

Madame Adequate
06-10-2007, 01:46 AM
The Dreamcast was god damned AWESOME. For me, it really ushered in the "next gen", far more than the PS1 or Saturn did (And I got one before the PS2 or X-Box, so... yeah. xD)

Classic games on there. Honestly, neither 2 or 3 beat the original Soul Calibur for sheer, inspired brilliance. Jet Set Radio - a game that tries to be hip and fresh, only to redefine those terms. Shenmue I & II; what can you really say? They aren't perfect, and the series needs completion, but my God, those games are something else entirely. And Skies of Arcadia. One of the single best RPGs ever made, a work of masterful quality from top to bottom. I even like the main character.

Crazy Taxi, too. Man, I loved that game...

Grandia II, more classic RPG fare.

Omikron, whilst terribly flawed, was still an incredible and ambitious game that I played to death.

Oh, and I need to get a hold of Toy Commander. I remember playing the demo tons, never got the full game though...

Discord
06-10-2007, 02:13 AM
I loved the small monitors on the memory cards.

Rostum
06-10-2007, 03:18 AM
I always wanted one of these when I was younger, but no matter how many competitions I entered to win one... I never got one. :(

ZeZipster
06-10-2007, 03:24 AM
I bought 2 from two different people. I burn CDs for them.

No doubt the Dreamcast was the best console for 2D fighters.