PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, decisions

Skyblade
06-11-2007, 05:24 PM
There are two points in the game where you have to choose one item over another: The pyramid ruins, and the Rainbow Shell. Everyone seems to suggest taking the Safe Helm from the ruins and the Prism Dress from the Rainbow Shell. My question is: why? Especially for the Prism Dress. There are 3 other Prism Dresses in the game (on the first playthrough): Run the Black Omen in 1000 AD, make sure you take Ayla with you, and charm it from Zeal. Pop in the Epoch, head to 600 AD, and do it again. Go back further, to 12000 BC, and run it a third time. Bingo, three Prism Dresses. And, lo and behold, you have three girls on your team. You will also have charmed away 3 Prism Helms this way. Now, you have 3 Prism Dresses, and 3 Prism Helms. Why would you want to get a fourth Prism Dress, which no one can use, instead of three more of one of the game's most powerful helms?

As for the Swallow, since you can also charm a Safe Helm away from the Lavos Spawn in the Black Omen, I'd pick up the weapon, since it is the only way to obtain the Swallow in the game, and I'm a perfectionist.

theundeadhero
06-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I always get the swallow too. I thougt this was going to be about character choices. I was going to say make an extra save when it's time to kill Magus or have him join you. Then play through to the end and save, one with Magus and one without. At that point you can beat the game for two endings, or go save cloud real quick for two other endings.

Takara
06-13-2007, 03:26 AM
or go save cloud real quick for two other endings.

lol, Cloud? Well, I guess he is a blonde version of Crono. They both have spiky hair. :D

sockmonkey
06-23-2007, 05:52 PM
The heroes for a lot of RPGs tend to be almost-clones of each other.
I find it amusing.

The Unknown Guru
07-23-2007, 01:34 AM
I took the Prism Helms and the Safe helm. You can get the Safe Helm from other places, but it's probably the best helmet in the game while the Swallow is just a puny sword.

sockmonkey
07-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Once I play the game for the first time I always use the new game + feature every time so it's kind of a moot point for me. The items really aren't great enough to justify making it such a big deal anyhow.

blackmage_nuke
07-30-2007, 12:02 AM
I get the swallow as it's a long time before a better sword comes along

Heath
08-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I usually don't bother with the Swallow because by the time I'm about to get it, I've usually got a better sword handy anyway. I might have taken it once for the sake of completion, but usually it's the Safe Helm for me. I usually only take the Prism Helms myself because I tend to always go through Black Omen multiple times so I may as well get the amount of Prism Dresses I need while I'm there.