PDA

View Full Version : Nail biting

Rye
06-11-2007, 09:56 PM
I finally broke my nail biting habit. It was unbelievably difficult, seeing how I've been biting my nails to the quick ever since I was about 5, and I'm turning 17 in a few days. It was always a really nervous habit. It's still difficult, because even though I won't bite my nails, I still have impulses to have my nails in my mouth.

:kaocry:

Are you a nail biter? Were you? Did you quit?

Sergeant Hartman
06-11-2007, 09:57 PM
You bite your toe nails? :hat:

oddler
06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
My name is Jeff and I'm addicted to biting my nails.

I first started too long ago to remember. I don't even remember why I did it. It's a choice that I'd take back in a heartbeat if I ever got the chance to go back and do it again. Trying to quit is torture. I've tried many times but I always end up regressing into a state of dependency. I just needed to share that with all of you.

Thank you.

Rye
06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Nah. I paint those lovely colors of red and purple. Just my fingernails.

And oddler, I know how that is. I can't even count how many times I tried to stop. But this time, I was just able to do it. It's weird, because it happened around the time I decided not to eat for 3/4 days. Not that I advocate anyone doing that to quit nail biting.

Tavrobel
06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I recently had a conversation about this with my teacher.

I still don't understand how one bites toenails, but whatever.

And to be on topic, no. Nail biting is disgusting. Just think of the germs you're giving a free ride into your mouth; however, it just seems like that isn't a problem with getting germs for you.

escobert
06-11-2007, 10:03 PM
I did long long ago. I just stopped because I would much rather just cut them. SOOOOO much easier.

Faris
06-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm on an on-off basis with my nail biting.

Zeldy
06-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Ive never had the urge to bite my nails, nor have I ever found it attractive to do so. I think its disgusting, especially when I have to listen to people biting.

I get so many compliments for my nails, and people asking if they're fake as they're quite long xD

Tifa Valentine
06-11-2007, 10:18 PM
I used to bite my nails. My sister helped me stop by checking my nails every Friday and if I didn't touch them she would reward me with chocolate.:p

My boyfriend bites his nails, but I don't know what to do to get him to stop.:confused:

Venom
06-11-2007, 11:08 PM
I stopped biting my nails 3 months ago. I was doing it since I was like 4 or something.

Shiny
06-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Are you a nail biter?
Nope. I used to when I was younger, but not anymore.

Were you?
...That was just established.

Did you quit?
YES. I just told you this.

Leen-Leen
06-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Nope, I have never had a nail biting habit in my life. It makes me wonder what I do when I'm nervous or anxious, though. I've never noticed if I have a habit of doing anything while I'm nervous or anxious.

Evastio
06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
I've never bitten my nails and I've never personally known anyone who has.

kikimm
06-12-2007, 12:42 AM
I bite them. That's it. Just bite. I don't rip them or anything.

escobert
06-12-2007, 01:12 AM
For me it was I'd get to school and notice my nails were long so I'd bite them off. and I hated it, hurt my teeth and my fingers. So I invested in a nice pair of nail clippers and haven't bit them since :p

Christmas
06-12-2007, 03:30 AM
I used to bite my nails until I have no nails left and I started biting other nails and soon biting their fingers. Now I have start biting hands too. :bigsmile:

Ashley Schovitz
06-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Is nail biting a ntural instinctive way of self grooming like dogs licking themselves?

Araciel
06-12-2007, 04:42 AM
i bite my nails in a manner that makes them look almost manicured.

Lynx
06-12-2007, 05:00 AM
i bite my nails out of boredom to the point it hurts :eek:

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-12-2007, 05:12 AM
I have a bad habit of telling the truth, no one posted pointless bulletins about that

Meat Puppet
06-12-2007, 08:04 AM
I used to find myself biting them a lot, until I started to put more effort into clipping them. These days I just chew on my pinky’s nail, or my knuckles. I know that’s stretching a fair ways down the fingures, but please don’t ban me!

blackmage_nuke
06-12-2007, 08:18 AM
I cut my nails then put them in my mouth and bite them, after washing them of course, thats the classy way to do it.

When I read the first post i missed the word habbit and the first few lines seemed really disgusting.

Breine
06-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I used to bite my nails all the time when I was little. Thankfully I quit.. or at least almost. I still bite my nails very rarely. Some habits just never die.

Sweet Beloved
06-12-2007, 09:42 AM
I bite them when I'm nervous. x]!
I can't help it. Like I was on a date, and I bit my nails a lot.
It can't be helped for me.
<3

Miss_Lulu
06-12-2007, 09:59 AM
ha. like ashley i bite mine whenever im nervous

Bunny
06-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I used to bite my nails. My sister helped me stop by checking my nails every Friday and if I didn't touch them she would reward me with chocolate.:p

My boyfriend bites his nails, but I don't know what to do to get him to stop.:confused:

Reward him with chocolate + you. Sweet deal if ever there was one.

I bite my nails. It is mostly an idle habit but sometimes it is done when I am in an awkward situation that would be cause of me being nervous. My girlfriend looks at me everytime I bite them and she is around, then I stop because I feel horrible for doing it.

daggertrepe
06-12-2007, 03:46 PM
I frown upon people who bite their nails. It's nasty and disgusting. Just get a freaking manicure!

However, I tend to peel my nails tops off.

Serapy
06-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I used to bit nails a lot but not anymore, already quit.

Levian
06-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah, it's even come to the point where I bite other people's nails now, it's a bit embarrasing really.

prayzer
06-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I used to bite them when I was little. Now, I just pick at them with my other nails. I dont think its out of nervousness or anything, I just cant stand to feel a rough nail. I'll pick at it and pick at it until I pick it into the quick, and if I cant pick it off then I'll resort to biting if I dont have any clippers. I've tried to stop many many times, but to no avail. :irked:

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm a nail biter. I'm desperately trying to stop. OMG HELP MEEEE!

Yuffie514
06-13-2007, 08:17 AM
i used to bite my own nails and my mom doesn't like that. i am not sure when i stopped, but i use nail clippers now.

Jess
06-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I bite my nails. I do it out of boredom, or when I'm upset or anxious. I hate it because I want pretty nails! :jess:

Peter_20
06-13-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm making progress on quitting, because I've left them alone for five days now.
That's totally great, seeing as I usually bite them five times a day. :D

At least they look like nails now, and I guess that's good. XD

Værn
06-14-2007, 05:25 AM
I have the solution to nail-biting. It's called "Dave's Insanity Sauce (http://www.firegirl.com/hs1107.html)"
The warning label on it says to use the stuff one drop at a time. Also strips waxed floors and removes driveway grease stains.

eestlinc
06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
nail biting is love

Resha
06-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Yes, I bite. I'm a chronic biter. Sometimes I don't bite for long periods and they grow out nice and long, but the minute I get nervous I chew away like a maniac.

And it especially sucks because I have a tendency to bite the nails on my right hand, not my left hand, which is the hand on which nails need to be kept short o_O

Rye
06-14-2007, 09:05 PM
I used to bite my nails until I have no nails left and I started biting other nails and soon biting their fingers. Now I have start biting hands too. :bigsmile:

You can bite me, Christmas... ;]

Chloe.
06-14-2007, 09:29 PM
No I don't and I never have. I think it's horrible, but I know alot of people that do it. I really don't think I would be able to if I tried. xD My nails grow really quickly, so i often have to cut them anyway and when I keep them long, people think they're fake. :p

Pouring Rain
06-15-2007, 02:26 AM
I will admit that about a year ago, I did bite my nails. But I've stopped because now I just don't feel like it. I guess you could say I've grown out of it. And my mother is so proud of me, because she still does it. People ask me now if my nails are fake, and I tell them no. My neighbor doesn't believe me, so she like, bent a nail backwards and so I kicked her for it and now she's got a bruise on her leg. Her problem.

Oh, and the only thing about my nails now is that when I'm on a moving veichle (sp?) with my violin case, my nails tend to break off. And I don't like the feeling of having no nail. It's just... icky.