PDA

View Full Version : What is the crappiest Square Enix game you ever played?

hplvr
06-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Me it has to be Valkyrie Profile" Silmeria
what about you guys?

Timber Maniac
06-10-2007, 03:46 AM
Hm, where do I begin? :)

LunarWeaver
06-10-2007, 04:21 AM
There was this Mana-series-but-not-really thing for the Super Nintendo I played once...I thought it was just awful. Secret of Evermore or something? God, I just can't remember. But I believe it was made by Square USA, so there ya go. I hated that thing.

I'm also going to give a nod to Vagrant Story because I'm a masochist and I want other members to beat me up with their harsh text. VS is a very love or hate kind of game, and I sure didn't love it, kiddies.

Zeromus_X
06-10-2007, 04:23 AM
The Valkyrie Profile series is developed by tri-Ace, not Square-Enix, but yeah. >_>

It is hard to say what SE game I like the least, since I'm generally not very picky. I guess I'll just throw in Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

You should try Secret of Mana (unless you already have and didn't enjoy it), Lunar. And Seiken Densetsu 3. They're both much better than Secret of Evermore.

Enjolras
06-10-2007, 04:28 AM
*beats LunarWeaver with harsh text*

ZeZipster
06-10-2007, 05:26 AM
FFX-2

Vermachtnis
06-10-2007, 06:37 AM
I'm with LunarWeaver...I didn't really umm care for Vagrent Story either.

Karellen
06-10-2007, 06:49 AM
If there is a SE game worse then Children of Mana, I don't want to play it.

Red Phire
06-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Final Fantasy X and X-2
Star Ocean:TTEOT

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2007, 09:26 AM
King's Knight or Tobal no.1.
One is a generic side scrolling shooter that's just bad...
The other is a poor 3D fighter (wait I forgot... Most 3D fighting games suck:p )

Also... *Beats Lunarweaver and Omni Legacy with harsh text*

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
06-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Energheiz. Damn confusing move list!

Tallulah
06-10-2007, 01:45 PM
FFX-2

Comet
06-10-2007, 01:53 PM
The Whole Final Fantasy Series.

Hazzard
06-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Xenosaga and Threads of Fate.

Karellen
06-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Xenosaga is not SquareEnix. Unless you mean Xenogears.

Cledarius
06-10-2007, 07:21 PM

I guess you mean Ehrgeiz. Yeah that game sucks. Near all moves (excluding special moves) were stolen from other games. Same for the looks of the chars. I only bought it because of cloud, Sephi and Tifa.

That was a greeeeaaat mistake from squaresoft. But they learned and never made a game that bad again.

Hazzard
06-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Xenosaga is not SquareEnix. Unless you mean Xenogears.

Thanks for correcting me.

Eiko Guy
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Then why are you here?
I am leaning toward ffx-2. I love the game but square could have done some amazing things with it, and instead they dropped the ball.

Hazzard
06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Then why are you here?
I am leaning toward ffx-2. I love the game but square could have done some amazing things with it, and instead they dropped the ball.

The silly boy was lying...(Stupid elman)

Necronopticous
06-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Tobal No. 1

Comet
06-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Stupid andre

Laddy
06-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I'd say FF:MQ or any portable Dragon Quest that's not a remake.

Xaven
06-15-2007, 04:59 AM
The Legend of Dragoon. :O

:O

abrojtm
06-15-2007, 05:23 AM
Absolutely Fullmetal Alchemist.

Avarice-ness
06-15-2007, 07:22 AM

I was about to say the same I just didn't remember if they made it or not. <3

Endless
06-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Children of Mana is a fine dungeon crawler. Dawn of Mana, on the other hand...

Zeromus_X
06-15-2007, 07:54 AM

I was about to say the same I just didn't remember if they made it or not. <3

Legend of Dragoon was developed by Sony. :(

Markus. D
06-15-2007, 11:34 PM

I guess you mean Ehrgeiz. Yeah that game sucks. Near all moves (excluding special moves) were stolen from other games. Same for the looks of the chars. I only bought it because of cloud, Sephi and Tifa.

That was a greeeeaaat mistake from squaresoft. But they learned and never made a game that bad again.

The powerstone style game was pretty unique for it's time ^^

The game is actually really fun... The generic and rather bland characters make it not so grand.

Had a pretty neat RPG-ish mode though :D

oddler
06-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Had a pretty neat RPG-ish mode though :D

You ain't a-kiddin'! :)

Firo Volondé
06-16-2007, 12:36 AM
There was this Mana-series-but-not-really thing for the Super Nintendo I played once...I thought it was just awful. Secret of Evermore or something? God, I just can't remember. But I believe it was made by Square USA, so there ya go. I hated that thing.

I played it, thinking it was the sequel to SoM. :( Quite horrible, but the gameplay was much better than Mystic Quest, and only marginally worse in the story, so I'll say the crappiest SE game I've played is FF:MQ.

Mirage
06-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Secret of evermore was pretty crap, so was FF Mystic Quest and Dragon Quest 8.

bipper
06-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Secret of evermore was pretty crap, so was FF Mystic Quest

I liked DQ8, so I am only gonna part quote you there. I will then and an X2 to the mix.

PresidentSEARS
06-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Secret of evermore was pretty crap, so was FF Mystic Quest and Dragon Quest 8.
I loved SoE and FFMQ was my third ever RPG - it was terrible though.

I hated the FFLegend series, when it still had Square printed on the box, not sunsoft

atlanteay
06-17-2007, 11:16 PM
I thought FFTA was terrible and boring as heck.

Rase
06-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Unlimited Saga.

Amundusias
06-20-2007, 05:24 AM
Unlimited Saga. The art was pretty to look at...that's all it has going for it.

ReloadPsi
06-24-2007, 02:09 PM

This and FFXI. Thought I think FFXI wins my award, mainly for costing me so much just to play it for ten minutes and decide that it sucked.

Dreddz
06-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Tobal No. 1

No. You did not just say that. Tobal No. 1 was a great fighter ( on par with Buishido Blade in my opinion ). I refuse to think someone can hate this game. I love it.

Whats with the Unlimited Saga hate here. Not a good game but not beyond the point where I would say it was crap. Very difficult though. I'd say Squares Enix's worst game was.....Cruise Chaser Blassty. Now that game was crap.

robbiesama
06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Final Fantasy X, Secret of Evermore, Final Fantasy X, The Bouncer, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X. Oh.. and I forget the name of it, but it was that game that had uhmm... Yuna? I think.. and Tidus??

escobert
06-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Final Fantasy 10

Khaotic
06-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Romancing SaGa

I'm wondering why lots of people are saying X-2 was a bad game. The game being girly isn't exactly a reason to say it's bad, considering the gameplay was actually quite decent. I guess there will always be a bandwagon though.

escobert
06-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Romancing SaGa

I'm wondering why lots of people are saying X-2 was a bad game. The game being girly isn't exactly a reason to say it's bad, considering the gameplay was actually quite decent. I guess there will always be a bandwagon though.
!? Romancing saga was a nice addition to the Saga games imo.

Lachrymosa
06-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally I was going to say Dirge of Cerberus, but then I decided Legend of Mana was worse.

I didn't really like FFX, either...although I loved FFX-2. Man, I have some really unpopular opinions about games.

06-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Xenogears goes down in history as the first RPG I ever started but couldn't bring myself to play all the way through, and the only one on a major console (by which I mean, not a handheld one).

Generally I'll finish any RPG all the way through even if I'm not digging it, just to see the ending. I have suffered through games I truly hated for this reason. But Xenogears, holy living crap. I never made it through the first disk. 10 minutes of gameplay, 45 minutes of watching a movie, five more minutes of gameplay, 30 more of a movie, etc. And from what I heard, it only gets worse on the second disk.

Formalhaut
06-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Final Fantasy X

:kaoangry: Final fantasy X! Yikes get-a-life, on of the best games of the series.

Xenogears, vagrant story

(Should of been a poll)

Vivisteiner
06-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.

Markus. D
06-28-2007, 01:11 AM

This and FFXI. Thought I think FFXI wins my award, mainly for costing me so much just to play it for ten minutes and decide that it sucked.

US12.95 is nothing for a month (sure it adds up... but eh)...

*slaps* buy FFXI and play ;3

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Xenogears goes down in history as the first RPG I ever started but couldn't bring myself to play all the way through, and the only one on a major console (by which I mean, not a handheld one).

Generally I'll finish any RPG all the way through even if I'm not digging it, just to see the ending. I have suffered through games I truly hated for this reason. But Xenogears, holy living crap. I never made it through the first disk. 10 minutes of gameplay, 45 minutes of watching a movie, five more minutes of gameplay, 30 more of a movie, etc. And from what I heard, it only gets worse on the second disk.

Final Fantasy X

:kaoangry: Final fantasy X! Yikes get-a-life, on of the best games of the series.

Xenogears, vagrant story

(Should of been a poll)

You two have officailly made my "list" how can anyone hate Xenogears? Or Vagrant Story?

Pummels them with harsh text:p

Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.

I could... nah it would be too easy to explain:D

Karellen
06-29-2007, 10:02 AM
You two have officailly made my "list" how can anyone hate Xenogears? Or Vagrant Story?
Xenogears has rather linear gameplay with a horrible random encounter rate, half-ass jumping puzzles and a very mediocre translation that at times makes delving into the otherwise fantastic plot a chore.

Vagrant Story has a pedantic, unforgiving leveling system which makes it fairly inaccessible to your average JRPG junkie.

I'm not saying that I harbor any dislike for either game but I can understand how others could.

Snap Jumper
06-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Rad Racer 2. Almost drove me as crazy as FF10-2 does.

Vivisteiner
06-29-2007, 11:55 PM

Final Fantasy X

Xenogears, vagrant story

(Should of been a poll)

Pummels them with harsh text:p

Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.

I could... nah it would be too easy to explain:D

*Attempts to fake laugh*

*Then starts whining*

I still dont get it. XD.

Lachrymosa
06-30-2007, 01:58 PM

I know, eh? What's wrong with these people?! -beats them with a copy of Xenogears- :p

Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.

I once wrote out a whole long post explaining why I don't like FFX on another forum, and I could do it again...but I'm lazy and tired, so I'm just going to say it's because I hate Tidus.

Formalhaut
06-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Yeah I can see why :rolleyes2

Obsidian
06-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Unlimited Saga. It was like trying to order Chinese food... For 60 strait hours. With slot machines.

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.

They just hate the things in FFX that the FFX fans love so much. Some of them hate it just to be cool, but some people do genuinely hate it :cry:

Tidus is my favorite character and I LOVE THE LAUGHING SCENE SO MUCH I LOLed!

Ramza Beoulve
07-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally I was going to say Dirge of Cerberus, but then I decided Legend of Mana was worse.You deserve to die just because of this decision :mad2:

Unlimited Saga

Lachrymosa
07-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally I was going to say Dirge of Cerberus, but then I decided Legend of Mana was worse.You deserve to die just because of this decision :mad2:

Aww..such hatred. :cry: I just didn't like the storyline...or should I say, lack of one.

Wolf Kanno
07-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Xenogears has rather linear gameplay with a horrible random encounter rate, half-ass jumping puzzles and a very mediocre translation that at times makes delving into the otherwise fantastic plot a chore.

Vagrant Story has a pedantic, unforgiving leveling system which makes it fairly inaccessible to your average JRPG junkie.

I'm not saying that I harbor any dislike for either game but I can understand how others could.

I understand. I never said either was perfect (remembers the horrible platforming in the Tower of Babel...). But to say they are the worst?

For Vagrant Story though, I actually enjoyed the difficulty. The game came out in a time when I felt games were becoming too accessible (and by that I mean games were becoming ridiculously easy.) I like that it was brutally difficult. It's story made it worth it in the end.:D

Why the FFX hate?

I never get it.

They just hate the things in FFX that the FFX fans love so much. Some of them hate it just to be cool, but some people do genuinely hate it :cry:

Tidus is my favorite character and I LOVE THE LAUGHING SCENE SO MUCH I LOLed!

I hated FFX waaayyy before it became "cool" to hate FFX :cool: But I'm probably lumped into your first explanation. The game is a cheesey interactive TV soap opera in a nutshell. But despite this I still feel Squenix has made much worse games...

Ramza Beoulve
07-01-2007, 09:36 PM

Aww..such hatred. :cry: I just didn't like the storyline...or should I say, lack of one.Sorry about that, I just can't imagine someone who has played LoM thinking of it as a bad game, but actually you could say Legend of Mana had 3 principal storylines, and different side stories. Sorry :(

Fatal Impurity
07-03-2007, 03:33 AM
OF the games ive played i'd probably say FF1 or FF10-2...havnt said that to give an accurate opion you have to think of how they would of made you feel/their relative quality at the time they were realesed...FF1 was good when it came out and was unlike anything at the time, FF10-2 was crap and unadvanced (except for the graphics) even when it first came out so yeah FF10-2 loses...its the worst. Havnt said this there are probably much worse SE games that i havnt played yet.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-04-2007, 12:03 AM
*hurts whoever said Kingdom Hearts*

Out of the ones I have played, either FMA or FFTA (though the whole race-exclusive job system was very interesting).

Brennan
07-04-2007, 12:19 AM
FF X-2
Tipical, I know

Markus. D
07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
OF the games ive played i'd probably say FF1 or FF10-2...havnt said that to give an accurate opion you have to think of how they would of made you feel/their relative quality at the time they were realesed...FF1 was good when it came out and was unlike anything at the time, FF10-2 was crap and unadvanced (except for the graphics) even when it first came out so yeah FF10-2 loses...its the worst. Havnt said this there are probably much worse SE games that i havnt played yet.

are you kidding?

FFX-2 used most of FFXs graphics.

FFX-2 is probably one of squenix's best games when it comes to gameplay.

Gilthanes
07-10-2007, 05:20 AM
FFX-2 could have been alot better but it is nowhere near the worst of SEs games. Personally I found the battle system to be one of FFs finest and well tuned. Who honestly likes spending 5+ minutes on a random encounter when most of it is time spent waiting for a bar to fill

One of the only games I ever tried and could not stand to play anymore after 5 minutes was Valkyrie Profile Silmeria

Timerk
07-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Final Fantasy 2.

Amin_Strife
07-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Probably Ehrgeiz. Really didn't see what was so special about that one. I think people just love it that they could play with Cloud and Sephiroth but the game itself was nothing special imo. Secret of Evermore was pretty bad as well yes. *kills the ones who say FFX/FFX-2/KH*^^

Brennan
07-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Probably Ehrgeiz. Really didn't see what was so special about that one. I think people just love it that they could play with Cloud and Sephiroth but the game itself was nothing special imo. Secret of Evermore was pretty bad as well yes. *kills the ones who say FFX/FFX-2/KH*^^

FFX-2 does suck, SE didn't put enough into the game.
So basically, I should kill you.

Amin_Strife
07-15-2007, 05:08 PM

FFX-2 does not suck. It's good if you've played FFX imo. It still has that good atmosphere and while the music and overall storyline may be pretty crappy(save a few songs) it is far from sucky. If i should name a game aside from Ehrgeiz that sucks it has to be Dirge of Cerberus:FFVII. Now please explain to me in what ways SE has putten effort in that game aside from the FMV's...

Jessweeee♪
07-16-2007, 01:05 AM

FFX-2 does not suck. It's good if you've played FFX imo. It still has that good atmosphere and while the music and overall storyline may be pretty crappy(save a few songs) it is far from sucky. If i should name a game aside from Ehrgeiz that sucks it has to be Dirge of Cerberus:FFVII. Now please explain to me in what ways SE has putten effort in that game aside from the FMV's...

I liked it myself, but a lot of people hate it for the same reasons I love it :spin:

tidus_rox
07-22-2007, 12:56 AM

AHHHH OMG WHAAAT!?!??!?

Eiko Guy
07-22-2007, 01:59 AM
X-2 is a great game but it is kinda crappy. i loved a lot of it's music though.

Galvatron
07-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Any Mana same that isn't Seiken Densetsu 3 OrLegend of Mana, I admit Secret of Mana is good but it's crap compared to SD3.
Kingdom Hearts
FFX and X-2
Star Ocean TTEOT
Any FF7 spinoff.

frequency
07-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Gotta go with X-2.

it's the only SE game I know where they're clearly sacrificed plot and excellent characters to throw in loads of side bosses and pants quests.

07-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm surprised no one has said 7th Saga yet. Any takers for that? Even though I could never stomach the idea of finishing xenogears, I don't imagine I would've wanted to finish that one either of it weren't for save states. I mean, I began with Dragon Warrior I so level grinding brings out a certain nostalgia in me, but that game is just one big-ass level grind to the point where even I'm annoyed. I'm sure someone out there thinks it's the worst.

tidus_rox
07-26-2007, 02:56 AM
ne ways... I have to say... MMMM... FF III?? *Casts Thundara on any who said FFX*

Tiamat3710
07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
it would definetly have to be star ocean till the end of time i played that game for TWO HOURS guess what TWO BATTLES so boring and there was like fifty cutscenes

CloudDragon
07-29-2007, 08:09 AM
With patience, Xenogears is perhaps the best RPG to grace the PSX. Games I disliked were Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Lawr
07-30-2007, 01:50 AM
X-2 is a great game but it is kinda crappy. i loved a lot of it's music though.

Any Mana same that isn't Seiken Densetsu 3 OrLegend of Mana, I admit Secret of Mana is good but it's crap compared to SD3.
Kingdom Hearts (The first one, I hope.)
FFX and X-2
Star Ocean TTEOT
Any FF7 spinoff.

Demon Lancer
07-30-2007, 02:54 AM
FF11... I don't consider it a real final fantasy game, I'm not saying its a bad game, No i have no played it (I know that kind of goes against the threads name but w/e) I personally think it was a waist of a number and should have been called Final Fantasy Online. Instead of taking up one of the numbers

Momiji
07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Unlimited Saga.

Absolutely, and without a doubt.

Full Metal Alchemist and the Broken Angel was pretty lame too. The second game was okay though.

pspkilla
08-02-2007, 11:13 PM
I think Unlimited Saga was the worst.

black orb
08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
>>> Kingdom hearts.

BG-57
08-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I actually liked FFMQ, although it wasn't a great game by any means. The biggest flaw was that with a two-person party, status ailments could doom the party at lot more quickly. I liked the visible enemies (a quality shared by FFXII) and the puzzles. It was far too easy to overpower the foes once a means to replenish MP became easily optainable.

Also I liked FFX-2 a lot, although the plot was not up to the standard of FFX, it shouldn't blind the players to it's great gameplay aspects.

I'd have to say my least favorite I've played is FFII. I always finish every FF-except for this one. I found the characters and plotline unmemorable and flat. Even FFI was better.

The worst game I've never played is Chocobo World on the Pocketstation. Not that I know what playing it would be like, but being denied the oppurtunity has left a gigantic chip on my shoulder about it.

pspkilla
08-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Chocobo World was actually kind of fun lol, and Kingdom Hearts was a great game in my opnion, the camera pissed me off at times, but the gameplay and story more than made up for it, and KHII was even better.

BG-57
08-10-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm sure it is. I'm not against the game per se, just the way it was marketed:

1) Chocobo World is only way to get some rare FFVIII items, basically blackmailing you to buy an extra game to complete everything.

2) You have to import both the game and platform to actually play it.

I can tolerate one or the other, but not both. :mad:

sdm42393
08-12-2007, 02:37 AM
ff8 or crystal chronicles

Grazia
08-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Unlimited Saga

The Mog Ninja
08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Crystal Chronicles!

IceBreaker
08-14-2007, 01:26 AM
I agree with people that X-2 was good, but personally I didn't think it was as good as the rest if the series apart from XI (I hated that xD)

50calCerberus
08-21-2007, 11:40 AM
i would have to say musashi and 12...i cant believe some people hated ff10 and threads of fate though:(

50calCerberus
08-21-2007, 11:41 AM
o ya cant forget 11

princess_yunie_10
08-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 and Crystal Chronicles.

Brandon Stroud
08-29-2007, 07:51 AM
I gotta say that the worst Square-Enix game I've touched would have to be Unlimited Saga. Killer opening sequence and music, but from there on... It was virtually unplayable for me. Not because of difficulty, but lack of control in exploration and combat. I literally had the game for just under 24 hours (between 21 and 23) and I immediately took it back to the GameStop.

hplvr
08-30-2007, 05:34 PM
ok... so this thread has been going on longer than i expected.... so lets talk about the BEST Square games made EVER
for me it would have to be either Final Fantasy XII or Dragon Quest VIII, they are both tied

Jessweeee♪
09-05-2007, 12:58 AM
THREADS OF FATE IS THE BEST EVAR!!!!

IMHO.

leader of mortals
09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Best: Dragon Quest 8

Worst: Final Fantasy X after the first playthrough

Gennosuke
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Final Fantasy x-2:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: OMG that game is the worst thing ever it shouldn't even be allowed the FF name!!!:mad2: :mad2: seriously it makes me sooooooooooo mad that Final Fantasy X was AMAZING then they make the 'sequel', even when i was watching the retrospective of X and that came on i just wanted to burn my computer!!!I HATE IT!!!!:mad2:

Reeno the Alchemist
09-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Ehhh...since I wasn't here to post the worst I will do it now...

Worst:Romancing Saga (omg I can't even believe it's a square game.)

Bestest estest estest ESTEST!: Chrono Cross. ^^ first RPG I played. <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 :love:

Lawr
09-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Best: Dragon Quest 8

Worst: Final Fantasy X after the first playthrough

Other way around, only I don't think FF10 is the best. Maybe Chrono Trigger, or Final Fantasy 4.

Lynx
09-07-2007, 11:56 PM
best: hmm FFIX and FFVI

worst: FFCC

├Pineapple┤
09-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Vagrant Story. That game sucked so bad, I barely got past the first level.

Sailor Princess
09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
i dont like dirge of cerebus, dont like vincent. he was a bad character. ive never played 11, is it bad?

Bunny
09-10-2007, 01:18 PM
10-2.

Sailor Princess
09-10-2007, 01:40 PM
10-2 is amazing! yuna is back and 100 times sexyer then before! rikku and paine are great characters and leblanc is a kick ass ho! its a great game, why do you hate it?

Brandon Stroud
09-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Favorite Square Enix game of all time? Let's try this...

16-Bit Squaresoft Era: Chrono Trigger, hands down.

CD-ROM Era (Pre Square-Enix merger): Tie - Xenogears and Final Fantasy IX

Current Era (Square Enix): Star Ocean Til the End of Time

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2007, 06:40 PM
i dont like dirge of cerebus, dont like vincent. he was a bad character. ive never played 11, is it bad?

It's an MMO, so I wouldn't rank it along with the other FFs...I've never played another MMO, so I can't compare it to anything :P

Madame Adequate
09-15-2007, 10:14 PM
All SaGa games. They are atrocious beyond measure.

Edit: Fact: FFX is the best FF, FFX-2 is great, and Vagrant Story is awesome if you can get into it. Fact transmission end!

Rianoa
09-16-2007, 01:06 AM
FFX-2

yeah i agree but Drakengard is i duno Caims in love with his sister Furie acording to the dragons hints the things she says ew i lurv ff but its just gros

Irenicuss
10-11-2007, 02:42 AM
KH1-2 and ffx and x-2. that's about it, i don't really care about SE anymore *sigh*

cloud21zidane16
10-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Kingdom Hearts, its just not my kind of game:rolleyes2

Angi-Kaiser
10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Hmm... Dawn of Mana, anyone? It's playable, but just barely. What makes it so bad is the fact that it had such enormous potential! When I saw the World of Mana artwork, drawn up in Legend of Mana fashion, and the early screens of Keldy running over green plains with rabites bouncing around, I knew that I had to buy a PS2. It looked to be what fans had been clamoring for for years: A Mana game in the roots of Secret of Mana. Free-roaming world map, a twisting storyline. And then we get bad camera angles, an over-focus on the mono system, and the elimination of most RPG elements (No towns, no levels past 4, story chapters, loss of levels after every chapter). And now they probably won't make any more Mana games on the logic that "Dawn of Mana did badly, people don't want another one." If Square would just go back to the old formula, Mana could thrive once again.

Markus. D
10-23-2007, 04:48 AM

It's an MMO, so I wouldn't rank it along with the other FFs...I've never played another MMO, so I can't compare it to anything :P

It has a storyline that pretty much pummels most of the others out of anything.

And the gameplay is fantastic :]

edit: and as for the person claiming Caim to love Furiae or however you spell it, Only as a brother.

It's the other way around, and it might be grosse yes, but it adds a new depth in storylines that games just don't experiment with these days (They never kiss or anything, Furiae gets dammned after death (By her spoony bard "Boyfriend") and kills everyone, it's real twisted...)

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 12:42 AM
FFX-2 is probably one of squenix's best games when it comes to gameplay.[/quote]

!!!!!wat it was a cheap budget game they use all the same backgrounds and suroudings from FFX and they didn't even talk in time with there voices the only reson ppl bought it was to see wat happened to tidus then you have to get a high percentage to get an ending where she finds him. Silver rings gold earings to protect them in battle its just like charlies angels full of cheese.

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 12:54 AM
It's the other way around, and it might be grosse yes, but it adds a new depth in storylines that games just don't experiment with these days[/quote]

theres a reson for that watching all the vids it just plain wierd babies eating ppl that cycopath mana killing the world cause her mum didn't love her yes i got it mixed up Furie is the one who loves him and her thick headed Inuart puts her in one of those eggy seed things i must admit watching Furie kill Dumb ass Inuart was funny (random though) and thank god Caim loses his voice e.g feel the steel of my blade empire scum thank god he loses his voice there is ways to make things diffrent but its to far.

Momiji
01-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Unlimited Saga.

That about sums it up. It was the only game I've ever played for about 10 minutes, and traded it back to the secondhand shop I got it from.

The Last Oath
01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
hahahaahah, 10 imuntes

Shotgunnova
01-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Best: FFT/Xenogears
Worst: Unlimited Saga

I just find it hard to get into the game -- heck, I even bought it knowing I fully hate the art styling. It's really not as bad as people say, but for a company who's had unmitigated success in the same genre, it makes the lows appear even lower. FFX-2 also instantly springs to mind (at least Mystic Quest didn't hide the fact it was of an 'introductory' vein) because even the decent battle system is unable to keep the thing afloat. Since someone mentioned Drakengard, I kinda admit that the game's fun...for a few hours. When the monotony rains, it really pours.

Vagrant Story...well, I attribute most of my dislike to the fact I'm just not as good a fiend at precise button-mashing as I used to be. It's rather unforgiving to newcomers but it's got a great plot & unique battle system just the same. Just 'cause I suck at it doesn't make it an utter failure, after all.

ReloadPsi
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I played this 'un named Final Fantasy Eleven that I simply couldn't stand. One of my friends talked me into playing it, spent a ton of Gil on a World Pass and then I played for twenty minutes and said "This is wank." He was not pleased.

Tactics Advance is tied for sheer disappointment too. I was kind of hoping to play that cool game with that Lion War that wasn't released in the UK and which I'd only ever been able to play for about half an hour at a time at a friend's house several miles away, and instead got a snowball fight, a practise duel against a Bangaa and then a flower-picking mission (with goblins to kill). Oh, and a judge system which turned out rules like "No magic" when against Flans, "No physical attacks" when against things that cast Reflect a lot, and my favourite, "No damage to monsters" (hopelessly smurfing you up if you had no Confuse, Bio or Death). Later on you could apparently get rule cards that let you get around this but I couldn't be bothered. I'd already seen enough. Thank smurf I only emulated it. I had a friend who really, really liked this game and he didn't understand why I hated it so much. I gave him a ROM of FFT on the PSX and within twenty minutes we saw eye-to-eye. He's not played TA since.*

Unlimited Saga.

That about sums it up. It was the only game I've ever played for about 10 minutes, and traded it back to the secondhand shop I got it from.

Crap, there's always someone out there who's beaten all my endurance records.

*P.S. Don't bother flaming me for my opinion on FFTA. The last person who tried that got burned, forgetting I was in a PAL territory and had been waiting for FFT for years.

P.P.S. Oh smeg, turns out this thread has been necroposted.

Mercen-X
01-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Final Fantasy VII . . . Oh, wait we're talking about the worst now?

I originally had The Bouncer pegged... no, wait, it still qualifies. I like the game but as far as know it's the worst Square-related game I've played.

Jiro
01-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Hm, the worst I played was probably Romancing Saga. But thats because i couldn't read it. So, that doesn't really count. I'd say The Bouncer even though I thought it was a decent game.

Fynn
01-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Definitely FF: Mystic Quest, though it was still quite enjoyable.

Markus. D
01-27-2008, 12:18 AM
FFX-2

yeah i agree but Drakengard is i duno Caims in love with his sister Furie acording to the dragons hints the things she says ew i lurv ff but its just gros

Caim loves Furiae (I forgot the name...) as a sister.

It's Furiae who loves Caim more than a brother... She unfortuanetly pays for it in the end...

Drakengard has one of the most unique stories in RPG history (though it did not always tell it so well...) and Drakengard 2 includes a wonderful story and actual gameplay.

wooh~

Aydin
01-31-2008, 09:58 PM
If movies were involved. I would say FFX: AC but since it's not...

I would say that FFVIII was my least favorite. Too boring and the 'draw' system was really tedious and too time consuming.

Wait, now that I think of it, FFXII was so much worse than FFVIII! I hated the system so much! I mean what was so bad about the battle system where you input commands and don't move at all! T_T

[QUOTE=atlanteay;2219823]I thought FFTA was terrible and boring as heck.

-slaps- You can't just decide that it sucked after ten minutes if game play. By the way, it gets better later in the game when you get to party and it's fun as heck!

Rostum
02-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Judging an MMO based on 10 minutes is just full on stupidity.

Anyway, the worst Square-Enix game has to be FF7: DoC.

50calCerberus
02-01-2008, 05:30 AM
If movies were involved. I would say FFX: AC but since it's not...

I would say that FFVIII was my least favorite. Too boring and the 'draw' system was really tedious and too time consuming.

Wait, now that I think of it, FFXII was so much worse than FFVIII! I hated the system so much! I mean what was so bad about the battle system where you input commands and don't move at all! T_T

ya i agree:D

Aerith's Knight
02-01-2008, 02:54 PM

I played it for a month.. decided it sucked even after reaching higher levels.. and stopped playing

Rostum
02-04-2008, 05:26 AM
I played it for a month.. decided it sucked even after reaching higher levels.. and stopped playing

So, do you have a point?

FF_Chick
02-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Everyone would be supprised if I said this, but...

FFVII and any other spinoff besides Crisis core. I just... didn't get in FFVII at all, it bored me. Many people say Midgar was cool... I didn't get that part. I'm sorry guys, but FFVII... it's just not that good, unless you like being bored to death.

My favorite Squaresoft game is Chrono Trigger ^_^. Probably their only good game besides FFVI, FFV, FFIV and FFIX IMO.

Mercen-X
02-05-2008, 11:07 PM
i would have to say musashi and 12...i cant believe some people hated ff10 and threads of fate though:(

One-on-one, the enemies are easy to slice through. It's only the situations where Musashi is being attacked by a group where the game poses some difficulty. So if there's a hassle afoot, it's just a matter of backing up and slice, slice, slice.

Musashi had a predictable story, bland characters (aside from Istara, I dig her), and a horrible duplication system. I've already compiled a system which works better for implementing the various abilities learned in the game. One of my biggest peeves comes from the focus gauge that could be broken the second the enemy made a sudden movement like jumping. That wouldn't be a problem if the enemy attacked strategically instead of at random.

I do not agree with the quote. I mean, it's true, but there's nothing wrong with it. Check the title. It's called Musashi: Samurai Legend. Now go watch Rurouni Kenshin and listen to what Mr. Himura has to say about one-on-one fighting.

I like the game, but it is crappy. Did I mention the crap voices?

Strawberry_Mew
02-09-2008, 07:54 AM
I have to say the worst one I ever played wuz Final Fantasy Tactics the battles wuz long and I just couldn't really stand playing it. Like just one battle took like almost 30 min. Levelin up on that game would take forever.

The best Square game is 2 hard for me to decide I love their games lol even though some don't...everyone has his or her own option XD

ReloadPsi
02-10-2008, 04:21 PM

-slaps- You can't just decide that it sucked after ten minutes if game play. By the way, it gets better later in the game when you get to party and it's fun as heck!

I listened to my housemate bitch about the formation of parties and how you always got stuck with some American player expecting you to do nothing but cast "Refresh" on each party member or something, and he's the one who tried to get me playing it! Then he'd mention how annoying it was that he spent most of his time running after monsters who he'd nearly defeated and would then just run off.

Ten minutes is an exaggeration. I played long enough to level up a few times and still found it boring. Don't you DARE tell me I didn't give the game a chance or else I'll happily pick up the chance I gave FFX, roll it into a ball and throw it at you so hard you'll explode like a victim of Sub Zero's snowball Fatality!

NEVER accuse a person of not giving a game a chance after ten minutes, especially one who played through to the end of FFX and then some just so people would stop accusing him of "not giving the game a chance". I've masochistically "given it a chance" to enough games to last fifteen lifetimes and as far as I'm concerned I'll have seventy times the leg to stand on when talking about games I gave a chance. Now I just don't bother reading gaming news, let alone playing them, as when I form opinions of games (ever walked out of a movie that you actually paid entry for? I actually haven't, just so you know. I know what a "chance" is, especially after reaching Penance and conceding I couldn't be bothered.) people just give me :skull::skull::skull::skull: for it because they can't handle this idea that somebody might not agree with them.

You must CHOOSE OR DIE and BE KILLED if your choice is not THE CORRECT one. Gamers are fun that way.
I should put that back in my sig.

P.S. The question on the thread is "Worst SE game you played". Get back on topic, bitches. I could just as easily bash anyone who slagged off FF7 in this topic until I'd realise I have no adequate reason to do so other than my own fan bias.

P.P.S. Final Fantasy VII. Final Fantasy V. Parasite Eve II. GoldenEye 007. Yoshi's Island. Zelda: Link's Awakening. Mortal Kombat Deception. Soul Calibur. Tomb Raider. DOOM. Starwing. What do they all have in common? They're games I didn't initially like, gave them a chance anyway and really got into.

P.P.P.S. Super Mario 64. Final Fantasy X. Both games I've completed almost 100% and still hate, but people kept telling me I wasn't giving them a chance. They still do.

tl;dr : The "ten minute" thing is an exaggeration, I played longer than that, still couldn't get into it, and I've done the same thing with so many games that I've no longer the patience for it, especially with the "you must love this or else you're not my friend!" attitude of most gamers these days.

Roogle
02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
I strongly disliked Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrgeiz:_God_Bless_the_Ring) because it seemed like a horribly incomplete fighting game experience. From what I remember of the game, I hated its Quest Mode about the two archeologists looking for treasure and ending up in a strange, remote village.

Tabris
03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
My least favourite Square-game is Kingdom Hearts. I don't think mixing FF and Disney was a good idea at all, and I never got used to having Goofy and Donald in my party. Sora to me looked like a bad and simplified version of the typical FF-hero.

My favourite Square game is FF-X.

Mercen-X
03-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Ten minutes is an exaggeration. I played long enough to level up a few times and still found it boring.
You must CHOOSE OR DIE and BE KILLED if your choice is not THE CORRECT one. Gamers are fun that way.
P.P.S. Final Fantasy VII. Final Fantasy V. Parasite Eve II. GoldenEye 007. Yoshi's Island. Zelda: Link's Awakening. Mortal Kombat Deception. Soul Calibur. Tomb Raider. DOOM. Starwing. They're games I didn't initially like, gave them a chance anyway and really got into.

P.P.P.S. Super Mario 64. Final Fantasy X. Both games I've completed almost 100% and still hate, but people kept telling me I wasn't giving them a chance. They still do.

"you must love this or else you're not my friend!"
Agreed, agreed. I actually didn't know what VII was before I played it. I own the whole series now with the exception of XI. I played PE/II because I became a fan of Squaresoft. I like MK and SC but hate Bond games and most Nintendo games.

You're statements hit me right in the funnybone. It made me think of this

I was originally a Christian, but now I'm a Mormon.How long were you a Christian?

Ten years.Ten years? You never even gave it a chance.Apparently, if you're of a particular opinion and someone else says they once agreed or considered agreeing or tried to agree, it suddenly becomes necessary to win that someone over and find a way to utterly destroy their reasoning for disagreeing with you... or something like that.

I strongly disliked Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrgeiz:_God_Bless_the_Ring) because it seemed like a horribly incomplete fighting game experience. From what I remember of the game, I hated its Quest Mode about the two archeologists looking for treasure and ending up in a strange, remote village.I actually like the original characters. I didn't like the gameplay.

My least favourite Square-game is Kingdom Hearts. I don't think mixing FF and Disney was a good idea at all, and I never got used to having Goofy and Donald in my party.The only characters I liked in KH (not Squee inspired) were Jack Skellington and Jack Sparrow.
Sora to me looked like a bad and simplified version of the typical FF-hero...I think that may've been part of the point. But actually, Sora was meant as an FF/Anime version of Mickey Mouse.

Bolivar
03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
My favorite Squaresoft game is Chrono Trigger ^_^. Probably their only good game besides FFVI, FFV, FFIV and FFIX IMO.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

LanceOfTime
03-25-2008, 07:43 PM
REAL LIFE.....real life is the most monotonous dull lacking of objective game you can ever fucking play......its discustingly boring especially because of the fact that you can only walk, or drive around and do work....boobs and sex are what drives us and our pointless souls....remember you will all be lost in the depths of the darkest eternity..HELL...:)

Markus. D
03-25-2008, 08:06 PM

Higher Levels eh.

FFXI had the most outstanding locations... of which you never even got to see...

The most sorrow filled NPCs... of whos stories you never heard...

The battle system, of which can clearly not be judged after 10 minutes or these "higher levels" you speak of.

Suikojowy
03-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Unlimited Saga. Worst birthday present ever =/.

Dragon Quest 8 gets a mention too. I know a lot of people loved it but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

BG-57
03-30-2008, 02:16 AM
Was mastering all the classes as frustrating as in DW VII?

feioncastor
03-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Probably FF8, honestly. But as far as non-FF games, I'd say that SaGa Frontier 2 is just awful.

Dignified Pauper
04-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Unlimited Saga clearly wins this thread. I don't care what anyone says.

Roto13
04-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Ergheiz was pretty awful.

04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I'll toss in the name Wonder Project J since no one else has yet. I really thought I'd love it, but it turned out to be so tedious I didn't even finish the thing.

Woodinator
04-03-2008, 03:25 AM
Either FFII or Chocobos Dungeon II (don't remember why, just that I didn't like it at all)

Haven't played Ehrgeiz since I was around 8 and I had no taste in games...so if I replayed it I'd probably dislike it more.

Gennosuke
04-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Has to be FF X-2, WTF was this!!!!

Darsh
04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
First post!!!!!

IMO the worst by square would have to either be the Bouncer cause that game sucked extremely, or FF7. (lol for my first post i must be asking for a verbal beatdown)

Mercen-X
04-03-2008, 10:43 PM
...?
Oh YES! I cannot believe I forgot about Unltd. Saga. That game's Story-telling and Travel system made blood gush out of my tearducts. I was fine with the battle system but it just wasn't enough.

REAL LIFE.....real life is the most monotonous dull lacking of objective game you can ever smurfing play......its discustingly boring especially because of the fact that you can only walk, or drive around and do work....boobs and sex are what drives us and our pointless souls....remember you will all be lost in the depths of the darkest eternity..HELL...:)
Unfortunately, real life was created by God, not Squaresoft, aka, his creepy subsidiaries. Therefore, it does not merit mention in this thread.

Shadowdust
04-07-2008, 07:30 AM
I was going to say a toss up between Final Fantasy X-2 and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. And then I remembered that I ended up "donating" my FF X-2 game because I couldn't stand to see it there in my library whereas Star Ocean remains. I believe an honorable mention should go to the horrid Saga Frontier series as well.

Yar
04-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Star Oceans 1, 2 and 3.

leilei
04-29-2008, 07:08 PM
As for Square i'd have to say Bushido Blade 2. It's nowhere good that the first game was at. That's up there with Brave Fencer Musashi and Final Fantasy VIII.

Enix, well that's a toughie since I haven't played many Enix games other than Dragon Warrior and EVO.

TheOne
04-29-2008, 07:55 PM
ffx-2 that was the crappest game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roogle
04-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Star Oceans 1, 2 and 3.

The Star Ocean series is published by Enix and developed by tri-ACE; therefore, they are not really Square Enix or Enix games like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Final Fantasy X-2.

Suvious
05-09-2008, 07:07 PM
FFX-2
Tetra master annoyed me in some ways but in others I loved Tetra Master... just getting those cards drove me insane :/
FFVIII Was...strange... Guns and swords in one? Not my thing to be honest and the magic system made me what to drown kittens.