PDA

View Full Version : The PSP...sucks

Vivisteiner
06-10-2007, 01:46 PM
It does?

demondude
06-10-2007, 01:48 PM
that was soooooooo yesterday btw you might wanna give it a topic otherwise the inevitable will happen:(

Cookie
06-10-2007, 01:57 PM
There is a topic. And the PSP doesn't suck imo, just needs a few more epic games so I can start using it again.

demondude
06-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah but you know what the mods are like:shifty:

Cookie
06-10-2007, 02:03 PM
The only way it'll get closed is if you keep trying to make chat in here, get on with posting your opinion already.

demondude
06-10-2007, 02:13 PM
okay

I don't think it's that great just because it's really overshadowed by the d.s the gamesaren't as good and were the d.s has the touch functions the psp is just another handheld:)

KentaRawr!
06-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, I'm not too fond of the current game line, but there are a few games I am looking forward to, under the name of Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles. But even without that, I wouldn't go as far to say that the PSP sucks.

Lawr
06-10-2007, 03:04 PM
The only reason I see to get a PSP is FFIV IN 3D WITH VOICES.

Elpizo
06-10-2007, 03:11 PM
The only reason I see to get a PSP is FFIV IN 3D WITH VOICES.

Um, the IV 3D remake is for the DS... PSP has the FF I and II, FFT remakes and Crisis Core and Dissidia.

Lawr
06-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Woops guess the PSP really does suck ;)

Zeromus_X
06-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I dunno, I actually like the PSP. I think the over-abundance of ports and remakes is a good thing...Mega Man, Tales of Phantasia, Eternia, and Destiny 2, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth...and so on.

Shiny
06-10-2007, 06:39 PM
The PSP works better for mobile movies than mobile games, because the controls can be complicated at times. It is, also kind of big for someone with little hands (like me) to use, because of its’ width and length.

Vermachtnis
06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I dunno, I actually like the PSP. I think the over-abundance of ports and remakes is a good thing...Mega Man, Tales of Phantasia, Eternia, and Destiny 2, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth...and so on.

That list is the same list I make when I think of PSP games, well except you forgot Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology :p

Dragonface
06-11-2007, 12:22 AM
okay

I don't think it's that great just because it's really overshadowed by the d.s the gamesaren't as good and were the d.s has the touch functions the psp is just another handheld:)

Yet the PSP can play video AND music UMDs while the DS can't.

Discord
06-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Never felt a desire to buy a hand-held console. It'd much rather go for a PDA or a new mobile if I had to choose.

KentaRawr!
06-11-2007, 12:39 AM
okay

Yet the PSP can play video AND music UMDs while the DS can't.

Don't even bother mentioning UMDs. There are incredibly few movie companies that are willing to make their movie in another format simply to have their movies played on a Video Gaming system as an extra feature. Now, USB, that's where it's at. :p

PyroManiak
06-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Actually I think the psp is better than the DS for one reason, it's hackable:cool:

Markus. D
06-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Woops guess the PSP really does suck ;)

it's allowing people to play Valkyrie Profile in most of its glory.

it's already at least 9/10.

put in loco roco. full 10 :D

edit: and according to Chief Zeromus~ ^^ Tales of~

Jowy
06-11-2007, 01:43 AM
I think Necronopticous and I are the only two people here who've played Every Extend Extra and that makes me sad.

lufia
06-11-2007, 09:42 AM
lol @ demonboy :)

anyways...
some of you guys are wrong, ds is able to play movies, plays them quite well too but ofc not up to pair with the psp's massive screen.

i use a m3 flash card with a 2gb micro memory stick, you can fit about 40 games and watch anime or movies on it without having to hack and mess up your ds. carry a 100 ds games and gba games around in 1 cartrige, God dam y'all ;)

thats the ultimate.

Raebus
06-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Watching movies on a smaller than TV Screen, Huzzah. Its all good and well if you can fit 40 games on that one memory stick, finding games I'd actually like on the psp is harder to do, though.

Dreddz
06-11-2007, 11:51 AM
A good system if your just using it for PSP titles. A great system if you decide to hack it.

Rostum
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I'd say the hacking of it to be it's best feature. It also has some cool PSP-only titles and some very cool ports (like Valkyrie Profile).

I'd never get it for it's movie and audio playing capabilities. If I wanted something like that I'd get a better piece of hardware.

In the end I got a DS, just because there are some good FF titles and I like Nintendo games. That and I've already got things to play audio and movies portable.

But the PSP has had a price drop, so I might consider it when I have the money.

o_O
06-12-2007, 08:45 AM
The fact that I'm posting this from my PSP clearly indicates that it doesn't suck. :p

Vivisteiner
06-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Dissidia Final Fantasy and FFVII:CC could be awesome.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
In terms of original games, the PSP utterly fails. For every decent original PSP game there are literally fifty ports and remakes.

And while hacking is nice and all, having to use emulators to play games that aren't PSP games in order to have a use for one says volumes about the quality of the actual library of titles.

VorpalCyberWolf
06-13-2007, 06:37 PM
I think the PSP and the DS are both perfectly good systems. Both systems have some great titles, both systems have more than some weak ones. Both systems have innovative features, but neither system has been developed up to, or even near it's potential. Just like every system in the Next Gen line including Wii, 360Elite, PS3.

If you can't afford both, buy the one you want and quit your bitching.

ReloadPsi
06-13-2007, 07:09 PM
How could you?!

Don't you love the big screen? Aren't you gonna get your parents to buy you one? What's the matter with you people? I want one so bad, I'm rattling my ass at the top of a dumb ladder!

No, I fail to see the point of the PSP. Any console that gets released with Sony already admitting that there are faults before it hits the shelves is destined to fail. That and I don't like portable gaming and never have.

Rostum
06-14-2007, 04:03 AM
That and I don't like portable gaming and never have.

Then stay out of handheld system threads. :rolleyes2