PDA

View Full Version : final showdowns

DarkMateria
06-10-2007, 07:25 PM
In the final fantasy's ive played, there is a build up to the final boss and then when you fight him he turns out to be a complete pussy.
Which final boss do you think is the most disapointing fight.

For me it has to be Sephiroth. Theres a huge buildup, then i was able to beat him easily with low level characters and materia.

Also, is there a final boss that gave you trouble?

jammi567
06-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Probally, if you're being really, really technical, Yu-Yevon from X. I mean, he's meant to be immortal, when in fact, i am!

And i'm glad that you can find a criticism in that game.

riallews
06-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Biggest letdown for me was XII, closely followed by X.

all that training and seeing how hard some of the creatures could be in the final areas of the games and thinking whoah, we're in for something here. Then... flat. Of course the ending scenes in X made it up for me, which is why XII is my most disappointing.

I found VIII difficult, but it was my first FF game so that might explain it. we'll see when i get round to my second full playthrough....

demondude
06-10-2007, 07:45 PM
final fantasy 9s i wanted to see kuja eat quina but it ws the other way round:(

Takara
06-10-2007, 11:42 PM
FFIX. You're expecting the final boss to be Kuja and the fight would be awesome and epic, but then you have to fight that wimp Necron. WTF?

Hardest final boss for me was NeoXdeath.

Vermachtnis
06-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Yu Yevon gets my vote. Youu go through two phases of Braska all the aeons and for what: a fight you can't lose at.

Zeromus was the hardest.

Hambone
06-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Easiest/Most disappointing: FFX, and I think XII's will be easy too considering people say it's really easy at lvl. 50 and I'm at lvl. 58. Oh, and FFX-2.

Hardest: FFIII DS, FFIX

Bolivar
06-11-2007, 01:35 AM
most dissapointed - XII. When I played the demo I thought how could they have the cinematic final boss fights like they've always had with this. I thought they were going to step up and do it, but they didn't, and the fight was real easy after some of the marks you get endgame.

I think the most interesting boss fight is against Zeromus - because there's really no way you can prepare for it, you just gotta hope Rydia's (lowest HP) HP is high enough to survive one Big Bang, so that way you can full heal everyone and keep going.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-11-2007, 02:16 AM
Also, is there a final boss that gave you trouble?

Ultimecia in FFVIII infuriated me. I just don't understand it - you have to fight her, then Griever, then her junctioned with Griever, then fight half of them, then (at last) the real Ultimecia.

I mean c'mon! Four iterations of the same boss is bad enough, but five? That's overkill.