PDA

View Full Version : lulu's master onion knight

Harroldo
06-09-2007, 10:25 PM
has anyone here done the 200 lightning strke dodges in order to get lulu's ultimate weapon ?

sephirothishere
06-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Has anyone here ever gotten Lulu in the water and made her swim around all wet and the like?

Tavrobel
06-09-2007, 10:38 PM
I believe that the people who found out about it would have. There's also the people who don't suck at video games. And the people who are patient enough to do it. And you know, the lucky people, so I would imagine that someone here did it.

She doesn't get wet. No one gets wet except in cutscenes. It's a PS2 limitation.

Renmiri
06-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Poor Wakka! ;)

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
06-10-2007, 08:46 AM
has anyone here done the 200 lightning strke dodges in order to get lulu's ultimate weapon ?

I was lazy so I beat the game without getting it.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-10-2007, 10:20 AM
i have, everytime i've played through (bout 5 times i think). i don't get why every makes such a big deal about this. it's not difficult!!! yes it's time consuming and takes some patience but it's still easy.

if you go just inside the north section of thunder plains and stand at the point where the 2 paths coming into the north section, the lightning strikes very frequently. it strikes twice in a row followed by like a 2 second gap before the next 2. doesn't take THAT long really

GuitarGuy1181
06-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Its really not too hard to get, you just have to be really patient. There are harder weapons to get in this game...

SeeDRankLou
06-16-2007, 03:18 AM
I do it every time I play this game. It's one of the easier sigils to get. Now Tidus's....

Cookie
06-16-2007, 03:44 AM
I do it every time I play this game. It's one of the easier sigils to get. Now Tidus's....

Which game were you playing :/?

Ender
06-16-2007, 05:19 AM
I just did it. I'm not sure if the count resets if you reset the game, or if it will save with your save game (in which case it becomes significantly easier--just repeatedly save and reload if you get struck), but I chose the little "ramp" near the save point in TP-North and got in on my first try. The save point is near a tower so when you need a break you just take two steps forward and you won't get struck.

I will say that while dodging 200 bolts might be insanity-inducing, it took me a good 90 minutes less than getting 00:00:00 in the Chocobo Race, and takes significantly less work than hunting fiends across the world to unlock the Masamune.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-16-2007, 06:31 PM
accessing a save sphere or restting the game resets the counter of how many bolts you have dodged.

getting the sun sigil isn't difficult either. you only percieve it to be difficult because you expect it to be

rubah
06-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I got it. It wasn't too bad when you do it the right way.

SeeDRankLou
06-17-2007, 12:11 AM
getting the sun sigil isn't difficult either. you only percieve it to be difficult because you expect it to be
Or because it is so based on random luck that it actually is difficult about 90% of the time.

qwertysaur
06-17-2007, 12:26 AM
The Saturn Sigil is the only one I still never got.

Ender
06-17-2007, 02:23 AM
accessing a save sphere {chop} resets the counter of how many bolts you have dodged.

I know you know a lot about the game...but you are wrong about that. Not that it matters, since if you are right about resetting the game then it doesn't matter if you saved or not once you get hit...

BUT I accessed the save sphere 37 times (I kept a running tab of my dodges--I was not using the no encounters ability, so I actually fought a battle about every 6 dodges or so) to save my game and ended up with 229 and the Venus Sigil...accessing the save sphere absolutely does not reset the count in _every_ version of the game.

??? I'll disagree with you here...on the basis of personal OPINION

IMO the only way for any halfway normal human being to accomplish this is to collect--at a minimum--12 more flags than hits. I suspect most people have a difficult enough time just collecting 12 flags on any given run--doubly so given that under some setups you simply can't get enough flags before the turn for a normal player to make up for it on the rest of the course. And then the birds...sometimes the margin for error is so slim that if you don't have Jedi reflexes you're toast. There is a huge element of luck involved. At least dodging bolts only requires you to be systematic.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-17-2007, 09:42 AM
i dunno bout the save sphere reset thing cos i personally never tested it, i'm just going by what it says in the guide. i don't think it's necessary anyway. we'll just settle on a difference of opinion :D

the last time i played through this game i got the sun sigil on my 3rd attempt. i agree that it is based on luck but only for the first stretch down the ramp, in that the 6 balloons need to be on ur side of the ramp. if you can get all those first six it's not too hard to get the necessary amount you need. jus take the path with the most balloons on it (or the path the trainer hasn't taken if she's in front) and don't go for a balloon unless you're 100% you won't get hit by a bird in the process. getting hit by a bird actually adds like 5 seconds onto ur time because you stop for 2 seconds when you get hit.

btw, i love the fact that you referred to me as not being human! :D if this is the case then endless must be some kind of earth bound deity!!!

rubah
06-17-2007, 04:38 PM
The saturn sigil is basically a timed maze. Except it's not a top-down maze! make notes on whether you pass the red butterflies on the left or right or front or back, then memorize it.

Hambone
06-17-2007, 11:39 PM
She doesn't get wet. No one gets wet except in cutscenes. It's a PS2 limitation.

...Did you even watch the spring scene?

I still haven't gotten Lulu her Sigil. I just gave her Soul of Mog with break damage limit, Magic Booster, One MP Cost, and Magic +20% until I get around to doing some lightening dodging.

Tavrobel
06-18-2007, 12:04 AM

She's not actually wet, but I would define wet as being covered in water or a non-viscuous substance. The REAL substance in which she is covered is not water, contains glucose, and is censored for us immature, uncouth, American brutes. There's a little thing in stories called "hidden meanings."

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-18-2007, 09:30 AM
doesn't the highly intelligent blue-cheese conversation of tav suit him so well :D

licence
06-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Spring Scene?

Tavrobel
06-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Spring Scene?

The Spring (http://bluelaguna.net/fmvinfo/ffx/672.php)

licence
06-18-2007, 06:18 PM
O I see. I've never called it that name.

Nifleheim7
06-18-2007, 06:36 PM

Umm...he did say EXCEPT in cutscenes.So what's the point in your question?:confused:

Tavrobel
06-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Umm...he did say EXCEPT in cutscenes.So what's the point in your question?:confused:

His point was to show his own failure of understanding in regarding sexual innuendo.

Hambone
06-18-2007, 11:12 PM

His point was to show his own failure of understanding in regarding sexual innuendo.

...No.