PDA

View Full Version : Americans are NOT stupid!

Aydin
06-12-2007, 01:14 AM
So all of us have read the comments on Youtube about how Americans are so stupid. ("Stupid American's", "I'm glad I'm not an American!") You know, stuff like that.

I just want to make something clear for those who live in England, Japan, where ever you live at.

No all American's are stupid! Only the MAJORITY of those who live in America are stupid. :p So please, quit hating America.

...Well, I shouldn't say "Don't hate America" because I, myself, hate America and I am an American. It's not that I hate the politics and other government stuff (Excpept for George Bush), I just hate the majority of the people who live here.

ZeZipster
06-12-2007, 01:21 AM
You have to keep in mind that the most patriotic American's are the southarn hummer drivun rednacks who wanna SHOW HOW US AMERICUNS ARE BETTER THAN ALL DEM ODER CAUNTRIES THAT DISARGEE WITH OUR WAY.

I can see how we come off as stupid. But y'know, coming from a stupid family, I've realized the most we can do is just try to be a little bit less audacious while we hope no one gets the wrong idea about us smart people personally.

Rye
06-12-2007, 01:28 AM
You have to keep in mind that the most patriotic American's are the southarn hummer drivun rednacks who wanna SHOW HOW US AMERICUNS ARE BETTER THAN ALL DEM ODER CAUNTRIES THAT DISARGEE WITH OUR WAY.

Seriously. D: On foreign TV, I think that's the only place they interview to get a "picture" of the US, the deep south.

oddler
06-12-2007, 01:34 AM
foa is not amused.

I really couldn't care less if people think those from America are stupid or not. Stereotyping is mad crappy. How can you determine a person's intelligence based on country of residence? Huh?! HOW?!

Fonzie
06-12-2007, 01:40 AM
When some of you people are talking about the "deep south" please tell me you refering to Alabama. :p

TyphoonThaReapa
06-12-2007, 01:42 AM
A'yo, even if americans do be trippin' most of the time, we have nothin' to prove to anyone. Take me for example. I like talkin' and typin' like this ya' heard me. But, I can talk and type using proper grammer if I wanted to. Unfortunally, I can't say the same for most people, but you get the picture. No one on this planet is the same. Some people are dumber than others. You just have to learn how to live with it or comment suicide. And guess what, we won't miss you son!:cool:

Psychotic
06-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Most people who hate on America are Americans themselves. Fuck Bu$h! Fuck AmeriKKKa!

Also, you actually pay attention to YouTube comments? Now that's a sllippery slope.

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 01:43 AM
WE TEXAS FOLK IS NO DUMB

TyphoonThaReapa
06-12-2007, 01:47 AM
WE TEXAS FOLK TAKE THE STUPID AWARD FOR IDIOTS AROUND THE GLOBE

Fixed...:cool:

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Oooh, so it's not okay to say America is dumb, but now Texans are all stupid :greenie:

TyphoonThaReapa
06-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Oooh, so it's not okay to say America is dumb, but now Texans are all stupid :greenie:

Like I said, most are dumber than others. Texas, in particular, has the largest count of stupidity in the U.S. Facts don't lie...:rolleyes2

Anaisa
06-12-2007, 01:50 AM
The majority of people are idiots full stop. I very much doubt Americans are any worse than English people. The thing is though, America flaunts everything, including it's idiot populace. They should take inspiration from England, an cover up the fact most of the country is made up of scumbags. England's done such a good job of covering up what it's really like here, they've managed to convince people we all have the same accent.

Spammerman
06-12-2007, 01:50 AM
You just have to learn how to live with it or comment suicide. And guess what, we won't miss you son!:cool:

I'm assuming, actually I'm hoping that was intentional.

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 01:52 AM

Like I said, most are dumber than others. Texas, in particular, has the largest count of stupidity in the U.S. Facts don't lie...:rolleyes2

That is true XD

Maybe they should have the students focus less on Texas History and more on the important stuff. :rolleyes2

Aydin
06-12-2007, 01:55 AM

That is true XD

Maybe they should have the students focus less on Texas History and more on the important stuff. :rolleyes2

Sigh...

It really is true. XD

Rostum
06-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah, there's a lot of dumb Americans, and there's also a lot of dumb Australians, and dumb Europeans, etc, etc...

What I mean is that, there are dumb people everywhere, not just in America. But saying that, I'd hate to live in America. :p

Spammerman
06-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Well, Texas is kind of a big state, with prolly a high population,

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Americans don't get Dark Aeons :cry:

TyphoonThaReapa
06-12-2007, 02:34 AM
Americans don't get Dark Aeons :cry:

A'yo, that would contribute to the rising number of stupidity...:rolleyes2

Madame Adequate
06-12-2007, 02:35 AM
I'm always wondering how people who call Americans stupid rationalize the fact that America is the richest, most powerful, and one of the most technologically advanced countries on the planet. There are plenty of ways to get these things, not all of them right or good, but all of them requiring intelligence.

Araciel
06-12-2007, 03:08 AM
or a great big gun...like how they got america in the first place.

o_O
06-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Outside America, I don't think people get an accurate picture of what America is really like. Look at any news media and you'll see that it's nearly all negative stuff. In New Zealand, we get two different sides of America:

1 - Negative news about how Bush has screwed up or how the political/judicial system, has failed again,
2 - Hip hop and r'n'b music with song titles like "Let me buy you a drank" and lyrics like "This is why I'm hot, you ain't 'cause you not". Nice work there Captain Circular-Argument, I'm convinced.

Neither of them really lend themselves to the promotion of a smart America.

Ko Ko
06-12-2007, 03:22 AM
I LOVE America. This country is wonderful.
I have lived all over the world and am absolutely sick and tired of hearing inexperienced little kids jump on the Hate-America Bandwagon, ESPECIALLY in America. Excuse me, little emo boy, have YOU lived out of the country? Oh, no? Oh, you weren't in China when the government killed all the squatters who wouldn't get off the land? Haha, that's funny, RETHINK YOUR VALUES YOU LITTLE ASSWIPES.

*Whew.

Goldenboko
06-12-2007, 03:23 AM
I have lived all over the world and am absolutely sick and tired of hearing inexperienced little kids jump on the Hate-America Bandwagon, ESPECIALLY in America. Excuse me, little emo boy, have YOU lived out of the country? Oh, no? Oh, you weren't in China when the government killed all the squatters who wouldn't get off the land? Haha, that's funny, RETHINK YOUR VALUES YOU LITTLE ASSWIPES.

*Whew.
Wow, need to vent a little anger?

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 03:25 AM

*Whew.
Wow, need to vent a little anger?

She didn't have to be so mean about it :cry:

Why can't we all just get along like happyhappyjoyjoy-ness.

Ko Ko
06-12-2007, 03:27 AM
:love: I did need to vent a little anger.

People deserve my anger, I think. :p

escobert
06-12-2007, 03:38 AM
I love Vermont and that's about that. I could care less about America. Hopefully Vermont will again be it's own republic. We're working on it atm.

Momiji
06-12-2007, 03:40 AM

*Whew.

*emo kid is not amused.*

It's only our fault (as an American saying this, here) that we're labeled as 'stupid'. I mean, all the other countries really see about us is what our mainstream society is, which happens to be roughly 75% (Exaggeration? You make the call.) of our population. They see the whiny bastards that say they don't get enough of a break in life where there are SO many third-world countries who have absolutely NOTHING. Do you have a roof over your head? Yeah, well lots of people don't! SO, SO many people are blissfully unaware of what other countries, other societies don't have. If ignorance is bliss, the complaining idiots you see SHOULD be feeling pretty damn good. But why aren't they? Unlimited greed. You can't be satisfied unless you have more than everyone else.

I'll admit that I have no true idea how good I have it, since it's all I've ever known. But I think what separates me from the retarded masses is that I'm very thankful for what I've been blessed with in life.

And yeah, our president's a moron, but aren't all of them stupid in some way?

Ko Ko
06-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Unlimited greed.

Perfect.

I really can't make up my mind about the president; he's not exactly tactful, but can you really become president if you are THAT stupid?

o_O
06-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Unlimited greed.

Perfect.

I really can't make up my mind about the president; he's not exactly tactful, but can you really become president if you are THAT stupid?

I agree. Bush isn't stupid, he's just inarticulate and he makes decisions that only half of the populace agree with. You can't be president and be stupid, it wouldn't happen.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2007, 04:09 AM
They see the whiny bastards that say they don't get enough of a break in life where there are SO many third-world countries who have absolutely NOTHING. Do you have a roof over your head? Yeah, well lots of people don't!

Uh, except for the fact that Americans are more intolerant of whining about your personal circumstances than any other people I have ever encountered, sure.

You don't get a great big gun and keep it for the two centuries+ the US has been around if you're stupid. You certainly don't continue to get bigger and better guns.

bipper
06-12-2007, 04:12 AM
It's lonely at the top. Besides, when all your work is done what do you do? PLAY? We have been at the top for so long, we are in a hyper-relaxed play state. Ready for another country to take us over so we can suffer for generations just to let the lazy bastards of a future generation wallow in the slack and playtime that has been generated for them, and then they too will fall.

Momiji
06-12-2007, 04:22 AM
They see the whiny bastards that say they don't get enough of a break in life where there are SO many third-world countries who have absolutely NOTHING. Do you have a roof over your head? Yeah, well lots of people don't!

Uh, except for the fact that Americans are more intolerant of whining about your personal circumstances than any other people I have ever encountered, sure.

Uhh, EXCUSE ME? Just because I'm stereotypically an emo kid doesn't mean I constantly whine about my personal circumstances. I may to my closest friends, but not to anyone in public. If you're talking about my poems, those are just POEMS. Some of them don't really have anything to do with me in any way, they're just lines I came up with. And saying that I whine more than anyone you've ever met is a serious understatement, since I've NEVER even talked to you for one, and two, you don't know ANYTHING about me. So back the fuck off, please.

dodhungry
06-12-2007, 04:26 AM

And we dont wear shirts and shoes right? Go around in them overalls and on sundays best includes a straws hat.....

ok enough with the hillbillyism :tongue:

I love being in America, and although I have yet to visit most other countries, Im glad to know that I dont have to worry about when my next meal will come. Or better yet Im not living in a little mud adobe with 25 other family members :(

Its a shame that so many people are not thankful for what they have and when they do visit another place its such a culture shock if they ever get out of the egg shell of what they know.

ZeZipster
06-12-2007, 04:29 AM

Uhh, EXCUSE ME? Just because I'm stereotypically an emo kid doesn't mean I constantly whine about my personal circumstances. I may to my closest friends, but not to anyone in public. If you're talking about my poems, those are just POEMS. Some of them don't really have anything to do with me in any way, they're just lines I came up with. And saying that I whine more than anyone you've ever met is a serious understatement, since I've NEVER even talked to you for one, and two, you don't know ANYTHING about me. So back the smurf off, please.

Yeah! Just because you strictly adhere to a stereotype that's usually used in a derogatory sense doesn't mean you're anything like the stereotype you strictly adhere to! It just means you desperately want to be like other people of that stereotype!

You tell them.

LunarWeaver
06-12-2007, 04:30 AM
The last time I read a YouTube comment, I had to drink acid to feel better.

And there are unintelligent and intelligent people everywhere and blah blah etc. You know the general point, so just imagine I made this longer and better.

Miss_Lulu
06-12-2007, 04:34 AM

Uhh, EXCUSE ME? Just because I'm stereotypically an emo kid doesn't mean I constantly whine about my personal circumstances. I may to my closest friends, but not to anyone in public. If you're talking about my poems, those are just POEMS. Some of them don't really have anything to do with me in any way, they're just lines I came up with. And saying that I whine more than anyone you've ever met is a serious understatement, since I've NEVER even talked to you for one, and two, you don't know ANYTHING about me. So back the smurf off, please.

Yeah! Just because you strictly adhere to a stereotype that's usually used in a derogatory sense doesn't mean you're anything like the stereotype you strictly adhere to! It just means you desperately want to be like other people of that stereotype!

You tell them.

i love you. seriously i do.
but its like paul said. most of the people who say they hate america are americans. :)
im american. and while i dont exactly hate this place, i'd rather be somewhere else.

Chibi Youkai
06-12-2007, 04:35 AM
Personally, I'm not at all amused by the stereotypes. I lived in England for four years, and that entire time I spent trying to show people that I wasn't a stupid, ignorant, boastful person. I actually had people try to throw things and curse out just because I told them I was an American. So maybe it is our faults that people think us stupid, but those of us who aren't are the ones who suffer for it.

Momiji
06-12-2007, 04:35 AM

You tell them.

Ummm...since when have I 'strictly adhered' to anything? I am who I am. I've had the same personality as far back as I can remember. One day someone at school suddenly called me an emo kid and it just sort of stuck and I just fell in to the 'emo' category by default. You can't expect anyone to change their personality just because it's seen as derogatory, and I'm definitely not just going to change who I am because people don't like me. Now can we PLEASE get back on the subject of the thread?

Araciel
06-12-2007, 04:36 AM
You don't get a great big gun and keep it for the two centuries+ the US has been around if you're stupid. You certainly don't continue to get bigger and better guns.

agreed.

DK
06-12-2007, 04:36 AM

Uhh yeah, he wasn't accusing you of anything, champ. He was making a point that American people in general are more intolerant of people who whine about their personal circumstances than anyone he's ever encountered (which, funnily enough, you were displaying yourself). So learn to read before you go off on one, please.

Momiji
06-12-2007, 04:38 AM

Uhh yeah, he wasn't accusing you of anything, champ. He was making a point that American people in general are more intolerant of people who whine about their personal circumstances than anyone he's ever encountered. So learn to read before you go off on one, please.

Okay, so the word 'their' could be easily substituted for the word 'your' and it would have made more sense, then.

nik0tine
06-12-2007, 04:40 AM
Saying that Americans aren't stupid is kind of like saying the British aren't ugly.

Miriel
06-12-2007, 04:40 AM
Chill out, everyone.

I'm American, and I'm totally awesome. My friends are totally awesome. My boyfriend is totally awesome. And that's good enough for me!

ZeZipster
06-12-2007, 04:45 AM

You tell them.

Ummm...since when have I 'strictly adhered' to anything? I am who I am. I've had the same personality as far back as I can remember. One day someone at school suddenly called me an emo kid and it just sort of stuck and I just fell in to the 'emo' category by default. You can't expect anyone to change their personality just because it's seen as derogatory, and I'm definitely not just going to change who I am because people don't like me. Now can we PLEASE get back on the subject of the thread?

Listen, you labeled yourself "emo" and you have no right to complain when people make assumptions because of your label.

bipper
06-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Yeah we are. We totally are. This post is undeniable proof. The internet already was, but most of us were to stupid to get that. Therefore this thread is simply and idiot reminder. Can we move on. I hear the Canadians are all big trouble,eh makers. Let's play with that one for a while. Yeah. I will red your herring.

Araciel
06-12-2007, 05:00 AM
eh!

you leave cantadia out of this eh!

*drinks maple syrup*

TyphoonThaReapa
06-12-2007, 05:00 AM
A'yo, the way I see it, humanity is alway going to envy itself. It doesn't matter how rich or poor you are, it's doesn't matter how blessed or sinful you are, the fact of the matter is that you are human. And human nature is as predictable as a fat guy with a sandwich in front of him. If you didn't get what I just said, that's exactly what am talkin' about...:rolleyes2

Hambone
06-12-2007, 05:10 AM
When some of you people are talking about the "deep south" please tell me you refering to Alabama. :p

lol.

Laddy
06-12-2007, 05:10 AM
The stupid Americans are the Americans who make us seem stupid. Just like the English seem snobby to us, or the French seem cowardly, every country has an unrealistic stereotype, it just goes that way due to the world is ignorant.

P.S.
I'm American, and I hate it here.

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Im From Texas, and Im and "American" and quite frankly yall is pissing me off

TyphoonThaReapa
06-12-2007, 05:18 AM

Whatever Eiko...:rolleyes2. I can honestly say America sucks. And even more so, Texas sucks. If you don't like it, so what? Ask me do I care...:tongue:

Rengori
06-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Yeah, we're the stupid ones. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licensing_in_the_United_Kingdom)

Takara
06-12-2007, 05:28 AM
The majority of mankind are idiots, no matter what their nationality, age, gender, religion, or sexual orientation is.

There, I solved the problem.

As for politicians, most of them aren't geniuses. They just have a lot of money in their bank account, and nowadays, money is power. A moron with money can become president/prime minister/insert any other head of state title here.

Sweet Beloved
06-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Ouch.
Not all Americans are like that. Yeah, some are, well, naive, and tend to overreact, and lack some of the common sense but not "stupid". I'm American. Can't say I love this country, but I'm thankful for what I have.

Every country has it's idiots. x]!

Lol. Plz. I live in Kentucky. x]!

Mr.SimpleandClean
06-12-2007, 05:39 AM
*Starts to Laugh*

TyphoonThaReapa
06-12-2007, 05:48 AM
The majority of mankind are idiots, no matter what their nationality, age, gender, religion, or sexual orientation is.

There, I solved the problem.

As for politicians, most of them aren't geniuses. They just have a lot of money in their bank account, and nowadays, money is power. A moron with money can become president/prime minister/insert any other head of state title here.

Thanks for stealing my words...:rolleyes2

CloudSquallandZidane
06-12-2007, 05:49 AM
On those youtube videos I bet they walk around for hours trying to find the people who will give them a blank look or a stupid answer. All for 5 minutes of idiocy. Their media is no different from ours.

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 06:23 AM
This thread makes me cry :cry:

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-12-2007, 08:22 AM
You have idiots everywhere, but I am sure this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhTZ_tgMUdo) does not help things.

I swear some of those people must be paid to say those things, since I cannot believe that some of the people are that dumb.

Eiko Guy
06-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Whatever Eiko...:rolleyes2. I can honestly say America sucks. And even more so, Texas sucks. If you don't like it, so what? Ask me do I care...:tongue:
TYphoon thats my boyfriend not me. Sooo..yeah.

Im an american. I live in Texas. I believe that everywhere there is a group of people who are associated with their country, or area. Texas is known for cowboys. Lousiana is known for ghetto people etc. These are the stereypes that noone wats to fall in even though I have fallen in both. If everyone would open their eyes and form their own opinion from their experiences. Instead of taking what others percieve as truth.

starseeker
06-12-2007, 09:07 AM
You Americans voted for Bush as your supereme overlord.

I rest my case on American stupidity.

Tallulah
06-12-2007, 09:22 AM
The stupid Americans are the Americans who make us seem stupid. Just like the English seem snobby to us, or the French seem cowardly, every country has an unrealistic stereotype, it just goes that way due to the world is ignorant.

Heh, the voice of reason. :tongue:

Ultima Shadow
06-12-2007, 10:56 AM
but can you really become president if you are THAT stupid?In America, yes. :p

Peter_20
06-12-2007, 11:08 AM
There are stupid people in America, and in the rest of the world.
The end.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2007, 11:28 AM

DK already cleared most of this up, but I just wanna state that I'm not gonna rag on your poetry - I've honestly never read it, and anyway I'll comment on quality, not on what the poem is saying. Also yeah, I wasn't actually accusing you personally of anything.

Old Manus
06-12-2007, 11:57 AM
So guys, why is England called the UK, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom as well?

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 12:07 PM

TYphoon thats my boyfriend not me. Sooo..yeah.

Im an american. I live in Texas. I believe that everywhere there is a group of people who are associated with their country, or area. Texas is known for cowboys. Lousiana is known for ghetto people etc. These are the stereypes that noone wats to fall in even though I have fallen in both. If everyone would open their eyes and form their own opinion from their experiences. Instead of taking what others percieve as truth.

...does EVERYONE live in Texas or what? I move that the next US meeting we have is held in Corpus Christi.

Enjolras
06-12-2007, 12:42 PM
So guys, why is England called the UK, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom as well?

The UK (or Great Britain) is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland all shmooshed together.

I've meet a few Americans. They were actually pretty cool people. I like to think I'm not naive enough to believe all the negative crap we hear in far-away countries about the American people, although I do believe a good bit of it. I suppose the really ignorant, self-righteous, straw-chewin' ones never actually leave to see and understand the rest of the world.

bipper
06-12-2007, 01:08 PM

And Tony Blair and Margret Thatcher are excusable? (not saying they are not, just returning rhetoric. ;))

Madame Adequate
06-12-2007, 01:11 PM

And Tony Blair and Margret Thatcher are excusable? (not saying they are not, just returning rhetoric. ;))

Thatcher was awesome. If she wasn't losing her marbles, I'd say put her back in power.

Mirage
06-12-2007, 01:30 PM
durr iunno

Old Manus
06-12-2007, 01:58 PM

The UK (or Great Britain) is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland all shmooshed together.

I've meet a few Americans. They were actually pretty cool people. I like to think I'm not naive enough to believe all the negative crap we hear in far-away countries about the American people, although I do believe a good bit of it. I suppose the really ignorant, self-righteous, straw-chewin' ones never actually leave to see and understand the rest of the world.[/sarcasm] I was giving an example of what an American guy once asked me.

Also, Great Britain is minus N. Ireland.

Raistlin
06-12-2007, 02:08 PM
I have not read this thread, but I believe "caring what people on youtube think" qualifies under some definition of "stupid."

I'm American.

Endless
06-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Fist of all, for all American people hating the USA, PM me, I'm willing to buy you a one way ticket to choice destinations, such as:
- (Rural) China
- North Korea
- Cuba
- Syria
- France (just so I can hit you with a clue by four)

Now, onto the long post.

You should get out of Florida, sometime. For the record, the number one gas consuming state isn't Texas, it's California. Even though Texas is bigger (60% bigger), and the population lower (2/3 of California's), California still uses <a href="http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohim/hs05/htm/mf21.htm">20% more fuel than Texas</a>. Florida's the third for gas use.
Damn southerners indeed.

But saying that, I'd hate to live in America. :p

How would you know? Did you live there? Did you spend a month there? Or just going with what you saw on TV/Internet?

Yeah, damn Europeans pilgrims and their big guns. Oh wait.

*Whew.

QFT.

From how I understand it from outside the US, it's seeing it as "It's their damn responsability", as in "Why whine to _me_ about _your_ problems? I didn't make them, so get off your ass and fix them yourself". And honestly, there are times where I agree. ;)

im american. and while i dont exactly hate this place, i'd rather be somewhere else.

Out of curiosity, where would that be? How would it be better?

Personally, I'm not at all amused by the stereotypes. I lived in England for four years, and that entire time I spent trying to show people that I wasn't a stupid, ignorant, boastful person. I actually had people try to throw things and curse out just because I told them I was an American. So maybe it is our faults that people think us stupid, but those of us who aren't are the ones who suffer for it.

Unfortunately, there's very little that can be done (on purpose) about stereotypes. I'll have to live with my country being made of cowards and eating frogs, with everyone wearing a beret and eating croissants for breakfast. Americans will have to deal with being called 'stupid/ignorant' just the same. And unsurprisingly, we're shown images that only seem to make the stereotypes true (because it makes us feel good about how better than "them" we are).

You start off with something smart, but then you had to ruin it...

P.S.
I'm American, and I hate it here.

See top of my post.

You obviously care enough that you had to reply. So, where do you want your ticket to?

On those youtube videos I bet they walk around for hours trying to find the people who will give them a blank look or a stupid answer. All for 5 minutes of idiocy. Their media is no different from ours.

They do. They keep what conforts the prejudice, and toss out the smart answers. It should be noted that these videos could be made for every developed country if you're willing to spend time to find the "stupid" people. I mean, in France, we had a TV show (Who wants to be a millionaire) where the public in majority voted for "the sun gravitates around the earth".

You have idiots everywhere, but I am sure this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhTZ_tgMUdo) does not help things.

I swear some of those people must be paid to say those things, since I cannot believe that some of the people are that dumb.

See above.

I've meet a few Americans. They were actually pretty cool people. I like to think I'm not naive enough to believe all the negative crap we hear in far-away countries about the American people, although I do believe a good bit of it. I suppose the really ignorant, self-righteous, straw-chewin' ones never actually leave to see and understand the rest of the world.

Exactly. The sheer amount of narrow-minded, stereotype-and-hearsay-believing people baffles me. But as I said, it's easier, it makes us feel better about ourselves.

Anaisa
06-12-2007, 02:13 PM

Thatcher was awesome. If she wasn't losing her marbles, I'd say put her back in power.She never had any marbles to begin with. Thatcher was awesome! If by awesome you mean she followed the same policy of screwing things up for the lower classes an did it spectacularly well, she was awesome yes. Otherwise, no. Thatcher an Tony Blair were both a couple of buffoons. Most people don't think of what governments could do, but rather what they've done previously. Which is why the likes of Tony Blair an Margaret Thatcher, aren't seen for just how useless they really are.

Zante
06-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE) ;)

Now, of course not all Americans are stupid, but there is no doubt that a lot of them are.

Endless
06-12-2007, 02:38 PM

Now, of course not all Americans are stupid, but there is no doubt that a lot of them are.

*rolleyes*

Yeah, at least 30 people are, judging from the video. That's <b>a lot</b>.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM

I'm pretty sure the internets has already debunked that as completely unreliable and very likely doctored, if not outright fabricated.

Anaisa: The lower classes were screwed over mainly because illogical and iimmoral subsidies and wealth redistribution previously aimed towards them and industries they were traditionally very strongly involved in were reduced or removed. It sucks that it affects them negatively, but that's just too bad, because the free market = good.

prayzer
06-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm American. I'm proud to be American, and I love my country. However, I do despise what our government has become: greedy old people that can spend one term in the Senate making decisions that affect the population, make themselves more money, and then retire and receive $75,000 a month as their retirement. Thats B.S.!! Most of the politicians have never worked on a real job, never known what it's like to barely make ends meet from paycheck to paycheck, and yet they still think their decisions are in our best interests. Yes, I voted for Pres. Bush. I thought he was the better of the choices we were given, as it is with all of our political elections. They are all corrupt. But, just because our government is headed by fat, lazy, greedy, stupid people, don't even think that I'm one of them. First of all, you can tell from the pic on my profile that I'm not fat. I'm 6'1" tall, 220 lbs and have 17" biceps. I work my butt off from paycheck to paycheck to pay my bills to support my wife and my daughter, so that rules out lazy and greedy. As for stupid, yeah, I might act crazy from time to time and do stupid things sometimes, but, guess what, so does everyone else in this world. That doesnt make me a stupid person. No 2 people in this whole world are exactly the same. Thats what makes life interesting. If everyone was exactly the same, this would be a very boring world. If you have trouble believing this, find and read a book called "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. It will give you a new perspective on differences, or the lack thereof.

So, anyway, what was my point again? LOL, j/k. Stereotyping is bad, and wrong, so maybe we'll call it b'dong. But, don't "hate" someone just because they're different, or because someone on youtube said to. If you want to "hate" someone, try living in their shoes first, then decide.

bipper
06-12-2007, 03:24 PM

Thatcher was awesome. If she wasn't losing her marbles, I'd say put her back in power.She never had any marbles to begin with. Thatcher was awesome! If by awesome you mean she followed the same policy of screwing things up for the lower classes an did it spectacularly well, she was awesome yes. Otherwise, no. Thatcher an Tony Blair were both a couple of buffoons. Most people don't think of what governments could do, but rather what they've done previously. Which is why the likes of Tony Blair an Margaret Thatcher, aren't seen for just how useless they really are.

I was not saying Thatcher was bad, I was just providing as much as bush haters. returning rhetoric as I said. Which is fine. I support him but not implicitly. I do have mixed feelings about the war, but I am not going to completely call American's stupid over the fact that he snuck presidency (from two rather weak opponents).

Criticism is just bitching, unless it is constructive. Which is half our problem, freedom of speech and lack or liability. So many people will play ignorantly at politics, and no real authorable unbiased resource really exists against all the petty political underdogging that goes on between our two elite canidates for the election. On top of that, I hear people say, " Well we were screwed either way.." Well, GTFO and run for president, or if it is not your bag, fucking write your sedater[senator], give the president pleasure or buy your opinion in. People who are to lazy to lead will follow. that is life. That is what I have seen in abundance around here. Standing around with signs, or posting youtube videos just gets you to the level of the Westborough baptist church. It takes more, and I can see a diminished spark of lazyness in our political, commercial, industrial and all around living within my community ~ (which thanks to the internet, is no longer just Wisconsin, Minnesota, or America.)

I have to say, since we are looking at the political route, it seems the democrats whom seem not to be able to keep power (I am not knocking them, just a statement) have some very critical people running for office now. Once who will say harsh things, and inspire through anger and feelings of oppression. It reminds me very much of any other government. Turbulence is just something people need, and America seems to be the mother of media, therefore, more people see our turbulence.

It is funny though, that just as many people look at Israel, and think how stupid that is, or how stupid some eastern countries are with their silly communism, and Australia with there fucking kangaroos. Really, it all just seems like nationalism disguised by some sort of elitism [ironically enough].

Something I hypocritically blame Brittan for :P

Raistlin
06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
You know a thread about America is bad when a Frenchie is the voice of reason. :p

Serapy
06-12-2007, 03:33 PM
So what? There's a video saying that british people are stupid. (I'm half british).

Each one majority in every race/country are considered stupid as a matter of fact in your point of view.

However, I do not think everybody is stupid, we all are different.

Making this thread just to defend America is making people rant more about Americans. There are videos such as "Iraq is full of homos", "Japan is a dumb country", etc, why didn't you defend them but only America?

Fair enough.

Zante
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
*rolleyes*

Yeah, at least 30 people are, judging from the video. That's <b>a lot</b>.

I posted that for entertainment more than anything, I don't really have anything against Americans per see, just stupid people in general. I bet you would get plenty of similar answers from people anywhere in the world.

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Everyone who globally represents America could quite easily win "World's Most Retarded", so it's no wonder people think that.

I know for a fact that you can get nice American's, look at...some EoFF members, but the one's who make themselves known to the rest of the world are usually stupid and loud and evil.

Hang on...this is GC. Umm....LOL AMERICANS R GAY LIEK U!

ljkkjlcm9
06-12-2007, 04:32 PM
to anyone in this thread who said they're American, and live in America, and that they hate it here... GTFO... we don't want you here and we certainly won't miss you.

I'm American, and I think society is going to hell, but I certainly love my country. There's no denying that it's one of the greatest places to live just from what we have available for us here. It's funny when every foreigner I talk to that actual comes here, or visits here, thinks America is amazing with everything we offer people. While people that grew up here say how horrible this place is. Seriously, it's all hypocritical. If anything happens in the world, the world turns to see what America does. If we do something, we're tyrants, if we do nothing, we're ignoring it and we're a bad world leader. People complain about America, but then turn around and count on us. "Stop being the World Police America!" "AMERICA, we need help, you going to do something?"

Seriously, America is where it is at this point, because other countries put us here... I'm not gonna lie. It's also funny about people that are worried about countries like China. Basically how it works, if you create something in America, you get credit for it and become a billionaire (if it's good). In China, you get no credit for it and go nowhere. That's why a lot of people come to America to do research and try and make a break through, and a lot of the break throughs (not all obviously) recently have been in America.

Simply put, go around the world, experience different cultures... ACTUALLY GO THERE, before making judgment about it.
"Don't knock it until you try it."
It's like some food, looks horrible, sounds disgusting, but you should try it, and it could be very good. But like food, everyone has personal tastes.

THE JACKEL

Zeldy
06-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Its just a stereotype, you get over it.

Like all English people are posh and stubborn. ha! Oh it makes me laugh.

Croyles
06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Seriously, dont take Youtube comments seriously.
I do have to say that pretty much everything that I see or hear of America shows stupid people doing stupid ignorant/arrogant things. Dont worry, I know this doesnt apply to a lot of people, but I am sure that it also does apply to a lot of other people.
I still dont know HOW much the way your country is presented to everyone else is an exaggeration, i'd have to find out by actually visiting the country and all its states myself.
We all put up with stereotypes I guess. The english have to hear about how they are posh and uppity all the time, and for some strange reason (because this sort of implies the complete opposite) also that its just a hooligan country.
The japanese, the chinese, and everyone else.
Us germans, well I dont think I even need to say anything... :D

fire_of_avalon
06-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Most of your self righteous jerks who rag on the South have never been out of your little regional bubble, and if you have, you haven't stuck around for long. So who's closed minded here? The southerners you've never even met, or your own damned selves? Same goes for all of you people bitching about America.

And since when do the majority of southerners drive hummers? I thought we were supposed to be poor, no account white trash down here?

I also like the "only the MAJORITY of American's are idiots" or "most people in the world are idiots!" Yeah, sure. And I guess none of you fall into the majority, huh? Wow, imagine that. Here at EoFF we just so happened to attract a huge chunk of an teeny, tiny minority who practically doesn't exist amongst the waves of stupidity in the world. You know what? I don't buy that at all. We're just as "stupid" as everyone else. I don't think the minority elite of the world is in their teen years and is linked solely by their interest in Final Fantasy.

I can't believe some of you people consider yourselves tolerant. Every last one of you is just as bad as any non-violent racist out there, because you're just as prejudiced for reasons that are just as shallow.

I think it's high time a lot of you kids took a good long look in the mirror, to see how the values you preach stack up to the values you embody.

I really just don't get why some of you think you're so much better based on location. And I don't see why some of you, who I thought were smart, sensible people, are the first to start pointing fingers at people in other locations. That'll teach me to have faith in anybody, I reckon.

bipper
06-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh shiz, FoA smites you. It is funny though, that America seems to stereotype itself just as most of the European union. It is a gross miscalculation on anyone's part to actually apply sterotypes outside of your own perception especially without acknowledging the ignorance you put yourself through to do so. Ignorance can be bliss, and can lead to some good humor, but humor at the cost of someone else is not funny ... it is hilarious :greenie:

Srsly though, I love the south, and would someday love to live there. I see that there are differences in culture, and differences in the way things are, but for the love of :skull::skull::skull::skull:, that is what makes humans so fricken cool. Our differences, and when something becomes the grind, we can change our scenery. It is what humans do.

The north is self righteous and ignorant while the south is ignorant and lazy. At least our ignorance is something we can connect on, right guys?

Mirage
06-12-2007, 04:42 PM

I'm pretty sure the internets has already debunked that as completely unreliable and very likely doctored, if not outright fabricated.

Anaisa: The lower classes were screwed over mainly because illogical and iimmoral subsidies and wealth redistribution previously aimed towards them and industries they were traditionally very strongly involved in were reduced or removed. It sucks that it affects them negatively, but that's just too bad, because the free market = good.
You'd just need to ask enough people, and sooner or later you'll find people who are completely oblivious to the rest of the world. Then you just need to put all those persons in one video, and cut out all the people with correct answers. It's still scary that those few couldn't answer the "country that beings with an u" question.

Bashini
06-12-2007, 04:43 PM
I think stupid is the incorrect term. I would agree that the majority of Americans are ignorant and undereducated. The education system in this country has degenerated in the past forty years to the point, where a community college has to offer courses in counting, basic math, and even how to read.

I tire of this country's politics and materialistic nature. However, I am unable to leave, and if given a choice I do not know where I would relocate. Our philosophy has spread throughout the world like a virus, and so it would be a waste of resources to bother moving.

Also just because we are prosperous compared to other countries does not mean that we have to love it here. There are still many problems in this country that are difficult to stomach, problems the common people do not have a snowball's chance in hell solving. So I understand the frustration and even hatred that the citizenry of my country feel.

Making statements like "I hate America" and "Americans are stupid," are irrational and childish. Why bother arguing with cross statements made by a mind of a six year old?

Croyles
06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I also like the "only the MAJORITY of American's are idiots" or "most people in the world are idiots!" Yeah, sure. And I guess none of you fall into the majority, huh? Wow, imagine that. Here at EoFF we just so happened to attract a huge chunk of an teeny, tiny minority who practically doesn't exist amongst the waves of stupidity in the world.

Wow. For a second I thought you put yourself in the minority group. Imagine that. Wait, to say that people in this thread are stupid, you are implying that you are intelligent, right? So your in the minority, but everyone else is an idiot for suggesting it? I dont get it, but then again, I usually misunderstand what people mean on forums.

I'll get beaten to death for writing that, but I just had to ask.

I Don't Need A Name
06-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Americans arent stupid? well thats the biggest lie anyone will tell. anyone who steals the English language and then doesnt even know how to pronounce the letter 'U' have to be stupid (al-oo-min-um :rolleyes2 its pronounced al-you-minium fools) oh, and anyone who votes Bush into power has to have some problems

Madame Adequate
06-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Americans arent stupid? well thats the biggest lie anyone will tell. anyone who steals the English language and then doesnt even know how to pronounce the letter 'U' have to be stupid (al-oo-min-um :rolleyes2 its pronounced al-you-minium fools) oh, and anyone who votes Bush into power has to have some problems

Yeah funny thing, Americans speak a form of English closer to older forms such as Middle English than we English do. Their pronunciations, in fact, are one of the main areas this occurs in.

Croyles
06-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Americans speak a form of English closer to older forms such as Middle English than we English do. Their pronunciations, in fact, are one of the main areas this occurs in.
I think we need proof of that.
But anyway, nearly all european languages come from latin, we're all taking the language from someone and changing it over centuries.

bipper
06-12-2007, 05:32 PM
I am still surprised that people are saying stupid is a bad thing!?
There are other areas to excel in society and global society than intelligence, we need more than just intelligence. Sadly, what I think people are implying is that the intelligence leader of the world is inhabited by morons... kinda makes me wonder how the rest of the world is fairing in the intelligence department.

And I do think that many of us here, are not stupid, as FoA indirectly turned the gun to us. I think everyone here, and everyone on this damned rock is ignorant on some level. And rationality is like a log jam. When one log goes, all you get is a gush of layered assumptions washed out by ignorance. So some elitists simply say they are the most inteligable and not ignorant at all, yet it is hard to say that with out being ignorant at the same time. So there you already have a collapsing system of stupidity that puts the neutral standing elitists that hypocritically point the finger at others to shame. Therefore, we are all ignorant stupid heads.

Polaris
06-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Bush isn't stupid, Bush is retarded it's different :eep: but he's cleaver... well... sometimes! I think the americans ARE stupid because they're the one that vote in Bush not Bush!

"I'm glad I'm not an American!"
Yeah I know I'm glad too :exdee:
Seriosuly I think that after the war image Bush put America through, i think the world doesn't see american like they used to!

fire_of_avalon
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I also like the "only the MAJORITY of American's are idiots" or "most people in the world are idiots!" Yeah, sure. And I guess none of you fall into the majority, huh? Wow, imagine that. Here at EoFF we just so happened to attract a huge chunk of an teeny, tiny minority who practically doesn't exist amongst the waves of stupidity in the world.

Wow. For a second I thought you put yourself in the minority group. Imagine that. Wait, to say that people in this thread are stupid, you are implying that you are intelligent, right? So your in the minority, but everyone else is an idiot for suggesting it? I dont get it, but then again, I usually misunderstand what people mean on forums.

I'll get beaten to death for writing that, but I just had to ask.
You should probably focus on what I say rather than make up some crap about how I feel. I don't care what you classify me as, and I'm not classifying myself as anything else. I'm just saying it's highly unlikely that if the majority of people are idiots, that it's possible that the minority all ends up being members of a FF forum.

Lieutenant anyone? Don't talk to me about pronouncing :skull::skull::skull::skull: wrong.

Also, Americans didn't steal the English language. ENGLISH PEOPLE SETTLED HERE AND BROUGHT THE LANGUAGE WITH THEM. The language adapted.

I'm not even going to address the Bush thing.

Croyles
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I am still surprised that people are saying stupid is a bad thing!?
There are other areas to excel in society and global society than intelligence, we need more than just intelligence. Sadly, what I think people are implying is that the intelligence leader of the world is inhabited by morons... kinda makes me wonder how the rest of the world is fairing in the intelligence department.

And I do think that many of us here, are not stupid, as FoA indirectly turned the gun to us. I think everyone here, and everyone on this damned rock is ignorant on some level. And rationality is like a log jam. When one log goes, all you get is a gush of layered assumptions washed out by ignorance. So some elitists simply say they are the most inteligable and not ignorant at all, yet it is hard to say that with out being ignorant at the same time. So there you already have a collapsing system of stupidity that puts the neutral standing elitists that hypocritically point the finger at others to shame. Therefore, we are all ignorant stupid heads.

:freak:

Wuggly Blight
06-12-2007, 05:48 PM

Bit of a late reply but for refrence,
UK, united Kingdom is what it is, like republic, empire, duchy etc.
Great Britain is the countries name. (Queen Liz is the Queen of Britian, not England, the Last queen of england was Queen Anne) and England is one of the 4 countries that came together to merge into Great Britain along with Northern Island, Wales, and Scotland.

Croyles
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
You should probably focus on what I say rather than make up some crap about how I feel. I don't care what you classify me as, and I'm not classifying myself as anything else. I'm just saying it's highly unlikely that if the majority of people are idiots, that it's possible that the minority all ends up being members of a FF forum.

I dont classify anyone on this thread as anything much, seeing as how I hardly know any of you. :O well, I know you how certain members post, but I have no idea what your likely to be like in real life.
Which part did I make up? I actually want to know, because what I wrote is a reply to an impression your post made on me.

bipper
06-12-2007, 06:01 PM

I dont classify anyone on this thread as anything much, seeing as how I hardly know any of you. :O well, I know you how certain members post, but I have no idea what your likely to be like in real life.
Which part did I make up? I actually want to know, because what I wrote is a reply to an impression your post made on me.

pulling a subjective inference from and subjectively objective reference! how dare you:P this kinda works into what I said in my previous post.

prayzer
06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
I think everyone here, and everyone on this damned rock is ignorant on some level.

Agreed. My sig says a lot though. Thats why America has become everything it has become, the good and the bad. Its all part of the little thing called evolution. If you dont change, or at least make an attempt, you will perish.

Jessweeee♪
06-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Why does everyone gotta be so mean :rolleyes2

Croyles
06-12-2007, 06:06 PM
pulling a subjective inference from and subjectively objective reference! how dare you:P this kinda works into what I said in my previous post.

You just splattered my brain...
Wait, maybe I do classify people on the net, I guess im not the best judge of that. How do I judge if I am a good judge of my own judging?

bipper
06-12-2007, 06:15 PM

You just splattered my brain...
Wait, maybe I do classify people on the net, I guess im not the best judge of that.

I was not pointing the finger at you or FoA, just saying that every little thing we have on this planet is individually disassembled and interpreted different by every brain. Therefore, we have subjectivity.

Objectivity, is what FoA really meant to say, and what she typed became subjective the second you looked at it. Feelings are like this. They are real.

Factual information seems to be more acceptable and objective. You pulled what you got out of what she said and replied with a statement that was objective to you. It meant what it said, and not what she meant it to say. Simple communication. right there is where the breakdown between intelligence and ignorance happens. It is frustrating as hell not being able to convey an Idea to someone else because the are conditioned differently. People seem to treat others with subjectivity, and do not look at them objectively, or perceive much into them. This is HARD to do! so I don't blame them. It is where I kind of get my shrug off attitude.

Now with that last paragraph, look at America from an outsiders definition. They are conditioned to fill certain roles in there society and in world society. That is subject to the person. There misunderstanding and ruses against America compile and create this impression, as ignorant as it may be.

Now, this is where I feel America is best. It may be slow, but it's will IS the people. The corporations may have bought our votes with prosperity and fiscal happiness, but the people seem to want respect too. We need the [constructive] criticism, and we NEED to listen. That is the only way that you stay on top, is by keeping anyone on the bottom happy. (please don't look at that as being the top is better than the bottom, because it isn't)

Raistlin
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM

Probably the part where... you completely made stuff up, putting words and implications into foa's mouth. As shown:

Wait, to say that people in this thread are stupid, you are implying that you are intelligent, right? So your in the minority, but everyone else is an idiot for suggesting it?

And foa owned you all.

bipper
06-12-2007, 06:20 PM

And foa owned you all.

She wasn't even yelling at everyone, therefore that is impossible.

And I completely agree :greenie:

I Don't Need A Name
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Lieutenant anyone? Don't talk to me about pronouncing :skull::skull::skull::skull: wrong.

Also, Americans didn't steal the English language. ENGLISH PEOPLE SETTLED HERE AND BROUGHT THE LANGUAGE WITH THEM. The language adapted.

I'm not even going to address the Bush thing.

HAHA Leftenants all the way :D
Yeah for some reason, you guys think that the word Ass is the same as Arse :confused:
well yeah, thats formalities. but put it this way, the Americans commited needless genocide on an innocent race that did nothing to provoke it. (Kinda like Hitler on the Jews perhaps?)

Croyles
06-12-2007, 06:24 PM
It is where I kind of get my shrug off attitude.
Is that the same attitude that manages to say that you are stupid, in an intelligent and coherent post? :spin:

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2007, 06:29 PM
well yeah, thats formalities. but put it this way, the Americans commited needless genocide on an innocent race that did nothing to provoke it. (Kinda like Hitler on the Jews perhaps?)

Technically it was the English that did that one.

I never see the point in looking at foolish differences between races, especially considering we're all doomed. :bigbiggri

I Don't Need A Name
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM

Technically it was the English that did that one.

I never see the point in looking at foolish differences between races, especially considering we're all doomed. :bigbiggri

it wasnt actually, it was after the civil war and the English werent associated. they were almost all american born.

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Ah well, I am failing history. I shall stubbornly defend my point by saying: they were all English very originally. :bigbiggri

I Don't Need A Name
06-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Ah well, I am failing history. I shall stubbornly defend my point by saying: they were all English very originally. :bigbiggri

haha im doing an exam on the American West in 2 days :bigsmile: well, VERY orignally, they were also French and Spanish so stop shifting the blame...actually...lets blame the french

Croyles
06-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Probably the part where... you completely made stuff up, putting words and implications into foa's mouth. As shown:

And foa owned you all.

Sure :rolleyes2

daggertrepe
06-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Countries around the world are more educated, that's for sure.

Yew-Yevon
06-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Trust me they are.
YouTube - Ric Mercer Talking with Americans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w)

YouTube - TALKING TO ( Stupid) AMERICANS - Pt 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLXRVvA6T9k&mode=related&search=)

PyroManiak
06-12-2007, 08:14 PM
I think canada's stupid...:choc2:

stalpho slayer
06-12-2007, 08:22 PM
hey anybody in other country's think about this before you call us stupid we fought for our freedom and won against england even when the odds were stacked against us so think about that before you insult us ok

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Stupid people can win sometimes.

American's aren't all stupid, but that's not the point I was trying to make.

Raistlin
06-12-2007, 08:39 PM
It's been proven scientifically that Canadians are dumb (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/101426-1-raistlin-now-35-more-canada-bashing.html).

Croyles
06-12-2007, 08:40 PM
As someone stated before (I think it was bipper but I give him the satisfaction of being quoted), intelligence isnt everything. You could be the smartest guy in the world but completely unable to do anything with it cause you also happen to be the biggest coward ever.

Jebus
06-12-2007, 08:43 PM
If I remember rightly, America ranks around #33 in the world for education.

But, not ALL Americans are stupid, thankfully, however they are the vast majority.

Discord
06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
The majority of people (globally) are stupid. The average IQ is 95! However, while other skilfully hide this fact, Americans tend to display it in its fullest glory.

There are bright Americans. Finding them tends to be a lot harder than finding bright Dutch though. I wonder why.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Americans speak a form of English closer to older forms such as Middle English than we English do. Their pronunciations, in fact, are one of the main areas this occurs in.
But anyway, nearly all european languages come from latin, we're all taking the language from someone and changing it over centuries.

English is a Germanic language, though there are many other European languages that are stemmed from Latin. Then again they are all part of a the Indo-European family, thus why there is some similairties between English and Sanskrit.

Quindiana Jones
06-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Pretty much everyone's conquered England at some point, so trying to figure out where our language originated from is pointless. :D

Though I really could've worded that better.

fire_of_avalon
06-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Countries around the world are more educated, that's for sure.
Five Myths About U.S. Kids Outclassed by the Rest of the World - washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/19/AR2007011901360.html)

Trust me they are.
YouTube - Ric Mercer Talking with Americans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w)

YouTube - TALKING TO ( Stupid) AMERICANS - Pt 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLXRVvA6T9k&mode=related&search=)
What does that prove? There's a Canadian television program that takes hours upon hours of footage to produce a seven to ten minute comedy spot based on two or three interviews with random people off the street? Cool. You win!

PyroManiak
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
"Americans are NOT stupid!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/user/photo/profilepic20383_3.gif

Endless
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
If I remember rightly, America ranks around #33 in the world for education.

But, not ALL Americans are stupid, thankfully, however they are the vast majority.

For the first point :
- Universities Top 100: http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2006/ARWU2006_Top100.htm
- Human Development Index, USA is #8: Human Development Report 2006 (http://hdr.undp.org/hdr2006/)

For the second point, see my first post and foa's post.

Shiny
06-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Americans love America and hate Americans. Specifically, (Many) Americans love America and (some) Americans hate other Americans mostly for a similar reason of why they hate other people from different countries; they’re arrogant and think their country is better, than every other country.

No.78
06-12-2007, 10:46 PM
The way I see it, all the americans we see on tv or tourists or whatever are stupid, but all those who use the internet aren't and we don't see those people.

Anaisa
06-12-2007, 11:19 PM
I also like the "only the MAJORITY of American's are idiots" or "most people in the world are idiots!" Yeah, sure. And I guess none of you fall into the majority, huh? Wow, imagine that. Here at EoFF we just so happened to attract a huge chunk of an teeny, tiny minority who practically doesn't exist amongst the waves of stupidity in the world. You know what? I don't buy that at all. We're just as "stupid" as everyone else. I don't think the minority elite of the world is in their teen years and is linked solely by their interest in Final Fantasy.I fall into the category of people that know the majority of people are idiots, but I don't fall into the category of majority. I'm far away from being average. Although I agree with you that most people who say the majority of people are idiots are usually idiots themselves, there are exceptions. If you don't take into account those exceptions, then you're being as assumptious as they are.
Anaisa: The lower classes were screwed over mainly because illogical and iimmoral subsidies and wealth redistribution previously aimed towards them and industries they were traditionally very strongly involved in were reduced or removed. It sucks that it affects them negatively, but that's just too bad, because the free market = good.That's not the only problem she caused. One of the major problems that has had a long lasting effect is the sale of council houses. Which is the reason why today people who could have had a home if it wasn't for that, are now living on the streets. An then there is the unfortunate children that were born purely to provide their mother with housing. Somehow, I don't think if you were homeless due to Margaret Thatcher, you'd think she was awesome, or if you were unemployed an constantly struggling for money at the time she was in government, you'd have thought: "Never mind me, free market =good."

Northcrest
06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
I hate Bush he's such a idiot. He's probably one reason why people hate America. Hey I don't blame them the only reason why I hate Texas and America is because 1. George Bush was born in Texas and 2. He is the president of the U.S. Other then that people should think about not hating on America.

PyroManiak
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I hate Bush he's such a idiot. He's probably one reason why people hate America. Hey I don't blame them the only reason why I hate Texas and America is because 1. George Bush was born in Texas and 2. He is the president of the U.S. Other then that people should think about not hating on America.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/user/photo/profilepic20383_3.gif

Discord
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
The way I see it, all the americans we see on tv or tourists or whatever are stupid, but all those who use the internet aren't and we don't see those people.

Careful, that sort of statement might give some elderly user a heart-attack. If the Americans I meet on the net are the smart ones... Uhh... I don't even want to think about it!

You know, guys, no offence, but you screwed the world (yourself included) in and out waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Mr. Bush came to power. I think the list of keywords why the world would be a better place without the US would take away good 3 pages in Arial size 9 without line-breaks. Of course, nothing personal.

fire_of_avalon
06-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Knock it off, Pyromaniac.

bipper
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM

Careful, that sort of statement might give some elderly user a heart-attack. If the Americans I meet on the net are the smart ones... Uhh... I don't even want to think about it!

Well, I guess at this point, many of our Over Seas neighbors have digressed to spiteful name calling and childish rhetoric. All I can say, to risk stooping down to their level - yet leaving it in terms they can understand, better an idiot than an Asshole?

Miriel
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
foa speaks the truth.

Northcrest
06-12-2007, 11:52 PM
You know, guys, no offence, but you screwed the world (yourself included) in and out waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Mr. Bush came to power. I think the list of keywords why the world would be a better place without the US would take away good 3 pages in Arial size 9 without line-breaks. Of course, nothing personal.

None Taken

Discord
06-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Well, I guess at this point, many of our Over Seas neighbors have digressed to spiteful name calling and childish rhetoric. All I can say, to risk stooping down to their level - yet leaving it in terms they can understand, better an idiot than an Asshole?

I really think that it's better, for your own sake, that we just call you stupid, rather than actually refer to the achievement of your state and the respect it pays to the rest of the world, bipper.

bipper
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM

I really think that it's better, for your own sake, that we just call you stupid, rather than actually refer to the achievement of your state and the respect it pays to the rest of the world, bipper.

I like that, the word your. The way you use it. The way you put a person before your self righteous dread hand, and hypocritically endorse what you sought to snuff. Perhaps we take a look back into European history, or the failing Africans. The brown Indians of England who "prospered" (lol church hill - they have received more affluence economically more so by America of late.) under British regime, or lets look at the conquered Chinese whom never had a chance against the black market invasion of Brittan. There is no man here who is freed of stupidity on a personal level, nor a populace free of it's crime. And this acts of stupidity, are often the malicious manipulations of another self righteous ass taking more than his share from society. Thus, my sever hatred for the spouted ignorance found in this thread.

Discord
06-13-2007, 12:19 AM

I like that, the word your. The way you use it. The way you put a person before your self righteous dread hand, and hypocritically endorse what you sought to snuff. Perhaps we take a look back into European history, or the failing Africans. The brown Indians of England who "prospered" (lol church hill) under British regime, or lets look at the conquered Chinese whom never had a chance against the black market invasion of Brittan. There is no man here who is freed of stupidity on a personal level, nor a populace free of it's crime. And this acts of stupidity, are often the malicious manipulations of another self righteous ass taking more than his share from society. Thus, my sever hatred for the spouted ignorance found in this thread.

Uhu... precisely. Look at the European history. Now compare the European imperialism and what you, as a representative and an obvious supporter of your state, are doing now. Also take in consideration that the European states have confessed their deeds; the borders of the ex-imperial states are now open to the citizens of the ex-colonial regions, the imperialism is regarded as the exploitation of other nations. -This- is what we write in our history books. We have admitted and learned from our mistakes. We try to correct them!

Now the US on the other hand is freeing Iraq from the evil dictator Saddam Hussein and is building a pipeline. This reminds me awfully of the Britain building the rail-roads through Africa back in the 18th century. So what are you saying, bipper? That it's not your fault and that you just have to catch up on the past twenty decades which you've missed due to being a colonial nation yourself?

bipper
06-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Uhu... precisely. Look at the European history. Now compare the European imperialism and what you, as a representative and an obvious supporter of your state, are doing now.

For one thing, I am not in full support of what our state is doing. What I am saying, is tucked away in a little piece of my coherent paragraphs called the Main Idea. I am basically arguing against a blanket statement that is hypocritical as well. On whom says that there population is impervious to whatever blood we have spilled, when whining on a message board seems to vindicate a neutral stance. :/

Also take in consideration that the European states have confessed their deeds; the borders of the ex-imperial states are now open to the citizens of the ex-colonial regions, the imperialism is regarded as the exploitation of other nations. -This- is what we write in our history books. We have admitted and learned from our mistakes. We try to correct them! Really? That seems a mite silly. Especially with UK backing and support we have received. Perhaps a ruse, perhaps not. This is part of a latter point though. As I am more looking at societies and affirmations of social governments, not specifically lol America is dumb.

Now the US on the other hand is freeing Iraq from the evil dictator Saddam Hussein and is building a pipeline. This reminds me awfully of the Britain building the rail-roads through Africa back in the 18th century. Bad Analogy. Evil dictators yes. There are many Americans whom are against the greed of oil, but our system is changing so that we too may vindicate ourselves from the oppression of these leaders whom are so self governed, self rightous backstabbing *****.

So what are you saying, bipper? That it's not your fault and that you just have to catch up on the past twenty decades which you've missed due to being a colonial nation yourself?

don't insinuate points or force your views of my argument forward. The question mark is fine, the accusation is not. I am saying, that society as a whole has it's cycles. I really do not think that one must be the wiser to fall out of these pot holes. American's are not stupid, but often misinformed. When a power bends it's way in the way it does, no wit can alone can save someone from being deceived. It is relatively simple mathematics, that one one larger value, can out weight the Average, no matter how relatively smart the mean is. That, right there is my point.

Discord
06-13-2007, 01:47 AM
There are many Americans whom are against the greed of oil, but our system is changing so that we too may vindicate ourselves from the oppression of these leaders whom are so self governed, self rightous backstabbing *****.

Look, sweetheart, would you give me a break and quit telling us the story about the glorious American people starting a revolution against their villainous leaders. If you haven't managed it since the start of the cold war, you must be doing something very wrong. Apart from that, I fail to catch the scent of grand disagreement between the people and the "self rightous backstabbing *****"s. Where are those "many Americans" that you're talking about? It's exactly the same line a literate US citizen would shoot out during the Vietnam war, yet here we stand again, US troops invading the middle east.

If you define stupidity as an innate attribute, then yes, Americans are most probably just as stupid as the rest of the world. However, what you kindly refer to as "misinformation" is what most people, outside the US, would call zombification. The fact that your state does a good job at controlling its population is bluntly obvious. Of course, the population will with absolute sincerity agree that they're acting out of their own will. I'd like to quote Hitler at this point, "Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state". If the Nazis lasted for long enough to raise a generation under their mentality, this generation would be just as certain that they're not brainwashed at all, have a good set of arguments to defend their position and support socio-nationalism until the very end of their days. This is precisely where the Americans are now. Your government was cleverer though and inserted a party of clowns, aka Republicans, to create an impression that the tides are always changing. Thus, I'm sorry, bipper, the Americans might not be born stupid, by the tabula raza principle, but are certainly raised to be so.

Really? That seems a mite silly. Especially with IK backing

Evaluate.

Lastly, maybe if you were "whining" a little more often instead of dancing around the flag, you wouldn't be in the deep arse situation you are in now.

bipper
06-13-2007, 01:49 AM
There are many Americans whom are against the greed of oil, but our system is changing so that we too may vindicate ourselves from the oppression of these leaders whom are so self governed, self rightous backstabbing *****.

Look, sweetheart, would you give me a break and quit telling us the story about the glorious American people starting a revolution against their villainous leaders. If you haven't managed it since the start of the cold war, you must be doing something very wrong. Apart from that, I fail to catch the scent of grand disagreement between the people and the "self rightous backstabbing *****"s. Where are those "many Americans" that you're talking about? It's exactly the same line a literate US citizen would shoot out during the Vietnam war, yet here we stand again, US troops invading the middle east.

If you define stupidity as an innate attribute, then yes, Americans are most probably just as stupid as the rest of the world. However, what you kindly refer to as "misinformation" is what most people, outside the US, would call zombification. The fact that your state does a good job at controlling its population is bluntly obvious. Of course, the population will with absolute sincerity agree that they're acting out of their own will. I'd like to quote Hitler at this point, "Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state". If the Nazis lasted for long enough to raise a generation under their mentality, this generation would be just as certain that they're not brainwashed at all, have a good set of arguments to defend their posi<b></b>tion and support socio-nationalism until the very end of their days. This is precisely where the Americans are now. Your government was cleverer though and inserted a party of clowns, aka Republicans, to create an impression that the tides are always changing. Thus, I'm sorry, bipper, the Americans might not be born stupid, by the tabula raza principle, but are certainly raised to be so.

Really? That seems a mite silly. Especially with IK backing

Evaluate.

Lastly, maybe if you were "whining" a little more often instead of dancing around the flag, you wouldn't be in the deep arse situation you are in now.

hardly worth a reply. Learn to address points, and hold a civil conversation, then try again. Too much trolling, name-calling, and dare I say it, stupidity for me to address.

Discord
06-13-2007, 01:50 AM
And that's how most discussions on the matter of Americans being stupid end. They run out of points and pull the humiliation card.

bipper
06-13-2007, 01:55 AM
And that's how most discussions on the matter of Americans being stupid end. They run out of points and pull the humiliation card.

I hardly ran out of points, and I very well can retort. I just looked at your past username, and realize why your posts were so detrimental to the point. thought the style was familiar. Basically, you resorted to name calling, and acting out a bit vulgar, and not even acknowledging what I said. No humiliation card here, more like sick of arguing the subject in this manner.

Madame Adequate
06-13-2007, 01:57 AM

Okay.

Go read Made in America by Bill Bryson.

Leeza
06-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Too much bickering and name calling gets a thread closed.

Another Mod may reopen this if they wish.

Miriel
06-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Sheesh, you guys. This was made in GC, why couldn't we have had some light-hearted ribbing and leave it at that? This is just steaming with EoEO hostility and negativity.

*closes*

Let's all be happy and move along now.

Edit: Oops, Leeza beat me to it.